over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

10g eaa's

Anyone know how much protein is in 10g eaa's?

lol? 10g is 10g, conservation of mass, a protein can't be more than 100% complete...

Ha, yes, if you take 10 grams of EAA's from Humapro it's worth about one million grams of protein. :rolleyes:

I think that EAA are maybe a bit “bioavailability” than regular protein so gram for gram you may get more from it but I don’t think taking 10g EAA is gonna be anything like taking in 20g from Whey or eggs as far a what you get from it

Thought it was 30-40g equivalent of protein powder. Doesn’t require digestion. Straight up assimilation ...

Thought it was 30-40g equivalent of protein powder. Doesn’t require digestion. Straight up assimilation ...

Whey isolate does digest very quickly. The speed of absorption vs. eaa is negatable. I'd save money and buy a quality whey iso. instead This goes for even those using slin around workout times.

Whey isolate does digest very quickly. The speed of absorption vs. eaa is negatable. I'd save money and buy a quality whey iso. instead This goes for even those using slin around workout times.

Digestion vs assimilation makes a difference for those that have issues with bloat and feeling full. Like everything else it’s all very individual.

Have to take into account leucine content also.

Whey is 10-11% leucine....so 20g gonna get you 2-2.5g leucine

Most EAAs I’ve seen are around 20% leucine (now essential 9) and some like true nutrition are even higher (50%)

So 20g would be like

Whey- 2.2g
Now - 4g leucine
TN- 10g leucine

For intra workout I’d choose Now foods 20g EAA. I wish TN had a little more balanced profile, maybe like 30% leucine.

The real question is....what difference does it make how many grams of protein 10 grams of eaa is equal to?

10 grams tn (older formula) has same amino profile as 25 -30grams whey isolate.

Eaa is an amazing replacement for protein.
You're simply missing out on calories, peptides, and nutrients.

10 grams tn (older formula) has same amino profile as 25 -30grams whey isolate.

Eaa is an amazing replacement for protein.
You're simply missing out on calories, peptides, and nutrients.

How is that possible if EAA's do not have the many non EAA's that whey does? Or do you mean the 10g EAA formula label showed as many of just the EAA that are in 25g whey iso?

EAAs digest literally about 1-minute faster than hydrolyzed whey. PLUS they are missing di- and tri- peptides that increase the digestion rate of whey, plus other factors that increase protein utilization.

It's not like you are going to utilize all your ingested protein anyway, some of it is going to be metabolized into energy.

acute whey PRO ingestion (15 g), under resting conditions and in elderly men and women, resulted in greater muscle protein balance than consumption of its constituent EAAs (6.72 g) or non-essential amino acids (7.57 g). This result may suggest that something other than EAAs within whey are important for muscle hypertrophy. For example, it is possible that via the PEPT-1 cotransporters' high capacity, low specificity rate of transport, and an apparent increased transport affinity for L-valine bound peptides, that the bound form of an EAA may be more efficiently utilized than when delivered in its free-form. Similarly, new discoveries continue to surface regarding bioactive peptides present within dairy, and specifically in whey that may facilitate improved recovery and antioxidative capacity to support physiological adaptations to exercise.

Whey protein ingestion in elderly results in greater muscle protein accrual than ingestion of its constituent essential amino acid content

Last edited:
Anyone know how much protein is in 10g eaa's? I Googled it and not getting a direct number. I've read 30 plus grams?

10g EAA is 10g protein.

It’s that simple bud

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10g EAA is 10g protein.

It’s that simple bud

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not though...
The EAA amount in 10grams are the same as 25-30grams of Meat protein or whey. Just look at the ratios

How is that possible if EAA's do not have the many non EAA's that whey does? Or do you mean the 10g EAA formula label showed as many of just the EAA that are in 25g whey iso?

Yes, the EAA Is near the same ratio as whey or meat.
25-30grams

It's not though...
The EAA amount in 10grams are the same as 25-30grams of Meat protein or whey. Just look at the ratios
It is :banghead:

There is a difference between the statement

'x grams EAAs is x gram protein'

and the statement

'x grams EAAs is equivalent (in terms of EAA content) to y grams of (Whey/Beef/whatever) protein'

The former statement is clearly wrong and the latter correct. Another thing to note though is that equivalence in terms of EAA content does not imply that both things are the same. They are only the same in this one particular characteristic. Other things like amounts of calories, effectiveness for inducing mucle protein synthesis, effect on collagen sythesis, mineral content etc., are not the same. That's why the idea of 'eqivalence in terms of EAA content' is of limited usefulness and does not imply what many people think it does.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws