over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

IBD/UC help

jlm25

Registered
Hey,

I have had UC for about 3 years now. I haven't had too many issues except for the last year. The doc prescribed me asocal for it which didn't do much. The side effects of it have been pretty frustrating. I never paid attention to the dangers of uc down the road. Now that I have kids on the way...definitely worrying about my health.

I am looking for a more homeopathic route to go. Currently, I use immodium pills to slow down the diarrhea. I know this doesn't help my issue at all, but I need some sort of relief.

I've switched up my foods to the following;

carbs;
potatoes
white rice
rice cakes
strawberries
white bread
gatorade a few times a week

protein;
eggs
chicken
steak

fats;
plain almonds
avocado
evoo
just bought natural pb to try.

I use to do body building but gave it up. I'm trying to become healthier. I want to start hiking and living a more open life. A bit hard when I'm shitting my brains out majority of the day. Most doctors just push their drugs on you. I know majority of people here tend to have more of an open mind and are quite educated on these issues.

thank you!

I would recommend you ask your doctor about a biologic like Humira. You need something that eliminates the inflammatory response that is destroying your colon. Asacol alone doesn’t sound effective in your case. Beyond being on a biologic, find a diet you can tolerate that does not cause flare ups. Continued use of immodium is not without risk. You could develop toxic megacolon if you continue down that path. If your GI doc is not an expert at treating UC with biologics, then find another one. Best of luck, bro!

The issue is I don’t want to be on pharmaceutical drugs the rest of my
Life. The side effects from humira don’t sound all that enjoyable. Although, compared to what I’m going through now it sounds better lol.i appreciate the input!

Bpc 157 has been shown to be very beneficial at healing the gut for people suffering from UC. Glutamine and turmeric are very helpful as well. And quite frankly....you don't really have a choice whether you want to be on pharmaceuticals or not. It is a necessity for most people with UC. Diet and supps help....but rarely effectively control it.

Bpc 157 has been shown to be very beneficial at healing the gut for people suffering from UC. Glutamine and turmeric are very helpful as well. And quite frankly....you don't really have a choice whether you want to be on pharmaceuticals or not. It is a necessity for most people with UC. Diet and supps help....but rarely effectively control it.

I was afraid of that :( thanks for the response!!

I've had UC for 24yrs I was on Asacol for 21yrs which worked great, 3yrs ago insurance switched me to Apriso which is still similar to Asacol and is working great also.

I honestly feel when I got put on HRT I felt better and had less flareups.

I was diagnosed with UC at 15 yrs old

Last edited:

I second this. Ive been reading about bpc 157 a decent amount lately. My girlfriend has crohns and uc. I want to get her on it. I recommend you trying it.

Last edited:
Are you actively keeping a food log? Narrow down what foods aggravate your symptoms and eliminate them.

When I competed I had intermittent IBS. It would always occur post competition, horrible diarrhea, and stomach cramping. It took me a few weeks to figure out that it was chicken breast and egg whites that would trigger the symptoms. Once I eliminated them from my diet everything cleared up. Started eating fermented foods: kombucha & greek yogurt to restore my gut flora.

I just got diagnosed with UC and put it into remission pretty quickly a couple months after I was hospitalized.

Not sure what all you have tried but as far as meds, the only thing I'm on is meslamine. Other than that I did a big gut health protocol for probably 6 weeks where I used saccromyces bouldari as the first treatment with large and diverse amounts of probiotics/fermented foods/prebiotics during and after.

Also narrowing down any foods that bother me and cutting them out along with sticking to only foods that I digest well.

I second this. Ive been reading about bpc 157 a decent amount lately. My girlfriend has crohns and uc. I want to get her on it. I recommend you trying it.

You recommend I try it? I already have. I don't have UC...I have severe ibs-d and a host of other issues. BPC 157 definitely helps at least for me

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131