over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Lab Results Today- thoughts?

Backfrominjury

Registered
I thought I'd share the abnormal findings from my lab results. I am not educated in what the numbers mean, so I ask a lot of questions of my dr. I've seen so many on here go into great detail of results (sometimes so much so that its confusing) so I thought I'd share and see if someone sees something that really stands out. Things may look different to the bodybuilding community than to a dr treating a "normal" patient. I won't share the normal findings for the sake of time.

White Blood Cell count 15.7
Red Blood cell count 5.88
Hemoglobin 17.4
Hematocrit 50.5
MPV 12.6
Absolute Neutrophils 11775
Absolute reactive 471
absolute monocytes 1256
absolute eosinophils 0
total cholesterol 206
HDL 24
LDL 160
CHOL/HDLC ratio 8.6
non HDL chol 182
creatinine 1.55
eGFR 54
Total protein 6
albumin 3.4
AST 46
ALT 66

I thought I'd share the abnormal findings from my lab results. I am not educated in what the numbers mean, so I ask a lot of questions of my dr. I've seen so many on here go into great detail of results (sometimes so much so that its confusing) so I thought I'd share and see if someone sees something that really stands out. Things may look different to the bodybuilding community than to a dr treating a "normal" patient. I won't share the normal findings for the sake of time.

White Blood Cell count 15.7
Red Blood cell count 5.88
Hemoglobin 17.4
Hematocrit 50.5
MPV 12.6
Absolute Neutrophils 11775
Absolute reactive 471
absolute monocytes 1256
absolute eosinophils 0
total cholesterol 206
HDL 24
LDL 160
CHOL/HDLC ratio 8.6
non HDL chol 182
creatinine 1.55
eGFR 54
Total protein 6
albumin 3.4
AST 46
ALT 66

The biggest thing that stands out is your WBC is up. Keep an eye out for fevers

How close to your labs did you last train?

The creatinine value may be of concern. In order to properly interpret it, we need the following information:

Do you take supplemental creatine? How many pounds of meat do you eat per day, on average? What's your height, body weight, and body fat? Have you measured your blood pressure on/off cycle

The creatinine value may be of concern. In order to properly interpret it, we need the following information:

Do you take supplemental creatine? How many pounds of meat do you eat per day, on average? What's your height, body weight, and body fat? Have you measured your blood pressure on/off cycle

This was my dr's biggest concern as well. After talking to her, she said its because I don't drink nearly enough water. She recommended I drink at least 100 ounces of water a day. I only drink about 50 ounces of pure water a day, sometimes less.

To answer your question: I do not take creatine. Haven't in 12 years.
I eat 6 oz filet and 18 oz chicken a day. TBH, my protein consumption is much less than what its been in the past and what it should be now to grow. I haven't even been drinking any whey protein.
5'8, 220#, BF 15%
Blood pressure has been high most of my adult life whether on cycle or not. Higher when on deca or tren.

WBC of over 15 isn’t from not drinking enough water I could see that argument for you kidney function. May be as simple as a common cold virus that shows no symptoms but u would watch that. Consistent High WBC could be sooooooo many thing bad. Watch it

Your egfr is low. What was BUN?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would be a good idea to talk to your doc about liprinosil for BP. Good drug. No/few side effects and very effective. It will protect your kidneys and heart. DEcent drug for AAS users. Just be sure to get it diealed in. You don't want to over do it. Get a BP meter and dial it in.

Would be a good idea to talk to your doc about liprinosil for BP. Good drug. No/few side effects and very effective. It will protect your kidneys and heart. DEcent drug for AAS users. Just be sure to get it diealed in. You don't want to over do it. Get a BP meter and dial it in.

Thanks. Every time I go to a dr they say my BP is something like 170/112 or so and they ask me if I'm on BP meds. I say no no one has prescribed them, but I need them and yet no one has. I researched some and the ones I researched caused ED and scared me away.

How in the world are you only drinking 50oz of water a day or less? I’m borderline dehydrated if I get less than a gallon. A few days at 50oz and I wouldn’t be able to function.

Definitely up that to a gallon of liquids (coffee, tea, water) and add in some NAC for liver/immune support

This was my dr's biggest concern as well. After talking to her, she said its because I don't drink nearly enough water. She recommended I drink at least 100 ounces of water a day. I only drink about 50 ounces of pure water a day, sometimes less.

To answer your question: I do not take creatine. Haven't in 12 years.
I eat 6 oz filet and 18 oz chicken a day. TBH, my protein consumption is much less than what its been in the past and what it should be now to grow. I haven't even been drinking any whey protein.
5'8, 220#, BF 15%
Blood pressure has been high most of my adult life whether on cycle or not. Higher when on deca or tren.
In that case, the high creatinine value cannot fully be explained by the amount of lean mass you have and your dietary creatine consumption. The untreated hypertension over long periods of time further suggests that your kidney function is compromised.

My suggestion would be to
1) drop the AAS immediately, except for a replacement dose of testosterone (100-150mg per week)
2) get prescribed BP meds ASAP, Lisinopril is indeed a good choice
3) take 2x 500mg NAC per day
4) Eat healthy and lower your body fat
5) take another blood test in 2 months and if kidney function has normalized, you can start cycling again.

How in the world are you only drinking 50oz of water a day or less? I’m borderline dehydrated if I get less than a gallon. A few days at 50oz and I wouldn’t be able to function.

Definitely up that to a gallon of liquids (coffee, tea, water) and add in some NAC for liver/immune support

That's 50 ounces of just plain water. I also drink tea, lemonade, sugar free flavor packets in water...

In addition to what's already been said, your lipids don't look good at all. I would work on getting them corrected. Plenty of info on the board already on how to do that.

In that case, the high creatinine value cannot fully be explained by the amount of lean mass you have and your dietary creatine consumption. The untreated hypertension over long periods of time further suggests that your kidney function is compromised.

1) drop the AAS immediately, except for a replacement dose of testosterone (100-150mg per week)
5) take another blood test in 2 months and if kidney function has normalized, you can start cycling again.

In addition to this, I would suggest Astragalus root. That jacked up my GFR when it was already good and is apparently helping a lot of bodybuilders with kidney trouble.

Thanks guys for the replies and the information. I'll post an update in 2 months and see how things have changed.

What was the purpose of the test in the first place? You didn't get any hormone or thyroid labs... The labs that you did get show elevated AST/ALT which is your liver and hematocrit is creeping up there.

Good plan. The only thing I would change is number 5. As far as cycling again, he is going to need to change what he is doing otherwise he will end up back in the same condition sometime in the future. He is doing something wrong that needs to be changed.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws