over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

DHEA

nothuman

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Bloods came back and my DHEAS was 216 so a little on the low end of normal for my age (32). Anyone know any good way to get that up without raising my estrogen? (E2 is 33)

I personally think DHEA is overrated. if you're on HRT with an anti-e your good to go. Ive read up thoroughly on DHEA and see no real benefit and no real science to back up the so called benefits.

Last edited:
I personally think DHEA is overrated. if you're on HRT with an anti-e your good to go. Ive read up thoroughly on DHEA and see no real benefit and no real science to back up the so called benefits.

You think it is best to just accept DHEA lowering with age?

You think it is best to just accept DHEA lowering with age?

The reason behind DHEA is its "believed' to help increase libido and testosterone if you supplement with it after your 40. Thus its "believed" that declining DHEA leads to declining libido and testosterone. there is no real science to back this up (currently). so in my opinion (and im no doctor) i would just supplement with testosterone. now even though this is just my opinion my background is I live in florida and have been to 3 wellness clinics under 4 different physicians who specialize in HRT and none of them have ever recommended i supplement with DHEA. They dont even insist i test for my DHEA levels. im assuming this is because im supplementing with testosterone already which solves the problem of declining libido and testosterone.

Bloods came back and my DHEAS was 216 so a little on the low end of normal for my age (32). Anyone know any good way to get that up without raising my estrogen? (E2 is 33)

Are you on TRT?

I’m 50 on TRT and I take it in lotion form most days. Agreed it probably doesn’t do much, but for $35 for 2.5 months, I figure why not. Just covering all bases. It does seem to give me a slight mood boost. That’s aboit it.

I want to use 25-50mg from Life Extension but worried about the increased estrogen side. I can't find any data on how dramatic the E2 increase is.

I also am confused whether DHEA or 7-Keto DHEA is better. Apparently, 7-Keto doesn't raise estrogen but I don't know whether it increases blood levels of DHEA or not.

Supplemental DHEA (if sub optimal-- deficiency is present) goes beyond boosting libido and sex hormones. Even then, that's up for debate and has shown more promising for females than males.

I know several "in-the-know" clinicians that highly recommend supplemental DHEA.

Maybe individuals should "research" the biological processes involved in neurogenesis, endothelial function, antiglucocorticoid activity, vascular remodeling, ect.

To avoid first pass degradation, I'd suggest taking 25mg sublingual.

Last edited:
I want to use 25-50mg from Life Extension but worried about the increased estrogen side. I can't find any data on how dramatic the E2 increase is.

I also am confused whether DHEA or 7-Keto DHEA is better. Apparently, 7-Keto doesn't raise estrogen but I don't know whether it increases blood levels of DHEA or not.

I've yet to know anyone to be that sensitive to low doses of DHEA.

Patiently awaits that someone to chime in how it caused gyno. If that's the case, you're sensitive to testosterone on a mg to mg of DHEA to testosterone cyp/ethn.

Last edited:
Supplemental DHEA (if sub optimal-- deficiency is present) goes beyond boosting libido and sex hormones. Even then, that's up for debate and has shown more promising for females than males.

I know several "in-the-know" clinicians that highly recommend supplemental DHEA.

Maybe individuals should "research" the biological processes involved in neurogenesis, endothelial function, antiglucocorticoid activity, vascular remodeling, ect.

To avoid first pass degradation, I'd suggest taking 25mg sublingual.

Patiently awaits that someone to chime in how it caused gyno. If that's the case, you're sensitive to testosterone on a mg to mg of DHEA to testosterone cyp/ethn.

Ok thanks this is what I will do. Life Extension sells it sublingually. Would 50mg be better to reach optimal levels of DHEA? Since you seem to suggest the increase in estradiol isn't that significant, I'm thinking that might be the optimal dose for me.

Stewie,

What’s your opinion on taking pregnenolone with dhea while on trt?

Any advice on where to find quality sublingual DHEA. Couldn’t seem to find any when I was looking last week.

Now this is where I’d like to see if humanofort comes into play

Any advice on where to find quality sublingual DHEA. Couldn’t seem to find any when I was looking last week.

Life Extension has it

Stewie,

What’s your opinion on taking pregnenolone with dhea while on trt?
Great question. Pregnenolone is likely much more of a good idea than DHEA from what I've read.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I’ll repeat what I said in another thread. I started DHEA while taking hrt several weeks ago. It definitely gave me more energy. 25mg made my nipples itch. Started taking DIM with it and it went away. I recommend it ! Best thing to do is try it and see for yourself! I am more productive with it and clothes are tighter!
Protocol. 120mg hrt. 25mg 2x a day. DIM 200 mg 2x a day

I’ll repeat what I said in another thread. I started DHEA while taking hrt several weeks ago. It definitely gave me more energy. 25mg made my nipples itch. Started taking DIM with it and it went away. I recommend it ! Best thing to do is try it and see for yourself! I am more productive with it and clothes are tighter!
Protocol. 120mg hrt. 25mg 2x a day. DIM 200 mg 2x a day

All due respect to Musclemoose, I've decided to take 25mg sublingually because the idea of accepting DHEA lowering just doesn't appeal to me. Should be able to start Monday morning.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear