over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Scott Stevenson's Be Your Own Bodybuilding Coach

TheOtherOne55

Verified Sponsor
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Sponsors
If anyone hasn't already, pick up Scott's new book (ebook or hardcover version).
I'm about 1/3 of the way through right now and honestly, it's the most in-depth BBing book I've ever come across. Ridiculous detail (what he's known for haha) on everything from off-season strategy's to something and minute as antioxidants. It's great.

I don't want to steal words from the Doc, but everyone and their mother uses a coach for prep...and even now more and more for offseason too. I totally understand this as I used one for my prep 3 months ago. It takes the "thinking" out of it and gives you another set of eyes to make adjustments and not over-think things. But just like it takes a coach a while to figure out your body, your metabolism, all that good stuff....it takes YOU the same amount of time. Basically, the book is just priming you to handle shit yourself and learn, learn, learn. I was going to keep my coach this offseason but let him know post-contest that I really wanted to take the driver's seat and figure it out myself (play the long game).

But this book is badass. I bought the ebook but will probably by a hard cover version as well. Anyone else grab a copy yet?

I bought it a few weeks ago. So far I've only skimmed a few sections but I'm sure it will be full of great info once I can dive in.

If anyone hasn't already, pick up Scott's new book (ebook or hardcover version).
I'm about 1/3 of the way through right now and honestly, it's the most in-depth BBing book I've ever come across. Ridiculous detail (what he's known for haha) on everything from off-season strategy's to something and minute as antioxidants. It's great.

I don't want to steal words from the Doc, but everyone and their mother uses a coach for prep...and even now more and more for offseason too. I totally understand this as I used one for my prep 3 months ago. It takes the "thinking" out of it and gives you another set of eyes to make adjustments and not over-think things. But just like it takes a coach a while to figure out your body, your metabolism, all that good stuff....it takes YOU the same amount of time. Basically, the book is just priming you to handle shit yourself and learn, learn, learn. I was going to keep my coach this offseason but let him know post-contest that I really wanted to take the driver's seat and figure it out myself (play the long game).

But this book is badass. I bought the ebook but will probably by a hard cover version as well. Anyone else grab a copy yet?

Is it easy to read and understand or is there a lot of technical wording?

Scott is a genius. I'm sure the book is worth every penny.

So I LOVE his fortitude training book, I was thinking the other day of getting this new book - but I held off since I don’t compete anymore and don’t have plans to anytime in the near future, and from the description it looked like it was for setting up your year in terms of prep for a contest, post contest and off-season?

But I was thinking of perhaps getting the book and using it like this: just pick a particular date and make it a “contest” date and then following the book/program through the year, doing prep before that date and then following what he has laid out for the year post contest and off season?

For those who have the book, does this seem do-able or is it just weird/crazy?

Or is the info alone just worth getting even if not competing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, $100 for the book!:eek:

Cheaper than the 3K Ameen wants to be insanely conditioned like him,....

So I LOVE his fortitude training book, I was thinking the other day of getting this new book - but I held off since I don’t compete anymore and don’t have plans to anytime in the near future, and from the description it looked like it was for setting up your year in terms of prep for a contest, post contest and off-season?

But I was thinking of perhaps getting the book and using it like this: just pick a particular date and make it a “contest” date and then following the book/program through the year, doing prep before that date and then following what he has laid out for the year post contest and off season?

That works!

I’m definitely getting a hard copy. He was saying he was going to be selling them at the Olympia next week

It's cheap imo.

People will spend that on a few vials of gear, but a lifetime of experience and knowledge for that is cheap.

I remember buying the FT book for $20, reading through it over a few days and thinking, Jesus this is a stupid amount of information for $20.

Scott probably isn't targeting the run of the mill fitness person nowadays who wants to be told exactly what to do. He's looking for the lifelong student who likes having his/her own hands on the wheel.

Just my 2 cents

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Or pay 300+ a month for someone else to guide you. Not saying paying someone isn’t a good idea but when you really think about it, $100 is nothing if you’re in this game for the long haul

Or pay 300+ a month for someone else to guide you. Not saying paying someone isn’t a good idea but when you really think about it, $100 is nothing if you’re in this game for the long haul

And the e-book is only $60. I believe he said he went with the premium binding and other materials for the hard copy, figuring people that like or want a hard copy will probably drag it back and forth from the gym so it needed to hold up to wear and tear....

Totally doable. I did that for years...I was much more stupid and made insane mistakes but for 5-6 years I just put a date down and worked toward that end goal. During these times I didn't do insane growth phases and I just wanted to look kinda big and lean. But worked well.

And I myself LOVE Fortitude. I've probably read it 50 times. Running it right now...in a 2 week Intensive Cruise and I'm chomping at the bitttt to get back to training hard and heavy.

I feel like most BBing personalities, and mostly everyone in this forum, are over-thinkers. We want to find the best, the optimal, newest thing. Why? Because we want progress and BBing is a marathon. And it can be a long boring one. That's why so many of us, myself included, are looking for THE BEST PROGRAM. Or the new exotic drug.
I have always found myself looking for "a better way to grow" or "a better program that get me from point A to point B faster." But in reality, that doesn't exist. The best BBers are the ones who are ridiculously consistent day in and day out...fucking Groundhog's Day style. So this offseason I have kinda told myself to buckle down and dedicate yourself to this program.

ALSO, in my opinion, Fortitude and DC as well are great programs when you just need to growww. I don't need just my arms to grow...or just a thicker back. I need to add 20lbs of stage weight. Progressive overload, multiple rep ranges, undulating periodization and eating. That's what will get me there.

Well worth the price IMO. It's 300+ pages of info. Other than Arnold's Encyclopedia of BBing and some "underground steroid books" there's nothing even close information wise out there.

It's cheap imo.

People will spend that on a few vials of gear, but a lifetime of experience and knowledge for that is cheap.

I remember buying the FT book for $20, reading through it over a few days and thinking, Jesus this is a stupid amount of information for $20.

Scott probably isn't targeting the run of the mill fitness person nowadays who wants to be told exactly what to do. He's looking for the lifelong student who likes having his/her own hands on the wheel.

Just my 2 cents

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

It's $60 on his website for the e-book. I agree it is worth it. Bought it right when it came out.

It’s a bargain! The amount of info is unreal. No one in the world could write something that even comes close to this imo

I purchased this book as well. Completely worth the investment. So much valuable info. I’m about 1/2 way through

I thought same thing when I saw price for stan efferding's vertical dirt, I think they know now a days with internet it's going to get shared for free so just try to get what they can out of it.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131