over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Thoughts on “Cardio Cycling” ?

Spot on with regard to HIT cardio and its effects on CNS. Something to also think about/include is not only the amount of cardio you do, but the actual movements. If you are always using the same implement/movement you'll become more efficient at it and thus burn less calories. So keep it low impact yes, but try your best to rotate movements such that you don't turn a 4mpg machine into a 40mpg one.

its kinda common knowledge, id think. mix up length and intensity so u dont get to efficient.
but u could also, oh, i dont know...eat less. the effect is the same. dont eat 300 calories and u wont have to "burn" 300 calories doing something u dont like.

its kinda common knowledge, id think. mix up length and intensity so u dont get to efficient.

but u could also, oh, i dont know...eat less. the effect is the same. dont eat 300 calories and u wont have to "burn" 300 calories doing something u dont like.

We are talking about cardio. Cardio cycling, eating less; calorie deficit is another thread.
Don’t point the obvious to sound smart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
It really isn't much different from how most powerlifting programs have recovery and growth phases built in. You cant train full throttle all the time. I think endurance athletes have been doing stuff like this for a long time. I used to cycle a lot back in the 80s and had some programs similar.

All due respect to Skip, he must be unaware of the research showing HIIT prevents you from losing muscle (in fact the opposite is even possible). I tend to agree with the CNS part of it (although I'm not sure there has been research in this department. Over exercising HAS been proven however). Regardless of type, cardio should be done year round for bodybuilders. Some weeks might not be bad to take off but brisk walking is a good substitute.

All due respect to Skip, he must be unaware of the research showing HIIT prevents you from losing muscle (in fact the opposite is even possible). I tend to agree with the CNS part of it (although I'm not sure there has been research in this department. Over exercising HAS been proven however). Regardless of type, cardio should be done year round for bodybuilders. Some weeks might not be bad to take off but brisk walking is a good substitute.

I don’t think he Ever follows the research. He’s all about trial and error. 30 years of frail and error ;)

I don’t think he Ever follows the research. He’s all about trial and error. 30 years of frail and error ;)

Trail and error beats all research in my opinion. All HIT do for me is get my legs sore ..

Yup....HIIT has the science but doesn't consider the individual and their other associated activities. Some people have high alactic capacity which allows for them to do repeat intervals at the same intensity over and over. This is pretty much genetically set and VERY little can improve it. However, the number of people that fall into that category is very small.

However, the majority of the population can vastly improve both absolute strength and true endurance. So if you are one of the lucky few, HIIT is your avenue. But you won't know unless you try.

Evaluate your response and go with what your parents gave you.

You guys are missing the point here

THIS IS NOT HIT VS LISS THREAD. It’s cardio cycling

Doing 6 Days hour cardio for 2 weeks than going back to 30 min everyday for 4 weeks ; will it shock the body more than just increasing cardio every week instead ?

If someone is so worried the body is going to adapt to the type of cardio one is doing, just simply go from treadmill to bike and chance the incline and level of resistance. There’s no need to do hour sessions one week than 2 x 1 hour sessions the next to “shock the body”. Regardless, you’re still burning calories and aiding in your cardiovascular health.

I don't think the objective of this kind of training is to "shock" the body, but rather allow you to increase the amount of aerobic exercise without over training the body. The increase in volume will increase the exercise capacity of your body and allow you to increase intensity and/or volume in the future. Doubling the volume for just a week or so will provide a lot of stimulus and then you back off so that you don't over train. You can also do the same thing with the intensity of the exercise, and keep the volume (time) the same. So you could do 30 minutes two weeks at an average of 3.8 mph and then do two weeks of 30 minutes at an average of 4.5 mph.

I don't think the objective of this kind of training is to "shock" the body, but rather allow you to increase the amount of aerobic exercise without over training the body. The increase in volume will increase the exercise capacity of your body and allow you to increase intensity and/or volume in the future. Doubling the volume for just a week or so will provide a lot of stimulus and then you back off so that you don't over train. You can also do the same thing with the intensity of the exercise, and keep the volume (time) the same. So you could do 30 minutes two weeks at an average of 3.8 mph and then do two weeks of 30 minutes at an average of 4.5 mph.

Taken from the article:

“Cardio cycling keeps your body of balance by not allowing it to get used to the amount of cardio you are doing. It also shocks the body by going from a low amount of cardio to a very high volume of cardio. It
 is also much easier to mentally attack two weeks of all-out cardio when you know that it will be followed by three weeks of reduced cardio activity.”

Seems like that’s what Skip was getting at

You guys are missing the point here

THIS IS NOT HIT VS LISS THREAD. It’s cardio cycling

Doing 6 Days hour cardio for 2 weeks than going back to 30 min everyday for 4 weeks ; will it shock the body more than just increasing cardio every week instead ?

I always try to alternate my cardio and keep as many options on the table

It really isn't much different from how most powerlifting programs have recovery and growth phases built in. You cant train full throttle all the time. I think endurance athletes have been doing stuff like this for a long time. I used to cycle a lot back in the 80s and had some programs similar.
You're right. Have you ever read any of Phil Maffetone's writings? He's a proponent of the 80/20 rule with 80% of your cardio being very low intensity and the result is an IMPROVEMENT on race day!

Obviously most of us know that changes the modalities of cardio is important....but i've never seen a study where "cardio cycling" was looked into.
Even still, it soounnnnds like something that would work.

Unknowingly I do it. I'll do 2 weeks worth of 5 days of LISS at 30 mins.
The 3rd week i'll do 3 days of HIIT.
4th week I'll go 4 days of LISS.
I mostly do it based on how much of a fatass im looking though hahah not so much to "shock the body"

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131