over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Former UFC Champ Werdum Tests Positive for Tren

danieltx

Kilo Klub Member
Verified Customer
https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/9/11/17847972/fabricio-werdum-suspended-two-years-by-usada-for-failed-drug-test

Fabricio Werdum’s career will be put on hold until at least 2020.

The former UFC heavyweight champion was formally given a two-year suspension from USADA on Tuesday as a result of a failed drug test earlier this year.

Werdum, 41, tested positive for the anabolic steroid trenbolone and its metabolite epitrenbolone in an out-of-competition urine screening conducted on April 25 in advance of his scheduled UFC Moscow fight against Aleksei Oleinik.

Werdum was subsequently removed from the fight following the failed test and replaced by Mark Hunt, who fights Oleinik at UFC Moscow this weekend.

Werdum (23-8-1) is widely considered to be one of the greatest heavyweights of his era. The Brazilian’s best chapter stretched from 2012 to 2015 when he racked up a 6-0 run and unified the UFC heavyweight title with a submission victory over Cain Velasquez. Werdum defeated Hunt, Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, Travis Browne, and Roy Nelson over that span. He also holds a notable 69-second upset over legendary Russian heavyweight Fedor Emelianenko from 2010.

According to USADA, Werdum’s two-year suspension started retroactively on May 22 — the date of his provisional suspension — meaning the earliest Werdum will be eligible to compete is on May 22, 2020. He will be 43 years old.

Interesting choice for a sport that requires so much endurance. Wonder how high his dose was.

Why in this sport are pursue the use of drugs? Fans are wanting natural combats?

They need to get rid of USADA IMO. People are going to juice anyways with stricter testing fewer people are able to juice leaving the few who are able to get by the drug testing with a even more unfair advantage.

They need to get rid of USADA IMO. People are going to juice anyways with stricter testing fewer people are able to juice leaving the few who are able to get by the drug testing with a even more unfair advantage.

I'm telling you, one day the testing will catch up to all the PED's in most sports and everyone will be natural. They seem too dedicated to eliminating all PED's. Only a matter of time before the Olympics are clean.

I'm telling you, one day the testing will catch up to all the PED's in most sports and everyone will be natural. They seem too dedicated to eliminating all PED's. Only a matter of time before the Olympics are clean.

performances will regress if that happens and that has never happened in the history of any sport except weightlifting and the answer to that was creating new weight classes. more importantly, that could affect revenue and i have a feeling the powers that be will not take that risk just as professional sports team owners in the US chose also not to take that risk. As a fan of MMA i find the sport very exciting now but at the same time really fucking hate how many bouts get scrapped or guys having to sit out for getting caught. If i was an owner i'd be beside myself with this USADA.

If you watch Icarus on Netflix; a brilliant doc on this topic, your opinion might change on this.

Tests getting swept under the rug, state sponsored doping programs, false samples, coaches and committee officials in on all of this...

Look at the Ben Johnson scandal, Carl Lewis was also doped to the gills but we wanted him as a poster boy, and so that was kept in the shadows.

They'll do these tests, and I'll even say with good intentions, but mediocrity never sells, so the important people will look the other way strategically, and we'll never find out and the whole charade will keep going.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

If you watch Icarus on Netflix; a brilliant doc on this topic, your opinion might change on this.

Tests getting swept under the rug, state sponsored doping programs, false samples, coaches and committee officials in on all of this...

Look at the Ben Johnson scandal, Carl Lewis was also doped to the gills but we wanted him as a poster boy, and so that was kept in the shadows.

They'll do these tests, and I'll even say with good intentions, but mediocrity never sells, so the important people will look the other way strategically, and we'll never find out and the whole charade will keep going.

Jon Jones must have really pissed somebody off then......

I think the mojaority of the guys getting caught are microdosing testosterone and their is traces of other steroids in it. For example Jon jones and turanibal etc. But I could be wrong, he could be just dumb.

That will never happen. The more they test, the more they will resort to sophisticated ways of cheating and getting around those tests.

That will never happen. The more they test, the more they will resort to sophisticated ways of cheating and getting around those tests.

Exactly, that’s why they should get rid of USADA. A friend of mine was in Miami and was talking to a doc that was seeing some NFL guys... well surprise surprise almost all of them are on steroids. Honestly I would prefer that PEDS would be allowed in sports, but obviously not gonna happen. Instead the UFC should go back to their old ways and do what the NFL does; which is minimal testing. This will allow fighters or athletes to use but limit use from potential dangerous levels, etc. This USADA thing is doing more damage than anything.

That was a solid documentary!

Exactly, that’s why they should get rid of USADA. A friend of mine was in Miami and was talking to a doc that was seeing some NFL guys... well surprise surprise almost all of them are on steroids. Honestly I would prefer that PEDS would be allowed in sports, but obviously not gonna happen. Instead the UFC should go back to their old ways and do what the NFL does; which is minimal testing. This will allow fighters or athletes to use but limit use from potential dangerous levels, etc. This USADA thing is doing more damage than anything.

always find it interesting that guys who are making millions of dollars a year (NFL players) are using doctors who will tell anyone who will listen about the NFL players they are doping

Just seems so strange to me.

Lmao that is what I was told! I personally never talked to the doctor... could be bullshit lol, but let’s be honest most of those guys are on peds. Not taking away anything from them though.

Saw Icarus as soon as it was released. As good as it was, the more awareness a documentary like that brings, the more they try to stop it IMO.

Hope you're right, but it seems like the drugs of choice used aren't as beneficial as what guys used to use. It seems AAS itself is minimalized due to fear of drug testing but the weaker stuff (like Meldonium or peptides or something like that) is being used more instead.

Jon Jones must have really pissed somebody off then......

Anderson Silva, Brock Lesnar, Alistair Overeem, Vitor Belfort, etc. The UFC isn't afraid to suspend major names. I think it's fair to say they're committed to public perception of a "clean" sport, which sucks for us.

They will never stop AAS etc in professional sports. Why? Because they don't really want to. I am a firm believer that 99% of all professional athletes these days cheat with some type of banned substances. Especially with sports like Football, etc.

If they truly, 100% wanted to create a system to entirely ensure it was gone from their sports, it would be implemented. Test every thirty days, year round! End of story! Professional sports is business and big business. As an athlete you are indirectly their product and "Employee" and they can contract in any form of testing they want. You can agree to participate, or not.

If the NFL came out and said we are doing year round testing every thirty days? HAHA, your 300 pound defensive linemen running 4.5 forties would be a thing of the past and so on. They all use product! Don't kid yourselves.

Last edited:
They will never stop AAS etc in professional sports. Why? Because they don't really want to. I am a firm believer that 99% of all professional athletes these days cheat with some type of banned substances. Especially with sports like Football, etc.

If they truly, 100% wanted to create a system to entirely ensure it was gone from their sports, it would be implemented. Test every thirty days, year round! End of story! Professional sports is business and big business. As an athlete you are indirectly their product and "Employee" and they can contract in any form of testing they want. You can agree to participate, or not.

If the NFL came out and said we are doing year round testing every thirty days? HAHA, your 300 pound defensive linemen running 4.5 forties would be a thing of the past and so on. They all use product! Don't kid yourselves.
They get caught because of random testing. If they tested every 30 days only the real idiots would get caught, since everyone would just be on test suspension for 3 1/2 weeks. Football is interesting, I had heard that stars are actually informed that they will be coming up for testing on such and such a date. Kinda strange then that Edleman and Ingram both recently popped.

Damage to what? Perhaps, humanity begins to orient to produce something useful instead of consuming Roman circus.

Unbalanced people generate an economic movement with their passion for sports, and to feed this imbalance in turn doing business that nothing contributes to anyone, athletes resort to doping.

We are in the option of either going to the root of the issue and starting to put things in the place they should be, and educate the masses to be lucid and not fanatical and manipulated spectators, or continue with the spiral of madness and imbalance.

I, personally, keep the first option. It is more intelligent and rational.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws