over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

RIP Matt Porter. aka FutureFreak

Thank you Stewie.

According to the chapter books he is at University of New England.

About the author:

**broken link removed**

I think the conclusion is past heart/health issues exacerbated by current gear use/lifestyle changes.

That may be the “assumption” but certainly not the conclusion. Without the autopsy report, we are all just guessing. Don’t mis-inform people.

That may be the “assumption” but certainly not the conclusion. Without the autopsy report, we are all just guessing. Don’t mis-inform people.

Whoever reads this, PLEASE READ THE WHOLE THING

I’m not directing this only at you and don’t take it the wrong way, I don’t want anyone to take it the wrong way but it’s annoying already, I’ve seen a bunch of posts on this thread resembling this one;

Not trying to say anything bad about Matt or add drama to this thread but c’mon guys, a lot of you are sounding so fucking ridiculous...

A couple guys who are well known on this board who I dare say have some of the best work ethic bar none in bodybuilding say they MAINTAIN on TRT and everyone loses their shit, yet you guys believe Matt Porter all of a sudden jumps damn near 40lbs of muscle in recent months on TRT and think his death is just “bad luck” and “can be any of us” or some freak misdiagnosed “accident.”

Get real guys, not only did his wife admit publicly he had an addiction but he himself has stated this MANY times and not only that but I DONT CARE WHAT YOUR GENETICS ARE, UNLESS YOU HAVE A GENETIC HEART DEFECT/DISEASE THAT IS DIAGNOSED AT BIRTH; ITS NOT NORMAL TO HAVE HEART FAILURE AT 27-28 YEARS OLD!!

The guy had heart failure in his late 20’s, has admitted addiction issues with what’s involved in this sport (and god knows what else, but of course everyone wants to believe he was perfect and healthy and never lied about dosages or anything else) and then starts doing multiple compound experiments (again, you guys believe what you want about the dosages and durations) and then jumps up like 30-40lbs LEAN and dies at 34 years old?!

I think we can all have a pretty good guess as to why/how he died.. It’s not a fucking accident and it’s not normal to die at 34... So yea, while “anything can happen, it could be anyone”, the laws of physics also state that an asteroid can come down and hit anyone of us in the face at any time or you can have a jumping chimp on a typewriter perfectly write out Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare.... But what are the odds of that happening? :rolleyes:

Do I think he’s a bad person? ABSOLUTELY NOT! I think he was a great and I was a fan of his videos etc... Is it sad? Hell yes and I wish his family nothing but the best but guys need to be honest and realistic and put things together and not just say “oh well it happens, it could be anyone” etc because I think THAT is misinformation...

I hope no one takes this the wrong way, but I’m tired of seeing things like this and people just brushing it off like it’s just some bad luck..

Last edited:

I’m not directing this only at you and don’t take it the wrong way, I don’t want anyone to take it the wrong way but it’s annoying already, I’ve seen a bunch of posts on this thread resembling this one;

Not trying to say anything bad about Matt or add drama to this thread but c’mon guys, a lot of you are sounding so fucking ridiculous...

A couple guys who are well known on this board who I dare say have some of the best work ethic bar none in bodybuilding say they MAINTAIN on TRT and everyone loses their shit, yet you guys believe Matt Porter all of a sudden jumps damn near 40lbs of muscle in recent months on TRT and think his death is just “bad luck” and “can be any of us” or some freak misdiagnosed “accident.”

Get real guys, not only did his wife admit publicly he had an addiction but he himself has stated this MANY times and not only that but I DONT CARE WHAT YOUR GENETICS ARE, UNLESS YOU HAVE A GENETIC HEART DEFECT/DISEASE THAT IS DIAGNOSED AT BIRTH; ITS NOT NORMAL TO HAVE HEART FAILURE AT 27-28 YEARS OLD!!

The guy had heart failure in his late 20’s, has admitted addiction issues with what’s involved in this sport (and god knows what else, but of course everyone wants to believe he was perfect and healthy and never lied about dosages or anything else) and then starts doing multiple compound experiments (again, you guys believe what you want about the dosages and durations) and then jumps up like 30-40lbs LEAN and dies at 34 years old?!

I think we can all have a pretty good guess as to why/how he died.. It’s not a fucking accident and it’s not normal to die at 34... So yea, while “anything can happen, it could be anyone”, the laws of physics also state that an asteroid can come down and hit anyone of us in the face at any time or you can have a jumping chimp on a typewriter perfectly write out Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare.... But what are the odds of that happening? :rolleyes:

Do I think he’s a bad person? ABSOLUTELY NOT! I think he was a great and I was a fan of his videos etc... Is it sad? Hell yes and I wish his family nothing but the best but guys need to be honest and realistic and put things together and not just say “oh well it happens, it could be anyone” etc because I think THAT is misinformation...

I hope no one takes this the wrong way, but I’m tired of seeing things like this and people just brushing it off like it’s just some bad luck..

i really dont understand the point of posts like this, a young guy died unexpectedly, why does it matter the cause?

more so this AA attitude is basically just the other side of the ignorant drug use coin.

death happens to everyone, just enjoy living, whatever your personal prefference on living may be, just do you.

no need for i told you so's at a funeral:naughty:

I completely understand your point...BUT...there are literally hundreds of thousands of BBers who have used, ARE using, more shit than Matt did and never had heart failure. THAT right there shows you a predisposition to something bad. It is literally exactly like smoking. Some people smoke a pack a day and get lung cancer in 5 years. Other smoke a pack a day or more and are fine for 20 years. Smoking is bad—itll kill you fast or itll kill you slow, so watch out. Alcohol is bad—itll kill you fast or itll kill you slow, so watch out. Gear usage is bad—itll kill you fast or itll kill you slow.

I do agree that these little experiments were probably not the best idea. At first it was getting back to decently big but lean...then it was "let me try this compound"...then it was lets do an offseason. I agree, that shit, at least to me was pouring gasoline on a fire. But his death, in my opinion, stems from the heart failure diagnosis years ago and that is 100% having a predisposition to some sort of cardiovascular disease. Regardless of all of this, there are both sides of the coin and I try to look at both with an open mind.

Last edited:
I completely understand your point...BUT...there are literally hundreds of thousands of BBers who have used, ARE using, more shit than Matt did and never had heart failure. THAT right there shows you a predisposition to something bad. It is literally exactly like smoking. Some people smoke a pack a day and get lung cancer in 5 years. Other smoke a pack a day or more and are fine for 20 years. Smoking is bad—itll kill you fast or itll kill you slow, so watch out. Alcohol is bad—itll kill you fast or itll kill you slow, so watch out. Gear usage is bad—itll kill you fast or itll kill you slow.

I do agree that these little experiments were probably not the best idea. At first it was getting back to decently big but lean...then it was "let me try this compound"...then it was lets do an offseason. I agree, that shit, at least to me was pouring gasoline on a fire. But his death, in my opinion, stems from the heart failure diagnosis years ago and that is 100% having a predisposition to some sort of cardiovascular disease. Regardless of all of this, there are both sides of the coin and I try to look at both with an open mind.

No I 100% agree and understand, I’m not saying everyone is the same at all... And there’s tons of guys who also have predispositions to tons of other things and are on AAS/GH and aren’t dying so young either..

But yes my point is more like you said; pouring gas on a fire...

Calling it an accident or “life happens” is just ridiculous and stupid though..

I know people who lived life and had fun and did rec drugs and got out of it, I also know people who couldn’t handle it and died young.. Dying young from an OD isn’t just “life happening” and oops better luck next time...

That’s essentially what some guys are saying on here...

Your legs must be tired from standing on the soap box so long.

Remind me again where you went to med school?

i really dont understand the point of posts like this, a young guy died unexpectedly, why does it matter the cause?

more so this AA attitude is basically just the other side of the ignorant drug use coin.

death happens to everyone, just enjoy living, whatever your personal prefference on living may be, just do you.

no need for i told you so's at a funeral:naughty:

You clearly didn’t read a thing.. I’m not telling people what to do, I’m just speaking the truth about what most likely happened and connected the dots..

And this thread isn’t his funeral..

But yea man, let’s just all do a bunch of coke and whatever we want since none of it is bad for you, it’s just life...

Listen bro, Hunter S. Thompson lived and died, left his mark... There was only one and will ever be ONE of him... Relax with your bullshit already.. I didn’t say anything bad..

Your legs must be tired from standing on the soap box so long.

Remind me again where you went to med school?

Where did I make that claim?

All I said was, connect the dots...

But apparently in this forum, and in your ignorant lives, it’s just normal and bad luck for people to die at 34... Nothing causes it.. It’s not the consequences of any actions..

I’m done replying in this thread... You all can believe and do what you want...

Where did I make that claim?

All I said was, connect the dots...

But apparently in this forum, and in your ignorant lives, it’s just normal and bad luck for people to die at 34... Nothing causes it.. It’s not the consequences of any actions..

I’m done replying in this thread... You all can believe and do what you want...

Most people caught up in this thing have to learn the lesson first hand before it sinks in.

Yes. GENETIC HEART DEFECT/DISEASE THAT IS DIAGNOSED AT BIRTH; ITS NOT NORMAL TO HAVE HEART FAILURE AT 27-28 YEARS OLD.

I think anyone who knows of Matt and his lifestyle, and now of his unfortunate demise, will "connect the dots" enough to understand that his lifestyle most likely contributed to his death. And that is really all we need to know, and it is so obvious that we probably don't need to discuss it, at least until the time when an autopsy report has been released, or the family has made clear the cause of death. And if that doesn't become public information, then just the fact that this lifestyle is not as safe as one that is exactly the same, minus the gear, should be enough for us all to take pause. But speculating, especially in order to make ourselves feel better about our own decisions, is not really helpful to anyone anyway. All of this talk is about his heart, when his close friend Dante posted early on that it was a PE that he suspected. So until we know for sure, it's a shame that a bright young father is no longer with us. RIP

Key word in all of this “guess”... I am not implying that PED usage or bodybuilding lifestyle didn’t contribute to his death. What I am implying is that “guessing” isn’t helping anything. We all have our own ideas but without “proof” they are just that, ideas.

If you really want to get into it, the post his wife wrote said that he had a mass on his lungs, not that his lungs were filled with fluid. This suggests a pulmonary embolism, not pulmonary edema associated with congestive heart failure. I won’t pretend to know what caused this or that this is even what lead to his death. All I am saying is to not spread assumptions when the reality is you are just “guessing”. Connect the dots all you want, you don’t know shit until an autopsy report is made available.

A couple guys who are well known on this board who I dare say have some of the best work ethic bar none in bodybuilding say they MAINTAIN on TRT and everyone loses their shit, yet you guys believe Matt Porter all of a sudden jumps damn near 40lbs of muscle in recent months on TRT and think his death is just “bad luck” and “can be any of us” or some freak misdiagnosed “accident..

Rachel said:

He went off everything (if you follow him you know this) then started TRT doses and did do experiments on single compounds, which I wish he didn’t but this was such an addiction for him.

Blood clots can form in the heart when the rhythm is bad, and then those can travel to the lungs. Another reason I take Warfarin.

Man I hate talking about this....but now I feel I must.
Ive seen alot of bloodwork in my time....I kind of know the deal on what the bloodwork says and what someone is using and if they are telling me the truth. {In fact i just had two situations where trainers asked me to look over their trainees bloodwork and I flat out told them "they are lying to you, no way this would look like this and that would look like that" They arent telling you the truth" ..... I looked over all of Matts bloodwork for the last 4 years. It corresponded with exactly what he was taking. He was pretty much taking singular compounds but mainly test and gh. He tried primo, he tried a couple low dose orals, he tried very very low dose tren....at different times...but basically lower dose test and gh. Every time he tried something he would test it out with bloodwork and nix it if bloodwork came back at all negative....He went up and down with the test dosage, from 170 to 300 to 400 and back down and i think he tried 500mg once if i remember right for "a not very long time".....thats what he was doing. He got echo's and visited a cardiologist every 6 months. Things on that front were fine. His symptoms scream of a pulmonary embolism. A spot on lungs on a scan about a month ago, labored breathing for 3-4 weeks, feeling like crap, tired, some pain in chest cavity. Ive talked to Rachel about this and told her this is what I (at this time) feel happened. There is a little bit more to this in the equation but im going to reserve it to myself (and a couple close friends I have on this board). There will not be an autopsy. And I know everyone is curious but ask the question of yourself if the person you loved dearly died....its hard to let them go and you are distraught....do you really want them cut up and dissected at that point? They are gone. Its a tough situation....

We talked in length that he will be surprised greatly about the size he can hold on lower dose test and gh and he was shocked...and he especially thanked me for driving that into his head.....because it made him put so much more effort into training and eating correctly (whereas he said back in the day he felt he wasnt training correctly to gain muscle mass).....he started training progressively. Pulmonary Embolism is what I believe happened (and now I am seeing various doctors and med students concurring with me on that front) ....until i see something otherwise.

Last edited:
Ive seen alot of bloodwork in my time....I kind of know the deal on what the bloodwork says and what someone is using and if they are telling me the truth. {In fact i just had two situations where trainers asked me to look over their trainees bloodwork and I flat out told them "they are lying to you, no way this would look like this and that would look like that" They arent telling you the truth" ..... I looked over all of Matts bloodwork for the last 4 years. It corresponded with exactly what he was taking. He was pretty much taking singular compounds but mainly test and gh. He tried primo, he tried a couple low dose orals, he tried very very low dose tren....at different times...but basically lower dose test and gh. Every time he tried something he would test it out with bloodwork and nix it if bloodwork came back at all negative....He went up and down with the test dosage, from 170 to 300 to 400 and back down and i think he tried 500mg once if i remember right for "a not very long time".....thats what he was doing. He got echo's and visited a cardiologist every 6 months. Things on that front were fine. His symptoms scream of a pulmonary embolism. A spot on lungs on a scan about a month ago, labored breathing for 3-4 weeks, feeling like crap, tired, some pain in chest cavity. Ive talked to Rachel about this and told her this is what I (at this time) feel happened. There is a little bit more to this in the equation but im going to reserve it to myself (and a couple close friends I have on this board). There will not be an autopsy. And I know everyone is curious but ask the question of yourself if the person you loved dearly died....its hard to let them go and you are distraught....do you really want them cut up and dissected at that point? They are gone. Its a tough situation....

We talked in length that he will be surprised greatly about the size he can hold on lower dose test and gh and he was shocked...and he especially thanked me for driving that into his head.....because it made him put so much more effort into training and eating correctly (whereas he said back in the day he felt he wasnt training correctly to gain muscle mass).....he started training progressively. Pulmonary Embolism is what I believe happened (and now I am seeing various doctors and med students concurring with me on that front) ....until i see something otherwise.

Thank you.

It certainly sounds like a PE

Ironically, I've been saying for years how we never really hear about PEs in bodybuilders much and that always shocked me. They're doing hundreds of injections per year, often site enhancement, often without aspirating. There's just no way in hell they're not occasionally injecting into vessels accidentally, and yet we almost never hear of PEs. It really shocks me.

The above is why I've tried to talk myself into SEO use being OK for me in the future, as a PE is really the only thing that concerns me with that. But now we have another very real example of it happening.

Ok, I understand what you’re saying..

And surely you don’t believe that his PE or whatever the cause, was something that “just happened” or “could be any of us” or “bad luck” at 34 years old?

My simple point was, regardless of the cause; things don’t “just happen”, we’ve seen the proof of that dozens of times on this very board...

I 100% believe we’re in charge of our own destiny...

Ok, I understand what you’re saying..

And surely you don’t believe that his PE or whatever the cause, was something that “just happened” or “could be any of us” or “bad luck” at 34 years old?

My simple point was, regardless of the cause; things don’t “just happen”, we’ve seen the proof of that dozens of times on this very board...

I 100% believe we’re in charge of our own destiny...

That is a very simply minded world view with severe limitations.

Not to say in this particular case Matt couldn't have acted in a way to prevent this. But it also doesn't sound like he was being more reckless than other bodybuilders.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws