over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Torn labrum

petegriffin

Registered
So I tore my labrum a while back and it's a bitch trying to work out with it. I feel it now because I'm just running 200mg of test per week but while on anabolics the pain is masked, I feel it but am able to train. Anyone ever have this injury before? How long is recovery from surgery? I hate having to take time off from the gym but I guess its got to be done..

So I tore my labrum a while back and it's a bitch trying to work out with it. I feel it now because I'm just running 200mg of test per week but while on anabolics the pain is masked, I feel it but am able to train. Anyone ever have this injury before? How long is recovery from surgery? I hate having to take time off from the gym but I guess its got to be done..

Do you think your body functions normally with a torn tendon? Keep training like that and you ruin your physique. Go get surgery, recovery is 3-6 depending on the severity.

Using drugs to cover the pain just means it will wear out sooner. Probably should get it fixed. I had a tear that most likely helped lead to needing my shoulder being replaced. Had it fixed and the shoulder replacement was back in the gym working what I could in less then 2 weeks. As it helps aid in recovery and stimulates nerves so you get less atrophy.

That depends on what part of labrum is tore,the extent, does it extend into biceps anchor, cartilage involved. extends from where to where..

I know you are asking general question so to answer in general it could take a month or a year to recover depending on what needs to be done.

I used to repair shoulders now i just make the diagnosis. Post the mri results and i can give a more accurate diagnosis.

Hey brother......I had SLAP labrum tears in both shoulders. I had surgery on both shoulders and after they were repaired they had to go back in and do a Biceps tenodesis surgery on my left shoulder. So a total of 3 shoulder surgeries. I'm not going to lie it sucked big time....lol. I think I started lifting lightly 3-4 months after the surgeries. I had the sugeires between 2010-2012. I'm still not 100% but I've learned to work around them.....I had to find my new normal.....I still can't do things like bench press. But I have managed to build a pretty good physique working around them.....I'm getting ready to do my 5th show since the surgeries and I might not ever be as strong as I was but I'm definitely built better!

I had a torn labrum. Required surgery to fix. Took about 8 months to fully heal. That was 16 years ago. Been fine since. I have no complaints.

tore my labrum playing rugby. made the choice to get surgery as i was under 30 and did not feel like dealing with it for the rest of my life. i did surgery and was out for about six months. ended up a great deal stronger after surgery than before (when i was healthy) at one point. However, twelve years later it looks like i have retorn it or have torn a rotator cuff in the same shoulder. Probably will need another surgery on it again.

One thing i will say is that i lost some flexibility (in the overhead position) in that shoulder and it was evident by the time i was recovered from surgery. I had screws put in btw to hold it together. i do not regret getting the surgery.

Hey brother......I had SLAP labrum tears in both shoulders. I had surgery on both shoulders and after they were repaired they had to go back in and do a Biceps tenodesis surgery on my left shoulder. So a total of 3 shoulder surgeries. I'm not going to lie it sucked big time....lol. I think I started lifting lightly 3-4 months after the surgeries. I had the sugeires between 2010-2012. I'm still not 100% but I've learned to work around them.....I had to find my new normal.....I still can't do things like bench press. But I have managed to build a pretty good physique working around them.....I'm getting ready to do my 5th show since the surgeries and I might not ever be as strong as I was but I'm definitely built better!

Not to hijack this thread but since it can be useful info for many of us (I also have a partial labrum tear), please tell us what you found out in terms of working around it. What did you do differently than before?

I have torn mine in each shoulder. Opted not to get surgery. I know I will tear it again if I do and dont want to waste the time. My shoulders have been bad since I was 9 years old. And I have heard countless stories about mixed results etc..

You definitely can work out around it. I still bench press (never super heavy but heavy enough) and do shoulders. The key is to never use a bar. A bar keeps your movements very constrained. Where as cables and dumbbells allow much more flexibility in movements. Dont even think about going near a Smith machine for shoulders, chest etc... No machines for any shoulder exercise.

If I was under 35 I definitely would have gotten them fixed but it doesn't impact me too much.

Last edited:
I had torn labrum and supra muscles in one shoulder. After surgery was able to start light shoulder work in about 3 months, but it took about a year to start to get any real strength back. Now at about 2 years later, strength is near "normal", but range of motion still restricted.

I have torn mine in each shoulder. Opted not to get surgery. I know I will tear it again if I do and dont want to waste the time. My shoulders have been bad since I was 9 years old. And I have heard countless stories about mixed results etc..

You definitely can work out around it. I still bench press (never super heavy but heavy enough) and do shoulders. The key is to never use a bar. A bar keeps your movements very constrained. Where as cables and dumbbells allow much more flexibility in movements. Dont even think about going near a Smith machine for shoulders, chest etc... No machines for any shoulder exercise.

If I was under 35 I definitely would have gotten them fixed but it doesn't impact me too much.

It's funny how it affects all of us differently because I found machines and anything that requires less stabilization to be less painful as well.

Had surgery on both shoulders. One from football and wear and tear the other was from a car accident. Recovery was about 6-7 months for full clearance and regained most of previous strength by a year. It all depends on how bad the injury is, how good the surgeon is and how hard you rehab. The longer you put the surgery off the more damage you can do to the joint. In the grand scheme of your lifting career a year isn't that much. Plus you can use the time to hammer legs.

Last March I had surg for a full thickness supraspinatus tear that required multiple anchors. When the surgeon got in there he discovered my labrum was torn and well as my proximal bicep tendon so did a bicep tenodesis and subacromial decompression.

I was training almost at 100% by July. I made liberal and long term use of GH, BPC-157 and TB-500 during my recovery.

Last March I had surg for a full thickness supraspinatus tear that required multiple anchors. When the surgeon got in there he discovered my labrum was torn and well as my proximal bicep tendon so did a bicep tenodesis and subacromial decompression.

I was training almost at 100% by July. I made liberal and long term use of GH, BPC-157 and TB-500 during my recovery.

Looks like I have the same thing. Getting surgery this month. I know a few Surgeons. They all told me todays methods are way better than a few years ago and I should be close 100% in the gym in 3-6 months. That's assuming I don't do anything stupid! I'll keep everyone posted.
GB

graybass
just do your research on the best orhopedic surgeons in your area.
They'll tend to refer you to the better outpatient physical therapy clinics. They want good outcomes.

Also, don't delay getting back in the gym. I was back in within about 2 weeks with my arm in a sling doing everything I could to maintain the other 75% of me. You'll just need to be creative. Most of all be patient. One day at a time...

graybass
just do your research on the best orhopedic surgeons in your area.
They'll tend to refer you to the better outpatient physical therapy clinics. They want good outcomes.

Also, don't delay getting back in the gym. I was back in within about 2 weeks with my arm in a sling doing everything I could to maintain the other 75% of me. You'll just need to be creative. Most of all be patient. One day at a time...

Thanks brother. I'm off everything right now but going back on Test/Mast/GH soon. Do you suggest starting before surgery to get better healing? Especially the GH.

Thanks brother. I'm off everything right now but going back on Test/Mast/GH soon. Do you suggest starting before surgery to get better healing? Especially the GH.

No, I'd suggest getting off the bulk of your AAS dose now in prep for surgery as they do nothing to improve tendon remodeling/growth. Emerics 10mg/day worked very well for me while recovering. I shit you not...it fuckin works! The GH is fine, stay on it all the way through. I'd suggest you look into a good source for both TB-500 and BPC-157 and have it ready to go the day after surgery. I was on both for the duration of my physical therapy (3 months).

My surgeon told me that I'd have full fuction/use of my shoulder by 6-9 months and that it would continue to heal up to 12 months. Well, I was 100% by 4 months:) His PA was like WTF!? I'm currently 6+ months out and my only deficit is I don't have full ROM at the very top (170 degrees) Doc advised me to be very careful benching and any barbell pressing over the head. Nothing a pair of dumbbells can't solve.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear