YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

No matter what i metod i try my carb up goes wrong!!

La_pantera

Registered
I tried so many diffrent approaches and its either flat or bloated. My body just seems to burn trough the carbs when i carb up. everything from 300-800g carbs i have tried dont work. I was using my high carb day to see if i look fuller next day but nopp i lose weight the day after.

The diet i run is like this 3 low 1 high.

Low days
100g carbs
300g protein
Fat 40g

High day:
100g protein
400-500g carbs
Fat 40-50g

Drop sodium
Keep water high

Keep sodium in
Keep water high

Drop sodium and lowering water litte everyday. 10-5-2.5-1 liter.

What am i doing wrong?

Appreciate all the answer i can get not looking for free info from coaches or anything like that wanna see maybe there is another method like maybe load on fat and carbs will slow digest the carbs.

I know i am not stage ready yet but i am pretty lean to see a diffrence from the carb up.

Thanks

Attachments

• newww.jpg
    newww.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 266
Last edited:
May I ask why you drop your protein down to 100g on a carb up? Your overall caloric intake isn't high enough to completely fill up glyogen stores. The point of a refeed is to exceed or at least meet maintenance. You need to create a small surplus of calories to stimulate leptin and fill out.

May I ask why you drop your protein down to 100g on a carb up? Your overall caloric intake isn't high enough to completely fill up glyogen stores. The point of a refeed is to exceed or at least meet maintenance. You need to create a small surplus of calories to stimulate leptin and fill out.

I am doing my diet according to chris acetos Championship bodybuilding book that i have and its working great. I tried to have 800g carbs - 100g protein - 50g fat still flat next day.

He says the reason is to fill upp glycogen but still stay on deficit in calories. he not mention anything about leptin.

Only doing cardio 30min 3x week and i drop from 86kg to 77.8kg in 6 weeks.

Last edited:

That, and its taking you longer to get carb'd up. Your period is too short.
Start carbing up a day or two earlier (You will have to experiment to see what works best for you). Get a minimal spill and you will know your fully carb'd this should happen Thu afternoon.
Friday, back off the carbs, your muscles will be full and you will suck up the spill.
My 2C

I am doing my diet according to chris acetos Championship bodybuilding book that i have and its working great. I tried to have 800g carbs - 100g protein - 50g fat still flat next day.

He says the reason is to fill upp glycogen but still stay on deficit in calories. he not mention anything about leptin.

Only doing cardio 30min 3x week and i drop from 86kg to 77.8kg in 6 weeks.
If you are losing weight the following day, you are still in a caloric deficit...

That, and its taking you longer to get carb'd up. Your period is too short.
Start carbing up a day or two earlier (You will have to experiment to see what works best for you). Get a minimal spill and you will know your fully carb'd this should happen Thu afternoon.
Friday, back off the carbs, your muscles will be full and you will suck up the spill.
My 2C

Well i had once a cheat day and i basically ate everything i could in 12 hour period. then went back next day direct on my diet 100g carbs low carbs and after about 4 days damn i was so fucking full i could not believe my eyes but was still holding water full not dry full. It took me 4 days to see the cheat day.
One thing i notice is when i eat a fat meal like burger and fries and get fuller then eat rice and chicken. maybe its the fat because my sodium intake is not changed its always pretty high.

what you thoughts? thnx

If you are losing weight the following day, you are still in a caloric deficit...

Yes its like whoosh effect and get dryer and leaner after the high carb day weight drops by 2kg. like i hold water on low carbs because of the cortisol and i dont sleep so good. but on high day i get great sleep.

Well i had once a cheat day and i basically ate everything i could in 12 hour period. then went back next day direct on my diet 100g carbs low carbs and after about 4 days damn i was so fucking full i could not believe my eyes but was still holding water full not dry full. It took me 4 days to see the cheat day.
One thing i notice is when i eat a fat meal like burger and fries and get fuller then eat rice and chicken. maybe its the fat because my sodium intake is not changed its always pretty high.

what you thoughts? thnx

There you have it, Takes you a little longer to fill. Gauge yourself knowing that.
Now when you filled and held water its because of the IRREGULARITY of the meal consumed, thats a hit and miss situation better performed with diuretics.
My advise, after you fill and spill Thu, back off the carbs Fri, Increase your fats that day to maintain positive calorie intake. That'll get rid of the extra water under your skin.

There you have it, Takes you a little longer to fill. Gauge yourself knowing that.
Now when you filled and held water its because of the IRREGULARITY of the meal consumed, thats a hit and miss situation better performed with diuretics.
My advise, after you fill and spill Thu, back off the carbs Fri, Increase your fats that day to maintain positive calorie intake. That'll get rid of the extra water under your skin.

The problem is to much sugar *candy and ice cream" thats what probably make me spill over so bad. I gained 8kg haha. crazy.
I was thinking maybe to a cleaner cheat day and have like burgers and french fries every 2 hour. you think good idea?

Thats a great idea. Exactly on cheat day you eat everything so you dont know whats is working and whats not. The fat think was smart idea basically zero carbs high protein and fat like keto?

ex maintanace: 3000 calories
Protein - Fat

Lets say i would have a cheat day and then use diuretics to dry out what time would be best to put the diuretics in the game?

appreciate your help brother.

Last edited:
The problem is to much sugar *candy and ice cream" thats what probably make me spill over so bad. I gained 8kg haha. crazy.
I was thinking maybe to a cleaner cheat day and have like burgers and french fries every 2 hour. you think good idea?

Thats a great idea. Exactly on cheat day you eat everything so you dont know whats is working and whats not. The fat think was smart idea basically zero carbs high protein and fat like keto?

ex maintanace: 3000 calories
Protein - Fat

Lets say i would have a cheat day and then use diuretics to dry out what time would be best to put the diuretics in the game?

appreciate your help brother.

These are just general guidelines,
I don't like to throw in calories, randomly because its a hit and miss situation. I prefer to control the peak and know I can bring it about by repeating a process that I have tried before.
Little tweaks here and there is not wrong, but drastic changes, will do just that change how you look drastically.
Not really Keto, but the last day, after you've filled up... your not really doing anything to deplete your muscles, even your posing at this time is light, light squeeze ... essentially you've done your work by that time.
Adding in the fat at this point will further help you get rid of the excess, in fact it a mild diuretic at this point.
Peaking is kinda involved if you want to be competitive, but based on that one picture, with that lighting i would say you can be in better shape if your gonna walk on stage.

These are just general guidelines,
I don't like to throw in calories, randomly because its a hit and miss situation. I prefer to control the peak and know I can bring it about by repeating a process that I have tried before.
Little tweaks here and there is not wrong, but drastic changes, will do just that change how you look drastically.
Not really Keto, but the last day, after you've filled up... your not really doing anything to deplete your muscles, even your posing at this time is light, light squeeze ... essentially you've done your work by that time.
Adding in the fat at this point will further help you get rid of the excess, in fact it a mild diuretic at this point.
Peaking is kinda involved if you want to be competitive, but based on that one picture, with that lighting i would say you can be in better shape if your gonna walk on stage.

yes i understand but i you have to try to see what works for your body even some small tips can help me. Yeah still have about 6 weeks to get ready for stage but i wanna do a trial peek to see if i can peak correct. aha ok well what i did after that cheat day those i went back to training and low carbs.

I will try this approach my friend bodybuilder told me to try.

white Rise and raisins with hands of almonds 6 meals like this. and see if how i look the next day.

but people say you cant carb load if you dont have potassium in the carb up. but lets say you depletion you are already on high potassium with broccoli, asparagus with every meal. my potassium is about 7000mg on the depletion phase from my foods. I mean i already have potassium in my body before i start the carb up or will the high water flush out most of it?

Based on your pics and the fact that you still have 6 weeks left, I would try a longer and more aggressive carb up as Rogue suggested. Worst case scenario = you spill a little and it MAY set you back 1 day, if that. Keep it controlled, take pics throughout, and make notes. Then you'll have something you either have to tweak a little (primarily the timing and length), or you'll have your game plan locked :headbang:

You can lose weight while loading, but your appearance should improve.

Maybe you need 2 or 3 days of loading.

Do not reduce sodium during loading.

You can lose weight while loading, but your appearance should improve.

Maybe you need 2 or 3 days of loading.

Do not reduce sodium during loading.

This doesn't work for everyone. The only true way I can help anyone is to see their prior preps and pictures. People need to start keeping journals on themselves. Then they would have a better picture of what is wrong.

This doesn't work for everyone. The only true way I can help anyone is to see their prior preps and pictures. People need to start keeping journals on themselves. Then they would have a better picture of what is wrong.

Totally agree, one must try with multiple combinations, making small changes, or drastic changes.

But if his problem is that not gain weight/fullness, almost certainly it is because he need salt.

Totally agree, one must try with multiple combinations, making small changes, or drastic changes.

But if his problem is that not gain weight/fullness, almost certainly it is because he need salt.
or water... or more carbs... or higher fats... Not trying to pick a bone with you, but everyone is different so it could be a number of different things. It certainly could be salt, but it's not ALWAYS the case :)

Thnx guys for all help and information. I have decided to do this way trial run this time.

Day 7-3

Aldactone 25mg morning
Water 8 liter
Carbs: 50g
Sodium 6-7000mg

3 Days out

Aldactone 25mg
Carbs 750g
Sodium 6-7000mg
Water: 4 liter

2 day out:
aldactone 25mg
Carbs 750g
Sodium 6-7000mg
Water: 4 liter

1day out:

no aldactone
Carbs depends on condition 3-400g
No sodium added to meals
Water 4 liter cut at 4pm

What are your thoughts? Last time i did aldactone i got very dry but i did run it to long and cut water to early. will do same but cut later later see if i fill up. I ran it 10 days last show this time will run it 4-5 days only and that was very i look the best.

Any changes will be appreciated.. Remember its just a trial run still 6 weeks left

Last edited:
A carb-up wont work no matter what method, if you're not truly depleted first

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member