over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

IgG food allergy test

suppdude

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Anyone got one done? Thinking of getting a kit sent to me then going to get bloods. 184 comprehensive food panel IgG, IgA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's useless

Unfortunately, no single test exists that can give you this answer. A test that claims to be able to diagnose food sensitivities and is commonly available is the food IgG test. This test, offered by various companies, reports IgG levels to multiple foods (usually 90 to 100 foods with a single panel test) claiming that removal of foods with high IgG levels can lead to improvement in multiple symptoms. Some websites even report that diets utilizing this test can help with symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome, autism, cystic fibrosis, rheumatoid arthritis and epilepsy.

It is important to understand that this test has never been scientifically proven to be able to accomplish what it reports to do. The scientific studies that are provided to support the use of this test are often out of date, in non-reputable journals and many have not even used the IgG test in question. The presence of IgG is likely a normal response of the immune system to exposure to food. In fact, higher levels of IgG4 to foods may simply be associated with tolerance to those foods.

Due to the lack of evidence to support its use, many organizations, including the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology, the Canadian Society of Allergy and Clinical Immunology and the European Academy of Allergy and Clinical Immunology have recommended against using IgG testing to diagnose food allergies or food intolerances / sensitivities.
https://www.aaaai.org/conditions-and-treatments/library/allergy-library/IgG-food-test

Testing for blood IgG4 against different foods is performed with large-scale screening for hundreds of food items by enzyme—linked immunosorbent assay-type and radioallergosorbent-type assays in young children, adolescents and adults. However, many serum samples show positive IgG4 results without corresponding clinical symptoms. These findings, combined with the lack of convincing evidence for histamine-releasing properties of IgG4 in humans, and lack of any controlled studies on the diagnostic value of IgG4 testing in food allergy, do not provide any basis for the hypothesis that food-specific IgG4 should be attributed with an effector role in food hypersensitivity.

In contrast to the disputed beliefs, IgG4 against foods indicates that the organism has been repeatedly exposed to food components, recognized as foreign proteins by the immune system. Its presence should not be considered as a factor which induces hypersensitivity, but rather as an indicator for immunological tolerance, linked to the activity of regulatory T cells. In conclusion, food-specific IgG4 does not indicate (imminent) food allergy or intolerance, but rather a physiological response of the immune system after exposition to food components. Therefore, testing of IgG4 to foods is considered as irrelevant for the laboratory work-up of food allergy or intolerance and should not be performed in case of food-related complaints.
https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/igg-food-intolerance-tests-what-does-the-science-say/

So where does immunoglobulin G (IgG) come in? IgG molecules mediate interactions of cells with different cellular and humoral mechanisms. IgG antibodies signify exposure to products—not allergy. IgG may actually be a marker for food tolerance, not intolerance, some research suggests:

- Children with eczema and egg or milk allergies with higher levels of IgG to milk/egg were more likely to be tolerant of these foods at a later age.

- Resolution of cow’s milk allergy is associated with increasing IgG

- A study found increasing IgG in patients who underwent oral immunotherapy for milk or peanut allergy

That research is continuing. But given the lack of correlation between the presence of IgG and physical manifestations of illness, IgG testing is considered unproven as a diagnostic agent as the results lack clinical utility as a tool for dietary modification or food elimination.
https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/igg-food-intolerance-tests-what-does-the-science-say/

I actually found a lot of this same stuff as I have been trying to figure out my digestion issues. I was about to get another test food sensitivity test that was not igg but just decided not to. They all seem like they were a waste of money.

Do you have knowledge on this subject and know ones that are actually trusted? Or just were providing those to help out.

There is no quick and easy way to test for food intolerance or allergies. Only reliable options are an elimination diet with a thorough food diary or (double-blind placebo-controlled) food challenges. Both are hard to execute as a layperson and should therefore be supervised by a doctor.

There is no quick and easy way to test for food intolerance or allergies. Only reliable options are an elimination diet with a thorough food diary or (double-blind placebo-controlled) food challenges. Both are hard to execute as a layperson and should therefore be supervised by a doctor.

Yeah man I certainly have seen that to be true. Been attempting something like that myself trying to eliminate foods when I see issues caused by them. Makes it easier in this lifestyle when always eating the same exact tuff each day on a plan, but even then it’s been hard. Ive stares taking a probiotic and using digestive enzymes as was as serrapeptase trying to get my small intestines in good shape.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
BL
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131