over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Contest Prep with Colitis

Quadlife

IFBB PRO
IFBB PROS
Registered
ok so some of you guys know me on a personal level, I don't post too often just slammed with work, so heres a brief run down of whats going on I know I've seen a few colitis posts on here, I do compete at a high level and heres what happens, since 2016, I come off show, I eat some good stuff which includes sugar and gluten etc, then after about 2 weeks I start to flare up, this never happens during prep even with full cheat days even up to the show, its always after, the only thing I can think of is the sugar added, I don't go crazy since I have colitis I can barely eat anything good anyway, I have zero daily in my diet like ever, but il do more burgers, more gluten free snacks and what not, I still eat about 4-5 clean meals per day and 1-2 meals off diet, this only lasts for about 7-10 days if that, then I resume into offseason mode very strict and on point, my only carbs I can really eat w colitis are white rice, potatoes on occasion still bloats, and most carb powders I do ok with. I was wondering if you guys had any input or expertise on this as I can't keep competing and doing this to myself if after every prep I have to go back on prednisone for weeks or months at a time, thanks in advance !

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_249f.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_249f.jpeg
    645.8 KB · Views: 95
ok so some of you guys know me on a personal level, I don't post too often just slammed with work, so heres a brief run down of whats going on I know I've seen a few colitis posts on here, I do compete at a high level and heres what happens, since 2016, I come off show, I eat some good stuff which includes sugar and gluten etc, then after about 2 weeks I start to flare up, this never happens during prep even with full cheat days even up to the show, its always after, the only thing I can think of is the sugar added, I don't go crazy since I have colitis I can barely eat anything good anyway, I have zero daily in my diet like ever, but il do more burgers, more gluten free snacks and what not, I still eat about 4-5 clean meals per day and 1-2 meals off diet, this only lasts for about 7-10 days if that, then I resume into offseason mode very strict and on point, my only carbs I can really eat w colitis are white rice, potatoes on occasion still bloats, and most carb powders I do ok with. I was wondering if you guys had any input or expertise on this as I can't keep competing and doing this to myself if after every prep I have to go back on prednisone for weeks or months at a time, thanks in advance !
I use Uceris when I flare.its a corticoid but its site specific for the intestines so you dont get harsh sides that prednisone gives. I also double dose my lialda which helps alot.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
BL
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner