over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Bad Supraspinatus tear!

graybass

Registered
Hoping for some input. Hurt my rotator bad. Got MRI. Doc says I have complete detachment of outer rotator head (Supraspinatus) Funny thing is it just got worse and worse over a few months starting about 6 months ago. There was not a specific trauma or injury. I couldn't get it looked at because I changed health insurance and had huge challenge with them. Finally all is in place about 2 month ago. Started to pursue treatment then. I have Zero lateral movement with my right arm. I'm right handed so fucking great! If you look at me It looks like my rear deltoid is missing Yikes! Does not hurt any longer, but fucking crippled.
My main worry is that they are taking so fucking long to schedule surgery that it won't be fixable. I'm still waiting for another EMG test to chart the nerve responses. He says the EMG results will effect the type of treatment. My surgeon still says it is completely fixable 100% with proper rehab.
What do you guys with similar experiences think?
Thanks

My surgeon still says it is completely fixable 100% with proper rehab.
Thanks

I just had rotator cuff surgery this past Friday on my left shoulder. Like you it was a full thickness Supra tear with retraction. Partially tore the Subscap and Infra as well. Surgeon did a subacromial decomp and bicep tenodesis and used 4 anchors to reattach my Supraspinatus. Needless to say I'm still in some serious pain with my arm in a sling for a minimum of 3 weeks. Sleeping is difficult. PT to follow.
I had RC surgery on my right shoulder (partial thickness Supra tear) in mid March of this year so 2018's been a total wash and a wake up call for this 50 yr/old!

With any RC tear of significance time from injury to repair is important due to fatty infiltration. "Full thickness with retraction" can ONLY be fixed through surgery.

I just had rotator cuff surgery this past Friday on my left shoulder. Like you it was a full thickness Supra tear with retraction. Partially tore the Subscap and Infra as well. Surgeon did a subacromial decomp and bicep tenodesis and used 4 anchors to reattach my Supraspinatus. Needless to say I'm still in some serious pain with my arm in a sling for a minimum of 3 weeks. Sleeping is difficult. PT to follow.
I had RC surgery on my right shoulder (partial thickness Supra tear) in mid March of this year so 2018's been a total wash and a wake up call for this 50 yr/old!

With any RC tear of significance time from injury to repair is important due to fatty infiltration. "Full thickness with retraction" can ONLY be fixed through surgery.

Hey brother,
Was it orthoscopic? Or a more invasive surgery?

Yes, arthroscopic. Start researching good Orthopedic Surgeons in your area that will accept your medical insurance.

Yes, arthroscopic. Start researching good Orthopedic Surgeons in your area that will accept your medical insurance.

Thanks Brother,
Already found a good one who takes my insurance. Thank God! He already looked at the MRI and just referred me for an EMG to look for nerve damage. Then we will schedule the surgery.
Thanks for your input.

IMO surgery is the absolute last resort I had a complete tear of my left supersuprondis It was hanging by a thread. I choose to rehab myself BPC-157 was a huge help.

Hoping for some input. Hurt my rotator bad. Got MRI. Doc says I have complete detachment of outer rotator head (Supraspinatus) Funny thing is it just got worse and worse over a few months starting about 6 months ago. There was not a specific trauma or injury. I couldn't get it looked at because I changed health insurance and had huge challenge with them. Finally all is in place about 2 month ago. Started to pursue treatment then. I have Zero lateral movement with my right arm. I'm right handed so fucking great! If you look at me It looks like my rear deltoid is missing Yikes! Does not hurt any longer, but fucking crippled.
My main worry is that they are taking so fucking long to schedule surgery that it won't be fixable. I'm still waiting for another EMG test to chart the nerve responses. He says the EMG results will effect the type of treatment. My surgeon still says it is completely fixable 100% with proper rehab.
Thanks

sorry to hear this graybass, that's rough...

you said there was not a specific trauma or injury... What do you mean by that? are you saying it was just chronic pain and then it finally "went?"

Just curious

Always had some shoulder pain, like 20 years lol. Then about 6 months ago I noticed I had less and less lateral motion. Plus all upper body motions hurt. Seems like 3-4 months ago it became apparent I had a serious problem I kept waiting for it to heal and it never did. That's when I became serious about seeking treatment.

I tore mine off the bone as well long ago and took some time before I had surgery as the first surgeon insisted nothing could be torn as I was to strong. Best to go to a sports medicine orthopedic surgeon I found. I had the supraspinatus, infraspinatus and a ruptured biceps fixed at the same time. Best of luck. The surgeon is what makes much of the difference I have found.

Arthroscopic is actually less invasive instead of cutting you open, they make three small holes and go in with specific medical tools to complete the surgery. A lot of it guided by video.

I’ve had multiple tears, luckily never to my rotator cuff because I’ve always done internal and external rotation and PNF exercises, which is what they will have you do during rehab post surgery. Recovery will be a bitch. I’ve seen people have a full recovery and others still have issues, albeit less than prior to the repair.

Good luck man. Hoping for a full recovery for you.

Arthroscopic is actually less invasive instead of cutting you open, they make three small holes and go in with specific medical tools to complete the surgery. A lot of it guided by video.

I’ve had multiple tears, luckily never to my rotator cuff because I’ve always done internal and external rotation and PNF exercises, which is what they will have you do during rehab post surgery. Recovery will be a bitch. I’ve seen people have a full recovery and others still have issues, albeit less than prior to the repair.

Good luck man. Hoping for a full recovery for you.

What exercises do you think are the best for that? I have been doing some to strengthen mine because they are always sore.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131