YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Why do I feel like a siffeeewnt person supplementing NAC?

swim15

Registered
I've never really used NAC surprisingly enough and always opted for UDCA when it came to liver protection.

However, I just started supplementing with it this past week for overall health purposes and I feel like a fucking different person. I've been prescribed adderall and/or vyvanse for ADD for the past 4-5 years and NAC has almost the exact same effect as adderall and feels almost identical with some very slight differences. If no one told me, I'd just guess I had taken a slightly lower dose of adderall than normal.

Besides that I'm in a significantly better/lifted mood throughout the day and have had a huge jump in energy with just one 600mg capsule per day. I do notice that it wears off by the afternoon so I'm going to be keeping it on me and dosing 2-3x per day from now on.

Oh, and as another bonus I've noticed a decrease in additive type urges that I've struggled with and generally clearer thinking.

TLDR: NAC has been treating my ADD in place of adderall and has drastically changed/increases my mood and energy.

Now what I'm wondering is the MOA? I've looked online and was thinking maybe due to low glutathione althohhh I'm not sure how I would be deficient. Anyone else experience anything like this?

Also, apologies for not seeing the error in he title. Hate when people do that shit

You might’ve had low glutathione issues

Thoughts on what would cause that? I've looked online and not much seems applicable to but figured it could be something related to a bodybuilding lifestyle that wouldn't be a primary cause for the general population

If you haven't already, see examine.com NAC under neurology.

More than likely it's a paradoxical effect from prolonged derangement of a nasty byproduct of dopamine stimulus from adderall. To keep it simple and sweet. Amphetamines can leave behind a $hitty metabolite (hydroxylated analogue of dopamine), namely 6-hydroxydopamine. Over time this can inhibit dopamine neuron signalling. NAC can be regarded as neuroprotectant on dopaminergic terminals and autoreceptors. Essentially allowing dopamine to fire properly through synaptic action.

Then there's the taming effect of NAC on thee excitatory neurotransmitter, glutamate, in which adderall increases.

Have you thought about dropping the adderall?

More than likely it's a paradoxical effect from prolonged derangement of a nasty byproduct of dopamine stimulus from adderall. To keep it simple and sweet. Amphetamines can leave behind a $hitty metabolite (hydroxylated analogue of dopamine), namely 6-hydroxydopamine. Over time this can inhibit dopamine neuron signalling. NAC can be regarded as neuroprotectant on dopaminergic terminals and autoreceptors. Essentially allowing dopamine to fire properly through synaptic action.

Then there's the taming effect of NAC on thee excitatory neurotransmitter, glutamate, in which adderall increases.

Man I wish I got that effect from an NAC I’ve been on amphetamines for years. I do take it ton of supplements that have been shown to reduce neurotoxicity in the stratum but that’s still a Band-Aid over a bullet wound. I’m detoxing off them in about two weeks for good hopefully this time I stick to it.

Last edited:

Ah interesting, I'll read up on it more. Haven't really thought about dropping the adderall though. I don't take it when I don't need it and have no issues without it. On the weeks I'm cranking 100 hours between school and work though I wouldn't be able to function without it.

If all of this is due to adderall then it would be the only side effect I've had to deal with as I tolerate it really well. Price I pay for grad school ultimately

Last edited:
Man I wish I got that effect from an NAC I’ve been on amphetamines for years. I do take it ton of supplements that have been shown to reduce neurotoxicity in the stratum but that’s still a Band-Aid over a bullet wound. I’m detoxing off them in about two weeks for good hopefully this time I stick to it.

By paradoxical, he's reaping the initial effects from adderall acting on catecholamines, as well buffering (modulating) the synaptic vesicles release of glutamate.

So you may or may not of experienced a sense of normalcy that he's described when you first started taking NAC inconjuction with adderall?

Eventually this will wear off due adderall being a more potent neuromodulator than NAC.

Last edited:
I didn’t feel no difference using NAC but I still do for Its benefits. I wish I felt a well being after every thing I take

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use NAC year round and never felt those type of effects.

By paradoxical, he's reaping the initial effects from adderall acting on catecholamines, as well buffering (modulating) the synaptic vesicles release of glutamate.

So you may or may not of experienced a sense of normalcy that he's described when you first started taking NAC inconjuction with adderall?

Eventually this will wear off due adderall being a more potent neuromodulator than NAC.

I can’t figure out if this article is saying NAC makes Adderall feel stronger or feel weaker? Any input?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29236922/

I'd tend to think the same except that, if I'm understanding correctly, you're saying this boost is from some rebalancing caused by the NAC in regards to the effects of 6-hydroxydopamine, correct?

I take fairly copious amounts of a lot of other antioxidants (2g curcumin, alcar, COQ10, and alpha lipoic acid among others) that should prevent most dopamine oxidation. So the NAC probably wouldn't provide anything extra in that area? Glutamate modulation may be another story

I take NAC, Alpha Lipoic Acid, and Calcium D-Glucarate every day and don't feel any sort of stimulant type of effect.
In fact, I thought this stack would counteract the lethargic effect from the Superdrol, but it has not been able to do that either.

I'd tend to think the same except that, if I'm understanding correctly, you're saying this boost is from some rebalancing caused by the NAC in regards to the effects of 6-hydroxydopamine, correct?

I take fairly copious amounts of a lot of other antioxidants (2g curcumin, alcar, COQ10, and alpha lipoic acid among others) that should prevent most dopamine oxidation. So the NAC probably wouldn't provide anything extra in that area? Glutamate modulation may be another story

pretty sure that some of the effects of nac are unique to it and not only from effects on glutathione.

nac's effect on glutamate modulation i think are also why it can help with nicotine or smoking too.

to the op theanine has also been to shown to help with add.
theanine will also help with dopamine and a bunch of other things sort of synergistic to much of this.

based on what you listed i would say nac should for sure be included.

pretty sure that some of the effects of nac are unique to it and not only from effects on glutathione.

nac's effect on glutamate modulation i think are also why it can help with nicotine or smoking too.

to the op theanine has also been to shown to help with add.
theanine will also help with dopamine and a bunch of other things sort of synergistic to much of this.

based on what you listed i would say nac should for sure be included.

Appreciate it! I've used l-theanine a decent bit but haven't noticed a whole lot from it.

I will say, so far this NAC has absolutely blown my mind and rivals some of the strongest pharmaceuticals I've ever taken in terms of noticeable effects.

Not sure how long this will last if it is in fact temporary like Stewie was saying but I'm going on 3 weeks so far with no diminishment in effects so this will likely be a staple for life aside from all the other benefits it offers.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131