over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Log books

Brickshthouse79

Registered
This is inspired by Dante's IG post on logbooks. How do others track training progress? Recently, Ive been sending myself an email with my daily workout and I hit reply and keep it going as an email chain to myself. The other day, I lost a couple weeks of workouts, so I think im going to get a physical book. Maybe a pre-made one from amazon or just a spiral binder. Any suggestions?

P.s.s I posted something like this on IG and some smaller guy made a rude comment. Felt like telling him to come back when he gains 30lbs of lbm. :)

Someone made a rude comment on the internet. You should call the police.

On topic I use a hardback journal. Gets fucked on the floor and stepped on. Nobody has ever say anything about it. It cost 1.50 in cheap euro saver store.

Last edited:
I made my own 'template'( I'll show a picture, it is in my native language but shouldn't be too hard to decode). I put it in a map which I carry with me to the gym. Next session I scroll back and look what I've did previous training and try to beat that.

Food, weight, drugs etc are kept in a Google sheets file.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    131.1 KB · Views: 147
I just bought a small journal/notebook with lined paper inside of it. I track everything with a mechanical pencil and if I make changes or run out of room I use the eraser.

Someone made a rude comment on the internet. You should call the police.

On topic I use a hardback journal. Gets fucked on the floor and stepped on. Nobody has ever say anything about it. It cost 1.50 in cheap euro saver store.

You dont think thats taking things a little far? :)

Yeah, thats a good idea and what ill use. Thanks

I just bought a small journal/notebook with lined paper inside of it. I track everything with a mechanical pencil and if I make changes or run out of room I use the eraser.

Thanks. I used to do the same and will go back to it

I made my own 'template'( I'll show a picture, it is in my native language but shouldn't be too hard to decode). I put it in a map which I carry with me to the gym. Next session I scroll back and look what I've did previous training and try to beat that.

Food, weight, drugs etc are kept in a Google sheets file.

Nicely done!

I use my memory but to be honest I'm doing a lower volume Big Beyond Belief-adaptation (high frequency, body parts done 3x/week is really king, you guys not doing it are missing out) so I don't have too much to remember :D If I were doing multiple sets of multiple exercises I would be using some kind of notepad or my Samsung notes though.

Do mine in excel and bring with me to the gym. Then log on the spot with a pen.

I've always used pen and paper. The last few years I've used blank journals like this - https://www.amazon.com/Handmade-Vintage-Antique-Looking-Notebook/dp/B074TFVDYD/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=double+dragon+journal&qid=1553361855&s=gateway&sr=8-3. I also have some cool ones from a local shop with covers that say stuff like "One Night Stands" and "My Shit List". I get a laugh when I see people walking by me with their head turned trying to read it.

In those, I record the date, the workout, the gym, my weight, and exercises / sets / weights / reps.

I also have an Excel spreadsheet where I track supplements and make general notes on how I look, how I feel, training, what my goals are at the time, etc.

pen and paper here - just started looking at instagram and finding some really neat tricks and new exercises and write them down in my book ....not like you tube you have to watch 30 minutes to see some shit..instagram real quick vids and to the point been watching Dante, scott stevenson dave henry john meadows etc

it's funny when people in general laugh off log books I bet these guys got their cycles written in a cycle log calculated out to the minute for their next shot LOL

pen and paper here - just started looking at instagram and finding some really neat tricks and new exercises and write them down in my book ....not like you tube you have to watch 30 minutes to see some shit..instagram real quick vids and to the point been watching Dante, scott stevenson dave henry john meadows etc

it's funny when people in general laugh off log books I bet these guys got their cycles written in a cycle log calculated out to the minute for their next shot LOL

Totally agree. In general, there is too much focus on aas and not enough on diet and training.

I've always used pen and paper. The last few years I've used blank journals like this - https://www.amazon.com/Handmade-Vintage-Antique-Looking-Notebook/dp/B074TFVDYD/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=double+dragon+journal&qid=1553361855&s=gateway&sr=8-3. I also have some cool ones from a local shop with covers that say stuff like "One Night Stands" and "My Shit List". I get a laugh when I see people walking by me with their head turned trying to read it.

In those, I record the date, the workout, the gym, my weight, and exercises / sets / weights / reps.

I also have an Excel spreadsheet where I track supplements and make general notes on how I look, how I feel, training, what my goals are at the time, etc.

I want one of the ones from you local shop! Awesome

was never really a journal guy... i was the first 3-4 years but that was bout it.

I am not one to take a logbook to the gym and write down all my sets etc. If I decided to do that I could remember everything and write it down when I got home. I know some don't have good memories so would need to do it on the spot. I do logs online (done training ones for years) a lot so some info is in them and I can always look back. I can also remember my main lifts over months/years and that is the most important thing to me. My training is very instinctive (and fast) at times as well. I go on feel and a logbook would just get in my way.

Anyone on IG should check out Milos Sarcev's logbook stuff he posted. Some really interesting stuff showing his diet and drugs protocols days before the Olympia.

Last edited:
I am not one to take a logbook to the gym and write down all my sets etc. If I decided to do that I could remember everything and write it down when I got home. I know some don't have good memories so would need to do it on the spot. I do logs online (done training ones for years) a lot so some info is in them and I can always look back. I can also remember my main lifts over months/years and that is the most important thing to me. My training is very instinctive (and fast) at times as well. I go on feel and a logbook would just get in my way.

Anyone on IG should check out Milos Sarcev's logbook stuff he posted. Some really interesting stuff showing his diet and drugs protocols days before the Olympia.

Thanks Elvia. Thats a good recommendation. Im not currently following milos, will add him to my IG.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws