over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Just Had Neck Surgery

Bio

Staff member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Hey all, Friday I had a Posterior, Left Side, C4-5 Decompression. Things seemed to have gone well.

My surgeon uses a lot of local anesthetic and it wore off about 6pm tonight (Saturday)..LOL! Luckily he prescribed me a good amount of Oxycodone. My left arm is acting a bit weird due to all of the trauma in the surgery area. It's like it's partially asleep but without the numbness and pins and needles...just awkward to move around. It's slowly getting better though.

Anyway, looking forward to things healing up and slowly returning to the gym. I have some other surgeries on the horizon, so it's nice to get one out of the way!

Funny/sad story regarding my insurance...they wouldn't approve my pain meds. They thought one every four hours was too much (10mg Oxycodone for post surgery). For a cervical decompression? Really?? Anyway, I wound up paying cash on Thursday since it hadn't come through yet and then I get a call today, Saturday, at 6pm letting me know it was approved. I'll get reimbursed but what a joke!

I haven't been of the forum as much due to issues with my spine. There are issue in the cervical, thoracic and lumbar...good times! LOL!! For you guys that know some of my history, this is par for the course.

Glad it went well. Crazy about the insurance company being that way.

Here's to a Speedy Recovery.

I feel your Pain, having had a Laminectomy @ L-4/L-5 many years ago.

Glad to hear that someone over at your Insurance Company Woke Up.
You can thank the New War on Opioids for your Initial Denial by the Insurance Company.

Cause this New War is a War on the Patients.......................... JP

Wish you a quick recovery

I had a microdiscectomy at L4/L5 in 2016 and my recovery was excellent

I'm going to watch this so please update. I ended up with two compression fractures recently, T6 and T7 and turns out I fractured T8 previously and did not know.
I've went to two different surgeons because I wanted a second opinion due to the incredible pain but neither recommend surgery at this time due to my age. How long before surgery did you fracture your vertebrae? At least you got prescribed a decent sounding amount of pain meds, my first doctor only prescribed one 7.5/325 percocet every 12 hours. The result of that was that I spent the first month plus flat on my back. Now I get one 10/325 every 8 hours and the pain has let up greatly anyway, I can stand for about 10-20 minutes before I start hurting on painkillers or not.
I'm barely taking them at all now except when I have to go somewhere. They are poison in the long run anyway, I have more experience than I'd like to admit with opiates. I'm supposed to be able to start physical therapy in a couple of weeks so I'm looking forward to that. What is the long term prognosis for you? Mine isn't good.

Get better bro. You have been missed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope all goes well with your recovery,best of luck Bio !

Glad to hear it went well! You'll be back in the gym banging out those heavy weights in no time ;):headbang:

You may experience a slight worsening of your condition in the next week, mostly due to inflammation on the nerve/root from the healing process.

Don't be discouraged, as that is normal and temporary.

Good luck Bio. Ice up.

I deal with prior authorization of narcotic medications. It's fucked up and a challenge. A lot of our patients don't understand is the process can sometimes take an hour and is a challenging task. Glad your meds were approved.

Here's to a Speedy Recovery.

I feel your Pain, having had a Laminectomy @ L-4/L-5 many years ago.

Glad to hear that someone over at your Insurance Company Woke Up.
You can thank the New War on Opioids for your Initial Denial by the Insurance Company.

Cause this New War is a War on the Patients.......................... JP

Wish you a quick recovery

I had a microdiscectomy at L4/L5 in 2016 and my recovery was excellent

I had a Laminectomy on L4-5 when I was 29 years old...now I'm 49 years old! When I was 45 I had L4-5 and L5-s1 fused. That was great, no more pain. However, L2-3 and L3-4 were compromised back then and just recently came back to haunt me...now they're both herniated with L2-3 being the worst of the two.

At 46 I had C5-6 and C6-7 fused and that fixed what was going on in that area. The C4-5 had been giving me left arm pain down near the elbow so hopefully yesterdays procedure gives me some relief! I was going to have C7-T1 fused but when my low back recently started giving me issues again, I lost 17lbs in a month. When I got another cervical and lumbar MRI, it showed that the disc had pulled back some from the spinal cord due to my neck and traps shrinking...we'll see what happens with all that down the road.

I'm getting a transforaminal epidural on L2-3 once they okay things from the recent procedure. The surgeon is hoping the disc will recess some. If not, I'm looking at another fusion.

I had a Laminectomy on L4-5 when I was 29 years old...now I'm 49 years old! When I was 45 I had L4-5 and L5-s1 fused. That was great, no more pain. However, L2-3 and L3-4 were compromised back then and just recently came back to haunt me...now they're both herniated with L2-3 being the worst of the two.

At 46 I had C5-6 and C6-7 fused and that fixed what was going on in that area. The C4-5 had been giving me left arm pain down near the elbow so hopefully yesterdays procedure gives me some relief! I was going to have C7-T1 fused but when my low back recently started giving me issues again, I lost 17lbs in a month. When I got another cervical and lumbar MRI, it showed that the disc had pulled back some from the spinal cord due to my neck and traps shrinking...we'll see what happens with all that down the road.

I'm getting a transforaminal epidural on L2-3 once they okay things from the recent procedure. The surgeon is hoping the disc will recess some. If not, I'm looking at another fusion.
Damn man, lots of back issues your whole life. What do you attribute that to? Do major back problems run in your family? Did you have some traumatic injury young like a car wreck? Played football, crazy training, what?

Glad your rounding the bend to recovery though. Hang in there.

Last edited:
Instead of a fusion can they not just do a disc replacement ? Mine in my neck has done great... Full movement ...

I'm going to watch this so please update. I ended up with two compression fractures recently, T6 and T7 and turns out I fractured T8 previously and did not know.
I've went to two different surgeons because I wanted a second opinion due to the incredible pain but neither recommend surgery at this time due to my age. How long before surgery did you fracture your vertebrae? At least you got prescribed a decent sounding amount of pain meds, my first doctor only prescribed one 7.5/325 percocet every 12 hours. The result of that was that I spent the first month plus flat on my back. Now I get one 10/325 every 8 hours and the pain has let up greatly anyway, I can stand for about 10-20 minutes before I start hurting on painkillers or not.
I'm barely taking them at all now except when I have to go somewhere. They are poison in the long run anyway, I have more experience than I'd like to admit with opiates. I'm supposed to be able to start physical therapy in a couple of weeks so I'm looking forward to that. What is the long term prognosis for you? Mine isn't good.

I don't currently have a fracture...that's not what this surgery was for. However, three months after my C5-6 and C6-7 fusion, when I was getting ready to start PT, my C6 vertebrae and pedicle bone fractured. I had a bone scan done and everything came back normal. I was in a back brace for 3.5 months. The doctors were scratching their head. Ankylosing Spondylitis runs in my family and I have the gene. This can cause vertebral fractures. I'm working with a new Rheumatologist who now thinks I can actually be diagnosed with the disease. When I'm healed from this current surgery, she's going to start me on one of the biologics (Embril, Humira, Remicade, etc) and see if that helps...I'm really grateful!! The only down side to the biologics is that they're immunosuppressive but the pain from AS is not fun on top of herniated discs! Good Times! LOL!!

Best wishes for a speedy recovery Brother.

Good information, I had to look up several of the terms you mentioned. Those biologics scare the hell out of me, the side effects mentioned in the commercials do a good job of that. Have you been diagnosed with osteoporosis? Sounds like you may have different reasons than me. I'm supposed to see an endocrinologist eventually, they are several months out on appointments. I hate to think that I did this to myself, but it's possible. I've always been diligent about bloodwork on and off cycle with my HRT so I don't understand it. My test and estrogen have always been good according to the numbers but maybe the tests I've done didn't show the whole picture. I don't have to tell you how complex hormones are. In the meantime I've bumped my test up to 20mg a day with no ai, not that I was using my aromasin before, I didn't need it. I'm on 2iu of hgh a day too. I know all about wearing the brace, I feel ridiculous in it but it's necessary. It always makes me feel like I am one of the pill-shills shopping for painkillers when I wear it to the doctor or pharmacy, and like I'm an old man the rest of the time. I'm 40 by the way.

Numbness

How long did they say recovery would be? at night did you have problems with one or both of your hands going numb? when trying to sleep? i'm having that issue right now, suppose to meet with surgeon on the 11th of july

Hey all, Friday I had a Posterior, Left Side, C4-5 Decompression. Things seemed to have gone well.

My surgeon uses a lot of local anesthetic and it wore off about 6pm tonight (Saturday)..LOL! Luckily he prescribed me a good amount of Oxycodone. My left arm is acting a bit weird due to all of the trauma in the surgery area. It's like it's partially asleep but without the numbness and pins and needles...just awkward to move around. It's slowly getting better though.

Anyway, looking forward to things healing up and slowly returning to the gym. I have some other surgeries on the horizon, so it's nice to get one out of the way!

Funny/sad story regarding my insurance...they wouldn't approve my pain meds. They thought one every four hours was too much (10mg Oxycodone for post surgery). For a cervical decompression? Really?? Anyway, I wound up paying cash on Thursday since it hadn't come through yet and then I get a call today, Saturday, at 6pm letting me know it was approved. I'll get reimbursed but what a joke!

I haven't been of the forum as much due to issues with my spine. There are issue in the cervical, thoracic and lumbar...good times! LOL!! For you guys that know some of my history, this is par for the course.

Peyton Manning won two MVP’s after having neck surgery. You’ll be fine!

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws