over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Rice krispies

Yup...Love it... I have it with Fruity Cereal Muscleegg Post w/o sometimes... BOOOM instant fruity pebbles ..... no digestive issues whatsoever

I'm seeing alot of guys eating these post workout, even in prep. Any input? Bloating? I appreciate the feedback

I have been eating them for awhile post, they are very easy to digest, I usually have from 1.5.cups-2cups throw in 2 scoops of powder, pour on cold water and eat, then im ready to eat again in about an hour, actually yesterday mixed in some fruit loops:D

I love cereal post workout. If it sits well with you, and you stay within your macronutrient intake, then have at it. Just don't become one of those "IIFYM, micronutrients don't matter" bros. Yes, flexible dieting works, but let's not be a complete asshat about it and consume nothing but whey protein and jelly beans.

I'm a big fan of rice krispies cereal, rice krispy treats, and cream of rice pre/post workout.

The last year or two I moved away from oats and found these digest much better. During growth phases when carbs are 500g+ these definitely are helpful. I don't have any issues with bloating and they are delicious. When calories are higher being able to look forward to meals will definitely aid digestion.

I love cereal post workout. If it sits well with you, and you stay within your macronutrient intake, then have at it. Just don't become one of those "IIFYM, micronutrients don't matter" bros. Yes, flexible dieting works, but let's not be a complete asshat about it and consume nothing but whey protein and jelly beans.

the definition of iifym is "eat whey protein and jelly beans?"
good to know. :banghead:

They are a good alternative to carbohydrate drinks for post workout.

Before training I would like to have simple oatmeal.

Post? I must been doing it wrong.. I eat them just they’re damn good [emoji7]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It doesn’t get much better than a fresh pan of rice krispy treats.

I love Rice Krispies! 2 cups cereal + 1 scoop vanilla iso-whey mixed in a cup of liquid egg whites post workout for me. I digest this fairly quickly though. Good stuff!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This isn't an attack on anybody in this thread, just my thoughts on the subject:

This kind of mentality is what's invaded bodybuilding as fitness in general has become more mainstream - the YouTube generation, the Rich Piana masses, those who treat the gym as a see and be seen place, etc.

The 2 most popular hardcore bodybuilding gyms in my city have racks full of candy bars for sale - Reese's, Snickers, whatever you want - right next to protein powders, bars, etc.

Did any respectable gym in the world where NPC competitors and IFBB pros trained have that 20 years ago?

Inflammation is the true silent killer. The traditional bodybuilding diet is already pro-inflammatory and adding shit like Rice Krispies Treats just make it that much worse.

Bodybuilding has enough risk factors with high blood pressure, excessive gear usage, etc., so bodybuilders should be doing everything they can to control things that aren't absolutely necessary to the sport - like unnecessary sugar consumption postworkout.

This isn't an attack on anybody in this thread, just my thoughts on the subject:

This kind of mentality is what's invaded bodybuilding as fitness in general has become more mainstream - the YouTube generation, the Rich Piana masses, those who treat the gym as a see and be seen place, etc.

The 2 most popular hardcore bodybuilding gyms in my city have racks full of candy bars for sale - Reese's, Snickers, whatever you want - right next to protein powders, bars, etc.

Did any respectable gym in the world where NPC competitors and IFBB pros trained have that 20 years ago?

Inflammation is the true silent killer. The traditional bodybuilding diet is already pro-inflammatory and adding shit like Rice Krispies Treats just make it that much worse.

Bodybuilding has enough risk factors with high blood pressure, excessive gear usage, etc., so bodybuilders should be doing everything they can to control things that aren't absolutely necessary to the sport - like unnecessary sugar consumption postworkout.

Have you ever looked at the nutrition facts on rice krispies? Hardly any sugar in them

Plain Rice Crispies are basically just white rice in a very easily digestible form.

Like some others have said, there is very little sugar in them. I could be wrong, but I don't think they add any sugar to them during the manufacturing process.

The traditional bodybuilding diet is already pro-inflammatory and adding shit like Rice Krispies Treats just make it that much worse.

Dude 1 guy mentioned Rice Krispies treats..

Dude 1 guy mentioned Rice Krispies treats..

Yea and that's certainly not the majority of my carb intake. When carbs are high I'll add a couple pre-workout for ~35g carbs, but I mostly avoid adding highly processed sugar.

the definition of iifym is "eat whey protein and jelly beans?"
good to know. :banghead:
I'm just saying some of these guys abuse it. It was created with a rule of thumb: 80% of food comes from non-processed "bro" foods while 20% can come from basically anything you want, as long as it fits your macros. I'm certainly not against it. I use it myself.

You still wearing leggings with no undies/shorts to extreme iron? Haven’t seen you in a while 😬

It’s fucking rice. Chex cereal, cream of rice. All the same bullshit.

You still wearing leggings with no undies/shorts to extreme iron? Haven’t seen you in a while 😬

It’s fucking rice. Chex cereal, cream of rice. All the same bullshit.

Agreed. Then you take some unflavored whey, mix it in water, and pour it over the top. Delicious easy to digest carbs....and a bunch of protein

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws