YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What are your tell-tale signs that you need a refeed?

zombiesauce

Registered
For me personally, it's usually once every week or two weeks when I'll be in the gym as just notice the pump dying off after 15 minutes, mind-muscle connection not being there, upper chest looking extremely flat which is when I'll usually skip the post workout cardio and gorge myself for a few hours on high carbs, protein while trying to not go too crazy with the fats.

My personal situation:

5'9, 218lbs, single digit bf.

M1: 45g oats, 2 scoop whey, 15g PB
M2: 6oz chicken, 150g rice, 10g coconut oil
M3: 6oz chicken, 150g rice, 10g coconut oil
Intraworkout: 25g carbs, 1 scoop EAAs
Postworkout: 90g oats, 2 scoops whey
M4: 6oz chicken, 150g rice, 10g coconut oil

30m AM cardio + 20m PM cardio

200mg test + 400mg tren + 400mg mast weekly

This works like a charm, as I always wake up the next day looking much freakier, harder, dry, vascular etc and the morning cardio hits exponentially harder but I definitely want to know if doing this is the right way to maximize fat loss with minimal catabolism.

Curious to hear about what indicators you guys use to gauge whether or not a refeed is needed, and what exactly is the "best" way to go about refeeding.

Fatigue, flat, you stop seeing progress, not sleeping well. Everyone is different, but if your in single digits you need 1 or 2 refeeds a week. But from looking at your diet, your calories don't look to low. So you may be fine with one. Do you know how many calories your at along with your carbs? I would switch your post workout carbs to something high glycemic, but that's me.
It's just trial in error.

Common sense would say if calories are lower than normal or if you've been burning more than normal.

Fatigue, flat, you stop seeing progress, not sleeping well. Everyone is different, but if your in single digits you need 1 or 2 refeeds a week. But from looking at your diet, your calories don't look to low. So you may be fine with one. Do you know how many calories your at along with your carbs? I would switch your post workout carbs to something high glycemic, but that's me.
It's just trial in error.

Ou thanks, sleep is a huge one that I forgot to take into account.

MFP says it's approximately 2635 cals (214g carbs, 64g fat, 281g protein).

I know you're probably right about switching the post workout carb source, was thinking about Cream of Rice but just the convenience of being able to throw the oats and whey into a blender and gulp it right down is huge lol.
Probably will somewhere down the line though as I start wanting more volume in my meals.

#1 fuckin' mood!!!!!
irritable/general loss tolerance for stupidity

(^^^i need a re-feed :eek:)

#2 fuckin' flat!!

I would start with once a week. Just trial and error. Your calories and carbs aren't extremely to low yet. Just try to use your best judgement. Put cream of rice in a blender or baby rice ceral. I do like baby rice ceral ground up in a shake lol

If someone says "Good morning" to you, and you punch them in the face...you probably need a refeed. Or you should back off the tren....

Can someone here post a pic of what they look like flat vs when they look full?

This would help everyone understand exactly what flat looks like.

If you weigh the same or are lighter the morning after the refeed that’s a sign that you needed it.

I have seen guys go up to 1000 carbs. I have went up to around 700. All of my carbs were clean, unless I splurged and had halo top. I would go in a 300 calorie surplus and would gain a pound or two. Nothing to freak out about. Remember carbs make you hold water. Keep fats under 20g and I would keep protein around 1g per pound of body wt and the rest are carbs. Some guys use cereals, syrup, low fat pancakes, low to fat free pretzels, low fat bagels etc. I would use carbs that digest well so you have very little bloating.

Go for a nice treat instead of doing a clean refeed imo. Don't underestimate what that does for you psychologically as well.

Go for a nice treat instead of doing a clean refeed imo. Don't underestimate what that does for you psychologically as well.

I feel like shit doing that; it breaks my routine and I often find myself craving things outside my diet for the next day or two.

If I could stick to the same meals every day and only make gradual changes then that's what I'd do.

don’t follow this but that’s how I do it and what works for me..

Saturday nights, I replace one of my meals with higher fats with a cheat meal. For ex last prep I had 5 whole eggs ..

-it keeps me from craving things on prep
-it gives me a break from my bro meals
-it allows me to go out and socialize [thats why I do it on Saturday night]
-last meal before bed makes for fewer calories and it doesn’t allow for a whole day binge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc