over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Cheat Days

petegriffin

Registered
I have cheat days every Sunday and I've been doing it for a few years now. It gives me something to look forward to during the week and once it's over I don't want to look at another donut or slice of pizza until the next week lol.. I'll usually start the day off and get a dozen donuts and eat 4 or 5 right off the bat and then bring them home for the wife and kid, and I usually have 1 or 2 more. I'll also eat cereal and whatever other snacks are in the house until the next meal which is usually pizza and wings or burger n fries or sometimes both lol. I try to stay lean year around so I try to keep the cheat day around 5000 calories and Mon-Sat around 2000 calories. Who else enjoys cheat days and what kind of good stuff do ya eat?

Personally don’t do a cheat day but a cheat meal. That usually gets me over the hump. Feel the glycogen build up and I’m good till the next weekend.

An entire day seems completely unnecessary. To each their own though.

Personally it would fuck my digestion for the day and most likely roll into the next day. Bloated, cankles, and go to bed feeling like shit, ect. Just not my thing.

Id rather just train, go to Texas de Brazil, slam food - grab some ice cream and call it a day.

workout is for a better life so why do you give up the joy of life because of workout. a cheat day a week, go to eat some pizza and hamburger, enjoy my time. I am not pro or competitor, why not leave some time for myself to enjoy the life.:spam:

I've had 2 cheat meals since May. I have been doing refeeds. I swear cheat meals set me back. I'm real lean and my cals are getting low. For some reason I keep craving sweets. I will be having a cheat meal this weekend or the following weekend

I’m surprised at how many of you are so strict, and I wonder for what?

I think if you can’t look good on a basic 80/20 rule (heard this from many athletes of different types) then there’s something definitely wrong with your training...

I don’t have a set diet, I just eat healthy meals about 80% of the time and the other times I just eat what I want...

I eat 2-3 meals a day (I do fasting and I have a HUGE appetite) so I like to eat big big meals and this method definitely works and helps me stay pretty lean (abs show without flexing, idk bf %) but I’ll average about 18 meals a week now that I think back (at least recent days, and last week... I had about 4 “cheat” meals in the last week that I can remember and I still have my abs and still feel good and getting better by the week so long as my training is hard and progressive and I rest good..

depends what you mean by cheat

if its stuffing your face all day maybe once or twice a year, esp after a show, even then though, thats an easy way to gain way too much weight.

its best to control your portions, appreciate , and meals. Sure a cheat meal now and again, but a cheat day no.

Op what do you look like? got a recentish picture? whats your body fat like>?

I went off my diet for a week on vacation at the beach...I still ate 4-6 meals , with bcaa's lots of fruit, lowered protein some, and didnt do any weights. Looked great as well. Just came off a contest...

I have cheat days every Sunday and I've been doing it for a few years now. It gives me something to look forward to during the week and once it's over I don't want to look at another donut or slice of pizza until the next week lol.. I'll usually start the day off and get a dozen donuts and eat 4 or 5 right off the bat and then bring them home for the wife and kid, and I usually have 1 or 2 more. I'll also eat cereal and whatever other snacks are in the house until the next meal which is usually pizza and wings or burger n fries or sometimes both lol. I try to stay lean year around so I try to keep the cheat day around 5000 calories and Mon-Sat around 2000 calories. Who else enjoys cheat days and what kind of good stuff do ya eat?

Iv been doing sundays cheat days for years.come Monday back to the grind.gota have a.lil fun.pluse I have a 11.year old.gota eat some junk with her lol.gh has helped keep me lean while having cheat days also.

Most seem to go one way or another based on personality. Some can't do cheat meals because it just keeps that craving lodged in your mind and you just look forward to it all week. Going cold turkey for x amount of time can help your body/cells forget that taste and lessen the desire for it. Think about kids/babies who've never had sweets. They don't crave them at all because they just don't know about it. This is more a strategy for your all or nothing types. Know thyself.

The other as mentioned is the 80/20. Some are satiated by just a bit here and there. Like those people that can just take a bite of something and be done. Again, it just goes back to how you're wired.

Look into yourself, find where you fit, and follow a rule that fits with your mentality yet doesn't wreck your progress. Just because such and such says to do this or that doesn't mean YOU can, nor should.

In my experience, allowing myself a "cheat day" results in me binging, and eating as much as 3000 calories over my goal. For me, the cheat day is devastating.If you can have a "cheat" day where you end up eating at maintenance or maybe even slightly above, and it helps you stay with it, then go for it. For me 1-3 cheat meals per week (depends If im in prep) are way to go, but thats me. Burgers and fries:p yum

Last edited:

You're basically doing Scott Abel's "cycle diet". It works very well indeed.

I normally do a cheat meal every Saturday night with my family…..normally a big appetizer….followed by a meal and a desert!!! I normally eat pretty clean year round, so the cheat meal always gives me something to look forward to!

depends what you mean by cheat

if its stuffing your face all day maybe once or twice a year, esp after a show, even then though, thats an easy way to gain way too much weight.

its best to control your portions, appreciate , and meals. Sure a cheat meal now and again, but a cheat day no.

Op what do you look like? got a recentish picture? whats your body fat like>?

I went off my diet for a week on vacation at the beach...I still ate 4-6 meals , with bcaa's lots of fruit, lowered protein some, and didnt do any weights. Looked great as well. Just came off a contest...

I'm usually under 10%, just try to enjoy life and do all the things I like to do without worrying about the small things.

Attachments

• IMG_1251.jpg
    IMG_1251.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 269
Last edited:
Local guy here just competed and used Skip as his coach. I like a lot of what Skip does. Basically deplete through out the week and skipload with high carb low fat mod protein. Using humalog with 3 of the meals. Eating every 4-5 hours.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws