over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

"Back Pump" hysteria. Who started it?

SWOLNUTZ

Registered
I'm not sure when the phrase "back pumps" became a part of the bodybuilders lexicon, but its very hard to take someone seriously when they talk about "back pumps" in grave tones. The hysteria surrounding "back pumps" seems to have originated out of thin air. One day everyone was normal and the next day everyone had lost their mind, speaking about "back pumps" as if it was a real thing. Back pumps were never a real thing, but the spontaneous hysteria surrounding that phrase would all enter our lives in a most cringe-worthy fashion.

So it came to pass in the year of our lord, 2012 A.D., the bodybuilders lexicon took a dive in the depths of lunacy. The subject of "Beastdrol" never failed to invite the legions of lunatics poised to inform us all of the danger that lurked for us, the danger of the dreaded and mysterious "back pump". Conversations about Beastdrol proved to be impossible without someone reminding us to "just be warned, the back pumps are hellacious!"

Well, the hysteria came and the hysteria went. The dark times of the dreaded back pumps proved to be nothing more than 15 minutes of infamy. The phrase meant nothing. It was clearly someone trying to troll the entire bodybuilding community by dumbing down the phraseology.

Back pumps are fake news.

Rant over!

Idk man...the drive home after doing deads and weighted hypers as a finisher def isn't too comfortable for me.

Take 100mg of anadrol and 50mg of dbol about an hour before your workout and eat alot of simple carbs. Then do deadlifts and other back work. See if you still think back pumps are fake after that.....

Yeah my spinal erectors being painfully pumped and half-cramping during deadlifts, hyperextensions etc. is just in my mind. And the occurrence and intensity correlating with AAS dose and compound used is just random, too. :banghead:

Psychocandy contains fourteen tracks with a total running time of thirty-nine minutes. The music has been described as "bubblegum pop drowned in feedback", that fused "melody with obnoxious bursts of white noise."Critics have noted the influence of classic '60s pop groups such as The Beach Boys and The Rolling Stones alongside the work of rock bands The Velvet Underground, The Stooges and Suicide on the album.

Lead vocals are handled by Jim Reid on this album, with the exception of "It's So Hard", sung by William Reid.

The album includes the singles "Never Understand", "You Trip Me Up" and "Just Like Honey". Following reissue on CD in August 1986, the bonus track "Some Candy Talking", which was originally released on the namesake EP, was included on the album, only on the UK Blanco y Negro CDs released in 1986 and 1997; in the USA, it was released on CD by Reprise in 1986 and American Recordings in 1993 without the bonus track. In 2006, the album was remastered and released in DualDisc format without "Some Candy Talking" to conform with the original playlist. In 2011, it was re-released (along with the other five studio albums) by Edsel in collaboration with Rhino as a two-CD set with extra tracks (singles, B-sides, demos and Peel Sessions) and a DVD (NTSC, all-region).

I get pumps in my lower back; they're muscles, just like biceps and triceps - how can they not get a pump when you work them?

Mine have never been painful, though.

Yeah my spinal erectors being painfully pumped and half-cramping during deadlifts, hyperextensions etc. is just in my mind.

Oh sheisse, could it be back pumps!? Call it anything you want, just not the dreaded "back pump".

Bubblegum pop is the musical equivalent of the phrase "back pump".

Don't you dare hate on JAMC :sta;-wars

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhTR2fKO6-c"]Just Like Honey - YouTube[/ame]

I get pumps in my lower back; they're muscles, just like biceps and triceps - how can they not get a pump when you work them?

Mine have never been painful, though.

Fair point. But when you work out a bicep would you say, "I have bicep pumps"?

Don't you dare hate on JAMC :sta;-wars

Just Like Honey - YouTube

Ha ha! I'd love to troll you and tell you I hate the JAMC, but that'd be going to far. I like JAMC and generally speaking also like "dream pop" too. Cigarrettes after Sex and the Dum Dum Girls, are two I really like

I can't listen to any of them too long though, because dem' back pumps son

That's exactly what i say...what do you say?

I can't tell if this is a terrible attempt at trolling or...

It would be true to make such a statement after I work biceps; however, that's kinda the point to be able to say so.

BUT, I wouldn't whine like a little bitch about it, if that's what you're asking.

That's exactly what i say...what do you say?

I can't tell if this is a terrible attempt at trolling or...

I'd say my biceps are pumped but never I have "bicep pumps". Bicep pumps (and back pumps) sound like a machine to use for reinflating deflated biceps.

And yes, there might be a hint of trolling going on :D

It would be true to make such a statement after I work biceps; however, that's kinda the point to be able to say so.

BUT, I wouldn't whine like a little bitch about it, if that's what you're asking.

And seriously -- all kidding aside -- that's the thing I have disliked about this trend of saying "Oh god! Back pumps!" like it's on par with contracting malaria or something.

People used to talk about Beastdrol and back pumps like your life it was an imminent health emergency. But it's merely the muscle getting full of blood, nothing to write home about. It'd be like saying, "Oatmeal is great but beware the bowel movement!" It's one of those things we just instinctively don't even need to make a big deal about.

I don't avoid a showdown with back pumps, I embrace it!

And seriously -- all kidding aside -- that's the thing I have disliked about this trend of saying "Oh god! Back pumps!" like it's on par with contracting malaria or something.

People used to talk about Beastdrol and back pumps like your life it was an imminent health emergency. But it's merely the muscle getting full of blood, nothing to write home about. It'd be like saying, "Oatmeal is great but beware the bowel movement!" It's one of those things we just instinctively don't even need to make a big deal about.

I don't avoid a showdown with back pumps, I embrace it!

You have alot of free time to think about things.....don't you.....

Ha ha! I'd love to troll you and tell you I hate the JAMC, but that'd be going to far. I like JAMC and generally speaking also like "dream pop" too. Cigarrettes after Sex and the Dum Dum Girls, are two I really like

I can't listen to any of them too long though, because dem' back pumps son

Listen to Mazzy's second album all the way through with no breaks, in the dark.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnGAJBMng64&list=PL6RCbtTQcVvlrqzT2t5HCQFMw8l2edsso"]Mazzy Star - Fade Into You - YouTube[/ame]

It's...magical

I gotta skip over when she does Five String Serenade though I start instantly craving Temazepam and alcohol

Last edited:
Listen to Mazzy's second album all the way through with no breaks, in the dark.

Mazzy Star - Fade Into You - YouTube

It's...magical

Mazzy Star has got to be THE preeminent dream pop artist of our time. I love her stuff, including the third album "Among My Swan". She then went on and did some stuff as "Hope Sandoval and the Warm Inventions" which still contained some great songs but nowhere near her earlier, Mazzy Star era stuff imo

You gotta check out "Cat Power". This is one of her best songs and surprisingly a live performance. Lead singer is Chan Marshal, just beautiful

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiZARxxhnqI"]Cat-Power - YouTube[/ame]

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner