advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Word of warning for those getting their tesosterone through mail order pharmacy in US

maldorf

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I get my TRT script testosterone through OptumRX, mail order pharm for United Health Care health insurance. This is in the US.

Today they had UPS try to deliver my meds and apparently now the FDA has made it so that they have to get an adult's signature when delivering the drug. Seems they are treating it now like it is an Opioid. Im wondering how long it will be before they just ban both all together.

Of course I wasn't here to answer the door so they didn't leave it and will have to come back tomorrow and try again. We all know how frustrating it can be to have a delivery like this because you don't know what time of day they will come. Basically have to be home 24 hours that day and ready to run to the door at a moments notice. Ive been getting my meds like this now for 10 years, ever since my heart attack and this is a brand new development. Just something new now to add to my frustration.

So now any brothers here like me that order lawfully through a mail order are going to have to go through this shit. I could go to a local pharmacy and pick it up but then they will only give me 30 days worth, mail order they do 90 days. The price locally is a lot higher too. I may just end up doing the local pharm thing after this annoyance.

Anybody else have this happen to them yet? Im pretty sure its a federal FDA thing, so if you haven't had it yet it is coming next order for you. I also noticed that it took them about 2-3x longer to process my script too. Usually a med is processed and out in the mail in 2 days or so, this crap took them like 7 business days to get in the mail and then I have to deal with this bullshit.

Oh, and now they are considering syringes over the counter and I have to pay for them. So apparently any Tom Dick or Harry can now walk into a pharmacy and buy syringes without a script. Probably a by product of the heroin epidemic. What the hell is this country coming to, lol!

Last edited:
Yep, big brother sticking their nose in everything to try and protect us from ourselves. ..lol

I get my TRT script testosterone through OptumRX, mail order pharm for United Health Care health insurance. This is in the US.

Today they had UPS try to deliver my meds and apparently now the FDA has made it so that they have to get an adult's signature when delivering the drug. Seems they are treating it now like it is an Opioid. Im wondering how long it will be before they just ban both all together.

Of course I wasn't here to answer the door so they didn't leave it and will have to come back tomorrow and try again. We all know how frustrating it can be to have a delivery like this because you don't know what time of day they will come. Basically have to be home 24 hours that day and ready to run to the door at a moments notice. Ive been getting my meds like this now for 10 years, ever since my heart attack and this is a brand new development. Just something new now to add to my frustration.

So now any brothers here like me that order lawfully through a mail order are going to have to go through this shit. I could go to a local pharmacy and pick it up but then they will only give me 30 days worth, mail order they do 90 days. The price locally is a lot higher too. I may just end up doing the local pharm thing after this annoyance.

Anybody else have this happen to them yet? Im pretty sure its a federal FDA thing, so if you haven't had it yet it is coming next order for you. I also noticed that it took them about 2-3x longer to process my script too. Usually a med is processed and out in the mail in 2 days or so, this crap took them like 7 business days to get in the mail and then I have to deal with this bullshit.

Oh, and now they are considering syringes over the counter and I have to pay for them. So apparently any Tom Dick or Harry can now walk into a pharmacy and buy syringes without a script. Probably a by product of the heroin epidemic. What the hell is this country coming to, lol!

If there is a UPS store near you, you can have it routed there for them to hold, and then pick it up from the store and sign for it at your convenience.

This is all part of the war on opioids, they are cracking down all scheduled drugs, dumb as hell but maybe it will lead to testosterone being removed from the scheduled drug list.

If there is a UPS store near you, you can have it routed there for them to hold, and then pick it up from the store and sign for it at your convenience.

I may have to look into that. I was wondering if they can do that. THe one I am aware of is a franchise, but that shouldn't be a problem?

This is all part of the war on opioids, they are cracking down all scheduled drugs, dumb as hell but maybe it will lead to testosterone being removed from the scheduled drug list.

Seems like things are only getting worse for testosterone. I hope you are right about that maybe.

I may have to look into that. I was wondering if they can do that. THe one I am aware of is a franchise, but that shouldn't be a problem?

as far as I know all those ups stores are franchised, but yeah you should be able to pick up there

Last edited:

Yep. I do it online with both ups and FedEx. Should be an option on the tracking page. May have to sign up (it's free) for UPS My Choice, which lets you reroute packages, etc. Once you do, it's very easy though. Just a couple of clicks.

Yep. I do it online with both ups and FedEx. Should be an option on the tracking page. May have to sign up (it's free) for UPS My Choice, which lets you reroute packages, etc. Once you do, it's very easy though. Just a couple of clicks.

Ok. I signed up today for that and can track it. They are supposed to deliver it tomorrow before 10:30 am, so I know when to look for it. Hopefully it wont be too bad to receive it. I liked it better when they would just drop it in my mailbox.:mad: I can understand them being like this with opioids, but with testosterone!?? Someone high up in the government has decided to really vilify testosterone. My name is now probably on some kind of national registry for people that receive testosterone. Like the amount I get is enough to be abused or enough for me to sell it on the street! lol 6 ccs for 3 months.

Last edited:

Walgreens wouldn’t do 90 days, but CVS would.

Even then, one pharmacist at CVS wouldn’t fill 90. A tech overheard the discussion and told me to come back tomorrow, because that one pharmacist is a witch that they all hate.

Go figure,.....

Ive been on trt for 11 years now. Its always been legal in my state to buy insulin pins(which is what heroin addicts use) its also legal to purchase non insulin syringes but it is at the pharmacys discretion. Which became a huge hassle and one if the reasons i started injectioning subq. Ive never understood why they would sell syringes that were used for heroin. But not sell the ones that werent??

Ok. I signed up today for that and can track it. They are supposed to deliver it tomorrow before 10:30 am, so I know when to look for it. Hopefully it wont be too bad to receive it. I liked it better when they would just drop it in my mailbox.:mad: I can understand them being like this with opioids, but with testosterone!?? Someone high up in the government has decided to really vilify testosterone. My name is now probably on some kind of national registry for people that receive testosterone. Like the amount I get is enough to be abused or enough for me to sell it on the street! lol 6 ccs for 3 months.

If you signed up; just goto your account and you can sign a waiver of signature online for that item. I have done it before with OptumRx, although its been about 6 months and they are always changing things to make them harder.

What’s wrong with getting needles OTC? Junkie or not? What makes gear users so superior to them?

PS in 15 years I’ve never not been given syringes at the pharmacy no questions asked.

I have to take urine screens now bc I'm scripted adderall. I have been scripted ADD meds since I was a kid. I feel like I'm on supervised probation or something. Big govt is the worst.

My doc told me that some local pharmacies will only dispense 1 ml amps at or, whatever your weekly dosage is at a time. Insane.

If you signed up; just goto your account and you can sign a waiver of signature online for that item. I have done it before with OptumRx, although its been about 6 months and they are always changing things to make them harder.

The sheet he left on my door says I cant do that with the testosterone, wish I could. Its the law now I guess.

Ive been on trt for 11 years now. Its always been legal in my state to buy insulin pins(which is what heroin addicts use) its also legal to purchase non insulin syringes but it is at the pharmacys discretion. Which became a huge hassle and one if the reasons i started injectioning subq. Ive never understood why they would sell syringes that were used for heroin. But not sell the ones that werent??

Something must have changed here because once I hit my out of pocket max for insurance the pins used to be free for me. I had to pay now, the report said the syringes are considered OTC. Before they must not have been. Insurance companies always looking for ways to not pay for bills.

I remember long time ago back around 98 or so I had a buddy go in to 4 different pharms in our town and none of them would sell him syringes. After that we just gave up.

Seems like things are only getting worse for testosterone. I hope you are right about that maybe.

It started getting demonized years ago. Recently the women have had the rules changed for getting their estrogen(birth control). Where they can get a years script with no blood work with one visit to the Dr. I write to my congressmen on occasion about this. It may not do any good. But I have to think if enough men write them they may change the rules if they think there is enough back lash to where it may affect them getting re-elected.Women pushed to get thier way it may work for men too.

Something must have changed here because once I hit my out of pocket max for insurance the pins used to be free for me. I had to pay now, the report said the syringes are considered OTC. Before they must not have been. Insurance companies always looking for ways to not pay for bills.

I remember long time ago back around 98 or so I had a buddy go in to 4 different pharms in our town and none of them would sell him syringes. After that we just gave up.

Ya when i first started trt my dr would only let me have 5 syringes for a 10ml multi dose bottle. I didnt want to inject every 2 weeks. I finally got so tired of trying to find them 10 years ago i just started buying them at feed stores. They were syringes for animals but they worked just fine. Now i know where to go and dont have any issues.

my insurance does not cover my HRT but with a goodrx coupon I get my cypionate from Walmart for $31 for 4 1ml vials per month (200mg per week). how much cheaper do you need to be, plus they give me free syringes. no hassles at all.

my insurance does not cover my HRT but with a goodrx coupon I get my cypionate from Walmart for $31 for 4 1ml vials per month (200mg per week). how much cheaper do you need to be, plus they give me free syringes. no hassles at all.

That is a good price. Cheaper than I get it through my insurance. Today my testosterone came. I talked with the driver and apparently if I give permission he can indeed leave it at the door. Yesterday when he left his notice he had checked off the box that said signature required. I guess he checked off the wrong thing.

I am starting to think that maybe the law did not change and that Optumrx simple chose to use UPS this time rather than USPS because it took so long for them to process. They sent it to me over night. That has never happened before. I got the idea that the law had changed because he checked off the wrong box and I called Optum Rx and the girl there talked like the law required it. I guess she was wrong too maybe. Who knows.

Anyhow, the UPS driver has been doing this route for years and knows me. He said from now on he will just leave it at my door and I don't have to sign for it. I told him what it was.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
BL
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity