Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Latest set of bloods. I'm on 2.5iu HGH

TSH: 1.78
Free T4: 1.5
Free T3: 2.68

I would like to get my Free T3 into the 3.2-4 range without altering my TSH and Free T4 much. Would 12.5mcg of Cytomel do the trick and what level would I likely have of Free T3 using this dose?

Iodine.

More food will probably work.

How much? I'm already taking some

Then I'll get fat. I eat more than I should be as it is.

I started taking iodine supplements, every other day, and within a month my blood work indicated I was "out of range (too high)" on iodine. I don't recommend it, as their can be adverse side effects of taking too much iodine supplement.

Anyone else? Would taking T3 at 12.5-25mcg possibly solve this problem?

Anyone else? Would taking T3 at 12.5-25mcg possibly solve this problem?

12.5mcg will probably do the trick, but your TSH and natty production will start to go down, you will eventually need 25mcg and so on. If you want to use thyroid full time I would recommend a T3/T4 blend.

12.5mcg will probably do the trick, but your TSH and natty production will start to go down, you will eventually need 25mcg and so on. If you want to use thyroid full time I would recommend a T3/T4 blend.

Even if my free T4 is 1.5? Given my numbers, what would you recommend from a T3/T4 dosing standpoint if I plan to do it long term?

Even if my free T4 is 1.5? Given my numbers, what would you recommend from a T3/T4 dosing standpoint if I plan to do it long term?

You can easily find a holistic medical provider who will give you all the desiccated thyroid you want. Thyroid dose is always titrated to the individual. Desiccated thyroid is measured in grains, 1 to 2 grains is the usual full replacement dose, with 1.25 to 1.5 being average probably, I think people usually start at half a grain.

6.25 cytomel will do the trick !!!

tsh will drop a little
t4 will drop a little
t3 will up a little

should also not be worried about your natural levels with this dose.

12.5 would put your tsh and t4 too far down.

I have been on 12.5 for years and my natural production has not dropped but my dose is a little higher the I would say you should use I am on beta blockers which cause my reverse t3 to raise and t4 not convert well I have spent way to much time on the thyroid.....

Last edited:
You can easily find a holistic medical provider who will give you all the desiccated thyroid you want. Thyroid dose is always titrated to the individual. Desiccated thyroid is measured in grains, 1 to 2 grains is the usual full replacement dose, with 1.25 to 1.5 being average probably, I think people usually start at half a grain.
To add to this, sponsor Cratus Medical prescribes and ships natural desiccated thyroid to your door. We had a hell of a time finding an endo locally who could discern his cranium from his rectum, but then we found Cratus. My wife has been prescribed T4 only for many years... Longer than we've been together.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The thyroid gland is extremely complicated. There isn't a set dose of T3 or any other compound that you can bank on working in your situation.

My advice would be to get blood work after each change you make, and give each protocol plenty of time to see it's effects.

To add to this, sponsor Cratus Medical prescribes and ships natural desiccated thyroid to your door. We had a hell of a time finding an endo locally who could discern his cranium from his rectum, but then we found Cratus. My wife has been prescribed T4 only for many years... Longer than we've been together.

I hate most Endo's.

"You're Free t3 is just below range. You're fine we just call that subclinical"

With high RT3 snd no response to Cytomel one 300+ lb idiot told me "You're medication isn't working because you're healthy. If I took it I would start losing weight instantly"

Selenium helps T4 to T3 conversion.

Did you get RT3 tested also?

I take selenium and my dumb endo wouldn’t let me test for that even though I asked

I just had my tsh and t4 tested.. Both were right in mid range... But I still feel that my issues are thyroid related.. Dr thinks otherwise

Critical that you find a doctor who recognizes that free T3 is a required part of thyroid labs.

I just had my tsh and t4 tested.. Both were right in mid range... But I still feel that my issues are thyroid related.. Dr thinks otherwise

Critical that you find a doctor who recognizes that free T3 is a required part of thyroid labs.

I agree... Going to call him again on Monday...

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws