over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Phil Heath Declines RX Muscle Interview 2 Weeks Out From Olympia

danieltx

Kilo Klub Member
Verified Customer
He wanted the questions first, Palumbo sent them, and Heath decided they weren't relevant. He wanted to ask about his parents, growing up, etc. - basically not the same bodybuilding questions Heath's been asked over and over.

Regardless of your thoughts on Palumbo, thoughts on this situation given the perception people already have of Heath and the need to grow the sport?

Palumbo and Aceto discussing it starts at 24:43.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLA9nmTa-A8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLA9nmTa-A8[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
Idk i wouldn't wanna talk to anyone 2 weeks out from the biggest bodybuilding show in the world

The diet, the drugs, the sleep debt...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

So Heath could of said let’s wait until after the O. And then they could also of spoken about getting number 8 which of course he will..

Idk i wouldn't wanna talk to anyone 2 weeks out from the biggest bodybuilding show in the world

The diet, the drugs, the sleep debt...

Yes, I agree, but as the default ambassador for the sport more should be expected from you regardless of the time.

Another good question - why in the weeks leading up to the Olympia can all the female competitors, men's physique and classic physique competitors, and 212 competitors do interviews without a problem, but open competitors can't? Diet, drugs, and sleep debt isn't exclusive to the open class.

Yes, I agree, but as the default ambassador for the sport more should be expected from you regardless of the time.

Another good question - why in the weeks leading up to the Olympia can all the female competitors, men's physique and classic physique competitors, and 212 competitors do interviews without a problem, but open competitors can't? Diet, drugs, and sleep debt isn't exclusive to the open class.

maybe the open guys have contracts that don't allow them to do interviews with certain people.

Palumbo is something of a pariah in some circles of the bodybuilding world.

Or maybe he has his own channel now for coverage and will update people about his prep as long as you pay a monthly subscription [emoji6]

You know people say that as an ambassador for the sport you're expected to do: this, this and this

I personally think when you're prepping for the Mr. O, you aren't obligated to do shit other than focus on winning the sandow.

How you conduct yourself in the off season and the interviews you do? Sure, that's the time to be a good representative of this sport.

It's like saying Michael Jordan needs to conduct himself like a true ambassador during a game, smile at the fans, fist bump players...Michael Jordan needs to only focus on scoring and destroying people on a basketball court. He can be Mr. Rogers after the game.

And I'm saying all of this as not a huge fan of Phil Heath the person; he hasn't conducted himself properly after many of his wins.

Ronnie, Jay and Dorian were far better (albeit Dorian didn't want to talk to anyone ever lol)

maybe the open guys have contracts that don't allow them to do interviews with certain people.

Palumbo is something of a pariah in some circles of the bodybuilding world.
Not too many have contracts these days.

Supplements sure but it was the magazines who were not letting their athletes do interviews with others.

Phil is no longer with Flex.

Could be contractual... Could also be that phil wasn't excited about the questions.. But honestly this kinda stuff makes me laugh a bit.. Bidybuilding ISNT hard guys.. We lift weights.. Yes we train hard but I've never trained so hard that I couldn't answer questions.. Or give a interview.. Yes we diet.. But only WE Think dieting with 3500 calories is hard lol.. Yes we take compounds.. But again none of this is so hard and draining that you can't do a little P.R. interview.. Phil gets to rest Al, day.. Then train.. Maybe do a bit of cardio .. Then rest even more.. Again it's usually just us that thinks this is " hard"..

There are numerous guys competing who work a 8 hour shift at a job that can be physically and mentally demanding.. They eat their meals when they can.. They then train hard.. Probably harder than phil... And woukd give their right nut to be interviewed about the sport they love...

So I hope it was a contractual thing.. Because just about anyone else would love to have the publicity..

It's not contractual, the reason it almost took place is because Phil is just off his contract, I'm sure they could have done it after the Olympia as well, Phil just didn't like the personal nature of the questions, lame imo, Dave always asks good interview questions.

How is he not under a Weider contract?

Weider in the broad sense of the term, as in whoever is carrying the Weider / Olympia name now,....

How is he not under a Weider contract?

Weider in the broad sense of the term, as in whoever is carrying the Weider / Olympia name now,....

The Weider stuff was through American Media Inc. (owned Flex Magazine, the Olympia contest at one point). I believe most of the athlete contracts were done when they folded Flex Magazine into Muscle & Fitness.

The problem with this kind of press is that you get one, very small, perspective on it. There could be a million things going on with the guy that made it not the right time.

It’s been a long time since I flipped through a muscle mag. As a kid I couldn’t wait for MD and MMI each month.

That was Long before the internet,....lol

Neil hill was allowed to do an interview and he’s under contract. I think it’s AMI? They said go ahead and do it.

I think flex says he will do interviews after the O Also.

"sport?"
its not a sport. its a beauty pageant without the need for talent. or personality.

"sport?"

its not a sport. its a beauty pageant without the need for talent. or personality.

So so wrong it’s impressive lolol

sport
spɔːt/Submit
noun
an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment.
"team sports such as soccer and rugby"
synonyms:(competitive) game(s), physical recreation, physical activity, physical exercise; pastime
"he takes part in a variety of sports"

Sounds like bodybuilding to me. That’s the official definition of a sport.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think it wise to hand Dave Palumbo any leverage. I don't think he is trust worthy. I think Phil was smart to ask for the agenda beforehand. Phil is in a state of deficit and probably high androgens including some that add volatility. Dave is a provocateur and has questionable ethics as far as I can tell. I could be wrong but I would be very Leary. I don't really care for some of Phil's antics. In fact Dave would almost certainly pray on some of those antics to push for drama and reaction. That's how I see the situation.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael_
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws