over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Cpap users help; light rash

liv2pb

Registered
Whats up everyone, I'm having an issue where I'm getting a red rash type outline of my face mask that lasts throughout the day. It does not itsch and is not just an indent from the mask. I'm assuming this is a light allergy to the material but has this happened to anyone, and does anyone have a remedy? Different nasal pillow maybe? This is frustrating as I look riduclous lol

Also does anyone know of a place to buy reasonably prices mask pillows?

Last edited:
Never had a rash, so no help there. I buy all my cpap supplies on Amazon. I am able to find better deals than on any medical supply place.

I have had my cpap for a year and a half. If I wear my mask too tight I get the outline on my face and occasionally will break the skin but usually heals. I would talk to your doctor about the rash see if there is another type of material you can use for the mask.

I have had my cpap for a year and a half. If I wear my mask too tight I get the outline on my face and occasionally will break the skin but usually heals. I would talk to your doctor about the rash see if there is another type of material you can use for the mask.

This is what I will end up doing. I would get lines as well but they would normally go away in 30 or so minutes. The rash started a couple weeks ago.

Are you cleaning your cushion after every use or using any new lotions on your face? I've found some lotions that I'm not sensitive to otherwise will react with the silicone on the cushion causing my face to be irritated. Do you have oily skin?

If the irritation is the whole circumference (not isolated to one specific spot) of where your mask is, it may be you're allergic to the silicone of the cushion. That's if your mask is silicone based?

Which mask are you wearing?

Edit: I see you're using a nasal pillow type of mask. Have you tried the Dreamwear?

Last edited:
Are you cleaning your cushion after every use or using any new lotions on your face? I've found some lotions that I'm not sensitive to otherwise will react with the silicone on the cushion causing my face to be irritated. Do you have oily skin?

If the irritation is the whole circumference (not isolated to one specific spot) of where your mask is, it may be you're allergic to the silicone of the cushion. That's if your mask is silicone based?

Which mask are you wearing?

Edit: I see you're using a nasal pillow type of mask. Have you tried the Dreamwear?

I am cleaning the nasal pillow every day (with cpap wipes) but I use it much longer than recommend. I believe your supposed to only use them for 1 month but I normally get 3 months out of it lol.

I don't use any lotion but I do have oily skin.

The rash is not isolated and does go around the whole circumference so Im thinking its an allergy as well. I think it's silicone based but I'm not 100% sure. I'm using an air fit f20 full face mask.

I have not tried any dream wear products, I'm fairly new to cpap use and just now have been looking into replacement pillows. I even ordered a completely wrong Nadal pillow off amazon lol. Thanks for your reply bro! I'll look into dream wear.

One option is switch to the Resmed Airtouch memory foam mask for the F20.

It is nose and mouth mask which is different than your nasal pillows mask. but the foam cushion will not leave a red rash on your face..

scott

I am cleaning the nasal pillow every day (with cpap wipes) but I use it much longer than recommend. I believe your supposed to only use them for 1 month but I normally get 3 months out of it lol.

I don't use any lotion but I do have oily skin.

The rash is not isolated and does go around the whole circumference so Im thinking its an allergy as well. I think it's silicone based but I'm not 100% sure. I'm using an air fit f20 full face mask.

I have not tried any dream wear products, I'm fairly new to cpap use and just now have been looking into replacement pillows. I even ordered a completely wrong Nadal pillow off amazon lol. Thanks for your reply bro! I'll look into dream wear.

I just bought the So Clean CPAP cleaner. Started getting some ear infections and think it was bacteria even though I was diligent about cleaning it frequently. If you figure out what cause your rash, please post it up.

I just bought the So Clean CPAP cleaner. Started getting some ear infections and think it was bacteria even though I was diligent about cleaning it frequently. If you figure out what cause your rash, please post it up.
I'll definitely update everyone if I figure it out. I've been thinking about buying this cleaner as well.
Do you think it was worth the cost?

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Elisaac062224
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner