over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Steak/high fat based diet and Iron levels

bahtforyou

Newbies
When I take trt doses and 6 clean meals per day , which 3 out of 6 consist of chicken and rice, my hemoglobin levels go up very high. As a result I have to donate every 3 months on the dot.

I am looking at a diet now that is based on 3 meals steak, and higher fat with the other 3 meals. I will also be adding other compounds besides trt doses

Will this negatively impact my hemoglobin levels even worse?

What’s a TRT dose and how much higher are you going?
How high is high hematocrit?

If hematocrit is high on your current dose, then yes adding more will raise it.

Try donating every other month.

I don’t think you will see a significant increase from redmeat. 90% of it is the TRT but what are your levels?

I don’t think you will see a significant increase from redmeat. 90% of it is the TRT but what are your levels?

Yeah, I had lots of trouble at first when going on TRT with my doctor and was having to do mine once a month for like the first 3 years. It really sucked. I asked my hematologist and he told me not to worry about the red meat.

One thing that he caught and helped me change made a big difference though. Stop taking a regular multivitamin. Take the one for seniors since it has no iron in it. Just doing that helped me out a lot. Now I only get a phlebotomy 2 or 3 times a year. Been about 3 x.

Yeah, I had lots of trouble at first when going on TRT with my doctor and was having to do mine once a month for like the first 3 years. It really sucked. I asked my hematologist and he told me not to worry about the red meat.

One thing that he caught and helped me change made a big difference though. Stop taking a regular multivitamin. Take the one for seniors since it has no iron in it. Just doing that helped me out a lot. Now I only get a phlebotomy 2 or 3 times a year. Been about 3 x.

Thank you everybody for the helpful responses!
The trt doses are test e @ 200mg / week max.

I am a big proponent of vitamins and herbs, and take around 20 different types daily (Multivitamin from Life Extension included) . Unfortunately in the country I am based I cannot donate every 8 weeks, and there is only one place to donate which is Red Cross. Otherwise I need to go to a hematologist if my levels get too high. As I age I noticed that I get more and more sensitive to high iron level symptoms (soaring high blood pressure too) !

Noted about not worry about the red meat. I was really adamant about eating steak for many meals and not chicken anymore . This is very encouraging to me Maldorf. Thank you

I am a big proponent of vitamins and herbs, and take around 20 different types daily (Multivitamin from Life Extension included) . Unfortunately in the country I am based I cannot donate every 8 weeks, and there is only one place to donate which is Red Cross. Otherwise I need to go to a hematologist if my levels get too high. As I age I noticed that I get more and more sensitive to high iron level symptoms (soaring high blood pressure too) !

Noted about not worry about the red meat. I was really adamant about eating steak for many meals and not chicken anymore . This is very encouraging to me Maldorf. Thank you

Every 8 weeks will deplete your ferritin which is far worse than having high Hemoglobin. What was your Hemoglobin/Hematocrit?

Every 8 weeks will deplete your ferritin which is far worse than having high Hemoglobin. What was your Hemoglobin/Hematocrit?
I cannot stress this enough. I feel complete and utter rubbish when my iron/ferritin is depleted. Anxiety at times, lethargy, tightness in chest, shortness of breath at times, increased resting heart rate, etc. Not something you want.

If hemoglobin is at the upper range but platelets are good and you stay hydrated, then I'd opt for that versus having no iron stores left.

200 mg/wk is about 2x the normal level for HRT. I take 100 mg/wk and my total test is usually around 850 or so. If you are having persistent trouble with it being high then I would lower it to at least 150 mg/wk and see how you feel. Aim for 100 mg eventually. I wouldn't drop it real fast. You will be surprised how good you feel on just 100 mg/wk.

Emeric on here does a protocol of 10 mg/day and achieves great results on that. You might try that. Look for his thread 10mg/day. Lots of guy on here are doing it and it keeps your hemoglobin down. Im a bit lazy and don't do it, ive been lucky enough that I only have to do the phlebotomies about 3x a year now.

I cannot stress this enough. I feel complete and utter rubbish when my iron/ferritin is depleted. Anxiety at times, lethargy, tightness in chest, shortness of breath at times, increased resting heart rate, etc. Not something you want.

If hemoglobin is at the upper range but platelets are good and you stay hydrated, then I'd opt for that versus having no iron stores left.
True, you don't want iron too low. Im at the low end of normal and feel just fine. Everyone is different though.

True, you don't want iron too low. Im at the low end of normal and feel just fine. Everyone is different though.
Low end of normal shouldn't be an issue for most, that's why I always stress the importance of looking into iron/ferritin if CBC is indicative of iron deficiency. I feel perfect at the low end of the range, too :)

year round my hematocrit stays between 43-53 average
hemoglobin stays between 14.8-19 averages

these are averages over a 4 year period or so according to blood tests.

between these times it never rose the test e to more than 500mg.

In my country that I reside I am only able to donate blood every 3 months. before the end of each 3 month period, I get soaring blood pressure, anxiety, faster heart beat etc etc..no bueno

if you're wondering they never give me any ferrous iron pack for me to get my iron levels back up

btw my ferritin levels have been great as well

500 weekly is nowhere near a TRT dose. That’s about five times a generally scripted TRT dose.

If you’re able to keep your crit under 53 on 500, you’re lucky.

year round my hematocrit stays between 43-53 average
hemoglobin stays between 14.8-19 averages

these are averages over a 4 year period or so according to blood tests.

between these times it never rose the test e to more than 500mg.

In my country that I reside I am only able to donate blood every 3 months. before the end of each 3 month period, I get soaring blood pressure, anxiety, faster heart beat etc etc..no bueno

if you're wondering they never give me any ferrous iron pack for me to get my iron levels back up

btw my ferritin levels have been great as well

That’s not even that high. Hematocrit isn’t even a concern until it starts hitting 57-58

55 is the Max some places will take blood without a script.

Yeah, to me that is where you need to be concerned. 55. That would be a hemoglobin of around 18 or so. My hematologist likes to keep mine at around 15 after my clot/heart attack. If I didn't have my history I wouldn't want mine any higher than 17 or so.

I love how everyone chimes in with, "____mgs is 1000x TRT dose! That's not TRT!"

Not everyone is the same. Hell, your 100mg of test you're using probably isn't 100mg half of the time. When I hear TRT, I'm just thinking of where my overall test (in my bloodwork) should be...which is 800-1000 for me. Whether it's 50mg weekly or 300mg, it doesn't freaking matter. Your bloodwork does.

Some guys NEED 350mgs to reach 900...whether thats because of shitty underground labs OR the fact that they've ruined their entire system from years of abuse.

I love how everyone chimes in with, "____mgs is 1000x TRT dose! That's not TRT!"

Not everyone is the same. Hell, your 100mg of test you're using probably isn't 100mg half of the time. When I hear TRT, I'm just thinking of where my overall test (in my bloodwork) should be...which is 800-1000 for me. Whether it's 50mg weekly or 300mg, it doesn't freaking matter. Your bloodwork does.

Some guys NEED 350mgs to reach 900...whether thats because of shitty underground labs OR the fact that they've ruined their entire system from years of abuse.

The only problem is, what percentage of guys out there do you think get their blood tested for this each time they start a cycle?

For someone to need 350mg/wk to hit 800s total test it would mean that their injectable was severely under dosed. Could happen, sure. For those of us though that get their legally through the doctor, 100 mg/wk puts us in the range of high 600s to 800s. Personally im in the 800s. I don't think it is physiologically possible for a man to need 350 mg/wk to reach 800s if it is a true 350 mg.

You’d be very hard pressed to find Anyone requiring 350 mg to get within the normal T range,....

TRT is just that, test Replacement, not anything nearing a cycle.

Last edited:
Yeah, to me that is where you need to be concerned. 55. That would be a hemoglobin of around 18 or so. My hematologist likes to keep mine at around 15 after my clot/heart attack. If I didn't have my history I wouldn't want mine any higher than 17 or so.

Thanks gents. My Red Cross in the country I reside will not let me donate above 18 so it is imperative that it stays below that. The hemoglobin is what I'm cross-referencing to a high fat / complete steak diet. Is it do-able with my doses/past history with troubles regards to trt - high hemoglobin?

Would any iron blockers(green tea/turmeric/milk thistle) so to speak work in my favor in keeping my hemoglobin down?

I take Arjuna Root everyday practically now as that is supposed to help hemoglobin levels stay down. Someone on this forum recommended that....Correct me if I'm wrong on anything

cheers

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity