over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

OT - Motorcycle Forums

chinaboy

Kilo Klub Member
Does anyone know of any decent motorcycle forums? Sportbikes in specific. Im looking to sell my CBR250 and buy a 600 and wanted to ask people in the know some questions.

I currently have local craigslist opportunities for a a 2008 CBR600r and a 2011 kawasaki ZX6r. I was leaning toward the CBR as I already have the smaller CBR and the 08 gets good reviews. However, this 2011 kawasaki gets good reviews as well. Both bikes have very low miles, 2000, and were garage kept.

Let me know if you know of any good forums on sportbikes or have somthing to say about these bikes.

Thanks

I know about bikes.. Been around them a while and I actually have an 06 cbr600rr completely stunted out.. I’ve ridden tons of bikes, and I even raced for CCS here in Florida about 8 years ago..

I’ve owned a shit ton of 600’s, 750’s and 1k’s

I assume you just started riding right?

In all honesty, 100% it’s PERSONAL PREFERENCE..

You will not be able to tell the real difference of these bikes unless you’re like AT LEAST AMA Pro level.. I don’t notice shit difference really, especially street riding..

Unless you told me you were leaning towards a specific hobby for the bikes I can narrow it down a little..

I PERSONALLY would go for the ZX6..

Why? Newer year, more available parts and customizing (a lot of people in the race and stunt community favor these bikes)... But it’s all up to you..

I’ve owned my current 06 600rr for 2 years and I’ve owned 2 other 08 cbr600rr’s and ive owned the zx6r and the 14’ 636 lol... Loved them all...

I’m sure you’ll enjoy either one!

Thanks Nemsz. I appreciate the reply. You pretty much explain a lot for me.

You go to a Kawasaki website and they all say get the Kawasaki. You go to a honda forum and they say get the honda. It makes sense to get the latest model due to available parts. And not many people have owned both types of bikes. And I know what you mean..if you blind folded me and let me sit on them or drive them I wouldn't be able to tell much difference.

And yes, I am new to bikes. I have been only riding for three years on my 250. I'm glad I started on the 250 though. I learn more and more each season and feel the 250 was the way to go for a beginner like myself. I'll use the 600 for street only. No track, not hot shot riding.

Thanks Nemsz. I appreciate the reply. You pretty much explain a lot for me.

You go to a Kawasaki website and they all say get the Kawasaki. You go to a honda forum and they say get the honda. It makes sense to get the latest model due to available parts. And not many people have owned both types of bikes. And I know what you mean..if you blind folded me and let me sit on them or drive them I wouldn't be able to tell much difference.

And yes, I am new to bikes. I have been only riding for three years on my 250. I'm glad I started on the 250 though. I learn more and more each season and feel the 250 was the way to go for a beginner like myself. I'll use the 600 for street only. No track, not hot shot riding.

No problem bro..

And yea that’s pretty much how it is lol and I believes the hype my first few bikes until I got around guys with real crazy experience and saw them do shit I can only dream of no matter what bike they got on.. Literally had my buddy who was low level AMA (met him out at the tracks, cool way to get more experience, even if it’s just a weekend) and he literally passed me coming into and on the turn doing a wheelie on a bike that was “worse” than mine... That’s when I knew, I wasn’t shit and bikes don’t make the rider lol... And again, I’ll say LOW LEVEL AMA...

Imagine riding with the GP guys :eek:

But yea if you’re just using for street and doing your thing, pick whatever you like most and if you have the chance to sit on one of each or try one out from a buddy to get a comfort feel even better...

Both will do about the same time on the track if you put Valentino Rossi on them.. Both are great for wheelies and reliability if you do the maintenance..

THE ONLY thing that’s annoying with the CBR for 07-08+ that’s easier for the Kawasaki is to put a Light Kill switch on the CBR you have to do some kind of bypass (bike won’t turn on with lights off) and Kawi you can just put a toggle switch lol... Literally from owning both bikes I can tell you that’s the only part that bothered me lol but I do that for my own reasons..

Another piece of advice because I don’t know where you’re getting it... Theft is HUGE in the bike game nation wide.. I’ve got buddies in NY/tri-state area, North FL and a few other areas and it’s the same shit everywhere..

Check and TRIPLE CHECK the VIN.. Make sure it’s clear and evenly stamped.. Check the whole bike, plastics, matching screws and bolts on parts on each side etc... If you’ve got a gut feeling then don’t do it..

Bikes are so easy to change VINs and get paperwork it’s ridiculous.. Huge business down here.. lmk if you need anything else bro..

Not too much of a flame I hope, but how big are you to be riding a 250?

No problem bro..

And yea that’s pretty much how it is lol and I believes the hype my first few bikes until I got around guys with real crazy experience and saw them do shit I can only dream of no matter what bike they got on.. Literally had my buddy who was low level AMA (met him out at the tracks, cool way to get more experience, even if it’s just a weekend) and he literally passed me coming into and on the turn doing a wheelie on a bike that was “worse” than mine... That’s when I knew, I wasn’t shit and bikes don’t make the rider lol... And again, I’ll say LOW LEVEL AMA...

Imagine riding with the GP guys :eek:

Yeah I agree. I'm always seeing guys on large bikes not seem like they know how to ride at all. Thats part of the good thing about the 250 is you learn how to squeeze out as much as you can with learning riding skills rather than making for it with more CCs.

But yea if you’re just using for street and doing your thing, pick whatever you like most and if you have the chance to sit on one of each or try one out from a buddy to get a comfort feel even better...

Right now I only have one friend I ride with about once a year. I pretty much am a lone cruiser. Maybe I can find a track around here and meet a few people. Or maybe join a riding squad some how.

Both will do about the same time on the track if you put Valentino Rossi on them.. Both are great for wheelies and reliability if you do the maintenance..

THE ONLY thing that’s annoying with the CBR for 07-08+ that’s easier for the Kawasaki is to put a Light Kill switch on the CBR you have to do some kind of bypass (bike won’t turn on with lights off) and Kawi you can just put a toggle switch lol... Literally from owning both bikes I can tell you that’s the only part that bothered me lol but I do that for my own reasons..

Why did you need the lights out, ghost rides?

Another piece of advice because I don’t know where you’re getting it... Theft is HUGE in the bike game nation wide.. I’ve got buddies in NY/tri-state area, North FL and a few other areas and it’s the same shit everywhere..

Check and TRIPLE CHECK the VIN.. Make sure it’s clear and evenly stamped.. Check the whole bike, plastics, matching screws and bolts on parts on each side etc... If you’ve got a gut feeling then don’t do it..

Bikes are so easy to change VINs and get paperwork it’s ridiculous.. Huge business down here.. lmk if you need anything else bro..

I never really thought about that. Thanks for pointing this out to me.

I think what I'm going to do is stalk some local shops websites and see if I can find similar models and sit on them to see what fits me best. I already found an 08 CBR600r at a local shop so I might cruise over this weekend and check it out. Also for the local ZX6r I might just ask the guy to look at it and sit on it.

My curent CBR I got from a kid who sold his bike out of his parents house and the kid went to Harley school. You kind of get a feeling just emailing people on craigslist and then especially meeting up with people.

Not too much of a flame I hope, but how big are you to be riding a 250?

No offense taken. I get this here and there. I don't really look at it like I need a certain size bike for my body. I look at it more like a tool for the job. The 250 is great for me as a beginner and just what I needed. I could care less how I look on it.

The CBR250 really isn't that small. I sat on my buddies R1 and his bike was clearly wider yet the distance between the bars and seat was maybe greater by one inch. My CBR250 fits me very well at 6'1 235lbs.

It still hauls ass compared to most cars on the road and I can rip around. If I had the money I would keep it and still buy a 600. I probably will rebuy another smaller bike if I end up selling it.

However, put it next to another bike and its clearly not as beefy and it tops out at 85mph.

No offense taken. I get this here and there. I don't really look at it like I need a certain size bike for my body. I look at it more like a tool for the job. The 250 is great for me as a beginner and just what I needed. I could care less how I look on it.

The CBR250 really isn't that small. I sat on my buddies R1 and his bike was clearly wider yet the distance between the bars and seat was maybe greater by one inch. My CBR250 fits me very well at 6'1 235lbs.

It still hauls ass compared to most cars on the road and I can rip around. If I had the money I would keep it and still buy a 600. I probably will rebuy another smaller bike if I end up selling it.

However, put it next to another bike and its clearly not as beefy and it tops out at 85mph.

Good bike to learn on.:)

I think what I'm going to do is stalk some local shops websites and see if I can find similar models and sit on them to see what fits me best. I already found an 08 CBR600r at a local shop so I might cruise over this weekend and check it out. Also for the local ZX6r I might just ask the guy to look at it and sit on it.

My curent CBR I got from a kid who sold his bike out of his parents house and the kid went to Harley school. You kind of get a feeling just emailing people on craigslist and then especially meeting up with people.

Yea bro, don’t let your ego get the best of you. Out here in MIA you see someone on IG post every week about a bike death..

I started out on a 80cc dirtbike myself... And I’ve ridden some top 1k’s and there’s honestly no need for it.. Rode a 212whp gsxr 1k’s... Stupid fast 205-207mph top end... No need lol.. 1mm turn of the throttle feels like taking off into space... No thanks lmao I’ll stick to 20mph wheelies...

And about turning off the lights;

Cops aren’t friendly to bikers here, especially to stunters/wheelies, no one stops anyway but when they decide to give a hard time/chase, being able to turn off your lights and take a few turns and get lost in traffic or whatever at night makes things so much easier lol.. Bike lights always stay on so it’s a giveaway and easy to find you..

About the VINs and thefts, I know people out here with brand new 2017-2018 1k’s and 600’s etc and they end up spending about 2-3k total to have New VINs stamped or they do swaps on frames etc and have paper work then sell them or they keep them and rag on them then sell them to unsuspecting people.. It’s a big business so just a heads up.. I’ve stumbled upon my fair share of stolen bikes that were made “legit”.

Last edited:
Yea bro, don’t let your ego get the best of you. Out here in MIA you see someone on IG post every week about a bike death..

I started out on a 80cc dirtbike myself... And I’ve ridden some top 1k’s and there’s honestly no need for it.. Rode a 212whp gsxr 1k’s... Stupid fast 205-207mph top end... No need lol.. 1mm turn of the throttle feels like taking off into space... No thanks lmao I’ll stick to 20mph wheelies...

And about turning off the lights;

Cops aren’t friendly to bikers here, especially to stunters/wheelies, no one stops anyway but when they decide to give a hard time/chase, being able to turn off your lights and take a few turns and get lost in traffic or whatever at night makes things so much easier lol.. Bike lights always stay on so it’s a giveaway and easy to find you..

About the VINs and thefts, I know people out here with brand new 2017-2018 1k’s and 600’s etc and they end up spending about 2-3k total to have New VINs stamped or they do swaps on frames etc and have paper work then sell them or they keep them and rag on them then sell them to unsuspecting people.. It’s a big business so just a heads up.. I’ve stumbled upon my fair share of stolen bikes that were made “legit”.

I love a fast paced vehicles but know the difference between being stupid and riding smart. I appreciate your insight. I too read about every month there is an article in the newspaper about someone dying on a motorcycle around here. Sometimes it's young kids on sport bikes.

I always thought it would be nice to turn off may lights and sneak away with my bike. The 250 is super quiet and could hide well.

And I could believe it about stolen bikes. It's just crazy. When I get closer to a purchase maybe I'll reach out if anything seems odd or rehash what to look for. I'm always looking on Craigslist and it seems like there are always shady adds here too.

Does anyone know of any decent motorcycle forums? Sportbikes in specific. Im looking to sell my CBR250 and buy a 600 and wanted to ask people in the know some questions.

I currently have local craigslist opportunities for a a 2008 CBR600r and a 2011 kawasaki ZX6r. I was leaning toward the CBR as I already have the smaller CBR and the 08 gets good reviews. However, this 2011 kawasaki gets good reviews as well. Both bikes have very low miles, 2000, and were garage kept.

Let me know if you know of any good forums on sportbikes or have somthing to say about these bikes.

Thanks

I would go with the ZX6R myself. You cant go wrong with that line. All the GSXR's are excellent bikes as well for the money.

NEMSZ,
I'm checking out a bike tomorrow and wanted to ask you a few questions.

How do you check out the vin# to check on a bike?

I'm looking at the 2008 with very low miles. How do I check if the bike has rust in the tank? How do I check if things like seals are dry rotted?

Anything else I should ask or look for?

I told the guy to keep the bike cold so I can hear the thing start up.

I'll send you a PM as well.

Anyone else feel free to reply.

Depends what you want the bike for. I take long trips and I wouldn't ride either for that.

You can't go wrong with any of the bikes you mentioned. Ride them both and see which one fits your ergos better from the get go. You can always make adjustments later but it's good to have something that is comfortable from the get go. If you're eventually thinking about converting it to track only go for an R6. Their chassis from the factory is very good for track use.

I honestly don't recommend supersports on the street. Yes they have the "cool factor" but you're making use of 50% of it's capabilities. They were designed for the track. Instead look into something like an older FZ1 or FZ6 for example or some other naked bike like a Triumph Street Triple which will be more than capable, and cheaper both in terms of cost and insurance.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws