over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Are you an organ donor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope many of us on here are donors. Someday I will need a new heart and I fear that day because I know how hard it is to get one.

According to this article, and average of 18 people die each day waiting for a transplant. The pro bodybuilder Mike Matarazzo died that way, on the list.

"Ginger, 49, is one of nearly 4,000 people waiting for a heart transplant in the United States. An average of 18 people die each day waiting for transplants due to a national shortage of donated organs." Looks like at any one time there are between 3,500 and 4000 people on the heart transplant list.

https://newsarchive.heart.org/waiting-for-a-new-heart-isnt-easy/

I like most others on this thread, think that hospitals in the US don't let people die just so they can sell the organs. That is crazy. If your reasoning is making money, I can tell you that it costs hundreds of thousands of dollars just to keep someone alive for long. The bill for my heart attack was $120,000 and that was just for 6 days. There is plenty of money to be made either way.

That practice might take place in some shady countries, but even then I have to wonder. I am an organ donor, so that all of my other organs might be put to use rather than just incinerated.

And a heart transplant averages 1.4 MILLION... A kidney, 400K...

A lot more to be made from people dying with healthy organs...

Unfortunately greed is an incureable disease...

I know an ER nurse that works at one hospital, and an ER nurse and a doctor that work at another. After reading this I texted the nurses and actually asked the doctor in person about this post. They all, independently said the claim is absurd. The doctor also said he'd love to know the hospital the OP's mom works at so that he can forward said claim to the appropriate people. He's never even heard rumor of such actions.

He added that when people come in and are critical they don't even know they're donors until they've died 99.9% of the time.

Could he be lying? Sure, but I doubt it.

Sure it can be absur. Sure my moms is just looking out for me. Im sure theres people who Od that come in and dr realize they could potentially save more lives with their organs than having to keep saving the patient every time they od. Again im just looking for discussion and seeing peoples opinions. As for telling you the hospital she works at, definitely not

Shouldve reworded this thread. I believe people whi come into the er with close to death like symptoms im sure there shady dr’s that believe they can save more lives with their organs than just the person who caused them to be on their death bed anyways. I believe dr’s could do more to SOME patients to try and keep them alive.

Shouldve reworded this thread. I believe people whi come into the er with close to death like symptoms im sure there shady dr’s that believe they can save more lives with their organs than just the person who caused them to be on their death bed anyways. I believe dr’s could do more to SOME patients to try and keep them alive.

Look at Little Slice on here. They fought very hard to save him. To me believing that doctors let patients die for their organs is about like believing that the US never landed on the moon.

Look at Little Slice on here. They fought very hard to save him. To me believing that doctors let patients die for their organs is about like believing that the US never landed on the moon.

But is Little Slice an organ donor?

Besides the fact that didn’t he almost go into multiple organ failure? Heart, kidneys, brain etc with the OD?

Not much to donate if that would’ve happened and given the circumstances in which he came in...

Still pretty new to this forum have not seen what happened to little slice, ill tey to find the thread though

Sure it can be absur. Sure my moms is just looking out for me. Im sure theres people who Od that come in and dr realize they could potentially save more lives with their organs than having to keep saving the patient every time they od. Again im just looking for discussion and seeing peoples opinions. As for telling you the hospital she works at, definitely not

I wasn't actually asking you, nor expecting you to provide that. It was more to show the absurdity of your post.

I wasn't actually asking you, nor expecting you to provide that. It was more to show the absurdity of your post.

All i was asking for was your thoughts. Im not saying my mother is right or wrong, but i appreciate her looking out for me. If you think its absurd thats fine move on. Just wanted to start a discussion on this to see if yall believed it could be a possibility or not that this may actually happen in hospitals

All i was asking for was your thoughts. Im not saying my mother is right or wrong, but i appreciate her looking out for me. If you think its absurd thats fine move on. Just wanted to start a discussion on this to see if yall believed it could be a possibility or not that this may actually happen in hospitals

I think you got what you were looking for.

Besides the fact that didn’t he almost go into multiple organ failure? Heart, kidneys, brain etc with the OD?

Not much to donate if that would’ve happened and given the circumstances in which he came in...

For the sake of the discussion donations are also for science and education not just organs so health of the organs is meaningless to the body’s overall value to the hospital

Last edited:
There was a netflix documentary about India and the kidney market. Sounds fucked up. Doctors convice patients that they need kidney transplants and other give poor people 10k for their kidneys.

It makes it seem that if you have money you can get organs from other countries for a price.

I am a donor. If I could gift someone life, I'm all for it.

I am a donor. If I could gift someone life, I'm all for it.

You could donate me some product and give me the gift of looking good I’m all for THAT! Lol

Doctors for the most part aren't getting bonuses for accruing organs for transplants.

Half the guys in bodybuilding might fail the criteria just sheerly based off their blood work.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Organ failure and diseased organ pathologies are quite opposite under the circumstances such as what slice experienced.

**broken link removed**

ORIGINAL RESEARCH |15 MAY 2018

The Drug Overdose Epidemic and Deceased-Donor Transplantation in the United States: A National Registry Study

Conclusion:
In the United States, transplantation with ODD organs has increased dramatically, with noninferior outcomes in transplant recipients. Concerns about IRD behaviors and hepatitis C among donors lead to excess discard that should be minimized given the current organ shortage

Last edited:
There is always going to be a need for healthy organs and tissue... I was thinking about this with all the News this past week about the proposed Virginia law that would permit abortion while the woman was in labor (or maybe even immediately after according to Northam?). Passage of such a law would immediately result in a new supply of prime donor tissue. It makes you wonder if that was one of the motivations behind the drafting of the law?

Stuff like this needs more discussing. Not yearbook photos from the 80's

Last edited:
Lmao I cant believe I just read that. If anyone ever got caught doing this it be first degree murder, we dont do that in this country. Maybe 1/1000 chance. Please reconsider your choice to be an organ donor.

Lmao I cant believe I just read that. If anyone ever got caught doing this it be first degree murder, we dont do that in this country. Maybe 1/1000 chance. Please reconsider your choice to be an organ donor.

We don’t do that in this country but we had a convicted pedophile as the speaker of congress Lmao

Ah Ignorance is bliss...

1/1000 would still mean about 350 cases according to the US population not counting undocumented people which also visit hospitals...

Again, I won’t say it happens often, and I do even admit to not trusting our country because, well, if you can have a pedophile in congress and the NSA blatantly admits to violating privacy rights (which no one has done a fucking thing about it) then really, one crazy nut doctor isn’t out of the question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear