over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Need help with blood sugar falling out

rookx750

Registered
Sooooo, whenever I have a into drink with about 70-100grams of sugar from gatoraid about 30 mins after I workout and I am doing something physical( not intense but like walking or fixing something around the house) I start getting light headed and flush. I will try to last as long as possible but as soon as I eat I feel better. This doesn’t happen when I don’t have fast carbs into and at that it doesn’t happen every time but about 50% of the tim.

Background
A1C fine
Fasted glucose at the top of the range
Sometime I eat in the morning and most of the time I don’t, but at least 4 hours before the workout. Walks up at 8 am and workout at 3:30-4.( I like to convince myself I’m fasting when I don’t eat lol)
Intro drink: gator aid 70-100grams carbs, 20g EAA, a pump product, cialas.
Abuse caffeine. 300 mg in the morning through coffee, 300 pre workout through an energy drink. Sometimes another 100-200 mg during a long day.(I think this is the problem cause adrenaline fatigue)
For the rest of my meals in before I go to bead at 12am.
No slin ever
Stopped using GDAs but about 2 months ago.

I have never had these issues until about a couple weeks ago, when I have added a couple % of BF. Probably abou 14% maybe as high as 20% maybe lower idk. I’m tall so it’s hard to tell but you can see all abbs and separated quads and gluts.

I guess I’m more or less asking what bloods I need to get because my A1C is good and my fasted has gone up and down over the last 3-4 years with diet.

Just curiuos, does it happen more then once in the same day? Not saying this is the cause. But worth reading. Try googling reactive hypoglycemia

No not at all I can not eat for well over 24 hours no problem. It only happens when I have the into drink with the big amount of fast acting carbs. I have just been telling myself that I’m making my body produce a big insulin spike because of the carbs pulse the workout and then my body produces another one about an jour after I leave the gym. There isn’t ever a problem with me leaving the gym feel hypo it always after when I’m walking the dog or in the yard about 30min to an hour after workout.

Well it may not be hypo in the first place. Do you have glucometer to verify? If not buy a cheap one for like 10$ and some strips and have your carb drink and when you get the flashes measure your glucose level.

Other than this it could probably some light form of type2 diabetes. You could try some metformin to see if it makes any difference.

Do you run tren or high gear? I get flashes on tren much easier.

And lastly could be something related to your thyroid.

First and foremost slow down on the stims, make sure to get some good BP/Pulse/Temps readings in the next few week's. Could help you pinpoint the problem.

Last edited:
Thanks both of you, the metro was going to be my next move. Him with the gear part no I do t use Tren BUT I’m putting two n tow together lol.

saddlu I think it’s more a type 2 diabetic issue. I have tried all GDA and I get my blood sugars down to normal range about 82-90 but nothing optimal. I know it’s my diet that fucking up my fasted because when I start eating like I’m
Supposed to the helps my fasted more than anything else. I do know looks have nothing to do with diabetes but when your lean it easy to eat like shit hahah.

I can’t get met from my docs. SMH they need you to be completely diabetic before they start treating you. I had decent success with berberine and that’s to go head to head with met but I couldn’t gain. I was eating ridiculous amount and it wasn’t going anywhere but my bloods look good.

First and foremost slow down on the stims, make sure to get some good BP/Pulse/Temps readings in the next few week's. Could help you pinpoint the problem.

BP is good and normal alway under 120/80
Pulse is 68

I not sure what you mean by temps???? Can you please explain

How about you just eat a normal meal post workout instead of drinking Gatorade? Problem solved probably. It need not be complicated.

How about you just eat a normal meal post workout instead of drinking Gatorade? Problem solved probably. It need not be complicated.

Ummmm the point of the into drink is to drink it during the workout especially since I have fasted all day before. Now I could cut the into carbs and eat after the workout sure or maybe a couple hours before. But the issue is this just started happening consistently other then a couple times over the years.

I think there is a bigger underlying issue and that is why I took the time to
Waste your guys time to try and point me In The right direction. I have explored this type of issue with doctors but with no success.

Was listening to a Podcast a while back and a doctor was talking about this very thing. He sees more bodybuilders who eat perfect and are in great shape having blood sugar issues (no HGH). He believes its all the stimulants and adrenal fatigue

BP is good and normal alway under 120/80
Pulse is 68

I not sure what you mean by temps???? Can you please explain

Temperature, take your temperature. I'm not interested in your once weekly BP check, take it before and after this light headedness. Id be taking all three of those vitals 2-3x a day for a week with glucose checks post feed.

Is it orthostatic hypertension?
A cardiac problem?
Hypoglycemia?

Whatever you do dont self diagnoses yourself a fucking diabetic. Just be smart, collect as much data as you can about the symptoms, and present it to a qualified medical professional.

Was listening to a Podcast a while back and a doctor was talking about this very thing. He sees more bodybuilders who eat perfect and are in great shape having blood sugar issues (no HGH). He believes its all the stimulants and adrenal fatigue

Thank you, I believe I heard the same podcast. I know Mel Chansen had this issue but his was all day low long. He also verified with the metro that his BS was forsure falling out many times a day. He also said that the over stim and the constant stress on the body was doing it and the fix was to go on a cortisone program and rest fixed the issue.

I listened to this one podcast like 3 years ago where they went in on this sub just with DR Serrano (John meadows ) doc and he had awesome information on it but I think it was on the pod cast Chod hosted.

Temperature, take your temperature. I'm not interested in your once weekly BP check, take it before and after this light headedness. Id be taking all three of those vitals 2-3x a day for a week with glucose checks post feed.

Is it orthostatic hypertension?
A cardiac problem?
Hypoglycemia?

Whatever you do dont self diagnoses yourself a fucking diabetic. Just be smart, collect as much data as you can about the symptoms, and present it to a qualified medical professional.

Yessir will get on top of those, I check BP everyday and pulse but will take them when it occurs. Trust me I don’t wanna hear the word diabetes let alone trying to play doc with it.

Last edited:
I used to have that too myself, from time to time. Very similar situation and I even went to the doc and had a glucose tolerance test done. I was just in high school and starting bodybuilding. I tested normal for diabetes.

I think it just may be the big insulin spike you get after taking in that sugar and being in a fasted state must make the change in blood sugar even greater so that it really triggers a big release. It seems as if there is an overshoot with that insulin release and then your blood sugar drops low. I never got an explanation from my doctor, he just wanted to see that I didn't have any diabetes.

what does the rest of your diet look like? Sounds like either fasted or running on sugar and caffeine. You do NOT need 100g of garbage gatorade sugar pre or intra workout. Sorry to burst your bubble, but you aint working that hard. The body has 100`s of grams of glycogen to spare, even if you are fasted..... Unless you been fasted, cal deficit for days.

It does take some time for body to lower blood sugar back to normal. Sounds like the extreme sugar dump is causing big insulin dump, then BG dips below normal, which is all normal given those conditions, then you get light headed. Why not just stop the garbage drink? A main point of "fasting" is to increase insulin sensitivity, then you just blast the body with sugar :confused:

I used to have that too myself, from time to time. Very similar situation and I even went to the doc and had a glucose tolerance test done. I was just in high school and starting bodybuilding. I tested normal for diabetes.

I think it just may be the big insulin spike you get after taking in that sugar and being in a fasted state must make the change in blood sugar even greater so that it really triggers a big release. It seems as if there is an overshoot with that insulin release and then your blood sugar drops low. I never got an explanation from my doctor, he just wanted to see that I didn't have any diabetes.

I've had these myself. My A1C is fine and blood glucose is always normal. I'm with Maldorf here. I think its related to have a huge insulin spike. I have noticed since I have restricted sugar to minimal and keep a close eye on carbs I don't have those hypo issues much anymore.

24 to 48hr fasts will also reset your insulin sensitivity and potential prediabetic
symptoms.
I used to randomly go hypo and after going through a fasting
regime hypo is no longer an issue
I've also increased cardio sessions as well.

what does the rest of your diet look like? Sounds like either fasted or running on sugar and caffeine. You do NOT need 100g of garbage gatorade sugar pre or intra workout. Sorry to burst your bubble, but you aint working that hard. The body has 100`s of grams of glycogen to spare, even if you are fasted..... Unless you been fasted, cal deficit for days.

It does take some time for body to lower blood sugar back to normal. Sounds like the extreme sugar dump is causing big insulin dump, then BG dips below normal, which is all normal given those conditions, then you get light headed. Why not just stop the garbage drink? A main point of "fasting" is to increase insulin sensitivity, then you just blast the body with sugar :confused:

I definitely can do all this, There is no scientific purpose as its just more a performance reasons after not eating all day. Your not bursting my bubble by any means man , do you really think drinking 70 gram Gatorade and ecaa is the healthiest thing to be doing no, I have been it this game long enough, I know how to write out a full blown balance diet but I’m just on cruise control right now with life and this came out of the blue after doing it for years. I do have a physical job and do workout intense so I don’t think it’s fair to say I don’t need that amount of carb but I think I get what you tring to say. That I am using the wrong carbs ant the wrong time, right? No disrespect but would you be saying this if it was happening if I taking in 50 grams of Karolyn???? I see people post this all day long in their “ top level guru diet” I I do this for fun and grab a gator aid on the way to the gym because I don’t want to workout fasted after I worked all day engery is low. You guys are right though the shitty sugar is probably what is causing the issue and I will get back on track, start a diet, cut the caffeine, and try an cut the stress down and rest up.

I have bloods from 5 weeks ago where everything is perfect. I can post but itÂ’s nothing but general trt bloods from m6 urologist.

Your 100% right if I fix my diet and start eating throughout the day I probably will fix itself, I was concerned because this hasnt really ever happened before and I have been doing it for years. I personally donT like to be full while I work my job and I wanted to add the fasting factor since I donT like to eat anyways. Regardless my BS should not be dropping out and hour AFTER training from a normal size gator aid and there has to be something I’m doing wrong( you may be right the diet is just checking up to be and fucking up my BS)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity