over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

RIP Matt Porter. aka FutureFreak

That is a very simply minded world view with severe limitations.

Not to say in this particular case Matt couldn't have acted in a way to prevent this. But it also doesn't sound like he was being more reckless than other bodybuilders.

That’s your opinion brother, and I respect that..

But let’s analyze and be realistic.. He was diagnosed with heart failure very young (from AAS abuse and genetic predispositions I’m sure)... Had high blood pressure untreated for years... Had an alleged family history of health issues... Decided to be 260lbs+ at about what, 5’9?

I think his use, regardless of how responsible after all of that (and that’s what was made public) contributed to what happened...

I mean, Maldorf is a guy with a similar situation, he says so himself that if he would’ve just stayed natural or on low dose LEGIT TRT after his 1st diagnosis of cardiomyopathy, he would’ve had a normal life... And I believe this is confirmed by his doctors as well but he can come and confirm that himself...

Every decision has a consequence and I don’t believe for one second that if he would’ve just stayed natural or legit TRT at a healthy weight etc that he would’ve died anyway at 34...

Edit: Everyone is different, so can’t really compare him and other bodybuilders and what they do, so say a lot of people on this board who give guys shit who post about health and that some guys can have perfect bloodwork on Tren etc... There’s many posts like that in here.. But what I do believe is that he had a warning that his body had enough and he didn’t listen... This wasn’t some freak accident...

Last edited:
Man I hate talking about this....but now I feel I must.
Ive seen alot of bloodwork in my time....I kind of know the deal on what the bloodwork says and what someone is using and if they are telling me the truth. {In fact i just had two situations where trainers asked me to look over their trainees bloodwork and I flat out told them "they are lying to you, no way this would look like this and that would look like that" They arent telling you the truth" ..... I looked over all of Matts bloodwork for the last 4 years. It corresponded with exactly what he was taking. He was pretty much taking singular compounds but mainly test and gh. He tried primo, he tried a couple low dose orals, he tried very very low dose tren....at different times...but basically lower dose test and gh. Every time he tried something he would test it out with bloodwork and nix it if bloodwork came back at all negative....He went up and down with the test dosage, from 170 to 300 to 400 and back down and i think he tried 500mg once if i remember right for "a not very long time".....thats what he was doing. He got echo's and visited a cardiologist every 6 months. Things on that front were fine. His symptoms scream of a pulmonary embolism. A spot on lungs on a scan about a month ago, labored breathing for 3-4 weeks, feeling like crap, tired, some pain in chest cavity. Ive talked to Rachel about this and told her this is what I (at this time) feel happened. There is a little bit more to this in the equation but im going to reserve it to myself (and a couple close friends I have on this board). There will not be an autopsy. And I know everyone is curious but ask the question of yourself if the person you loved dearly died....its hard to let them go and you are distraught....do you really want them cut up and dissected at that point? They are gone. Its a tough situation....

We talked in length that he will be surprised greatly about the size he can hold on lower dose test and gh and he was shocked...and he especially thanked me for driving that into his head.....because it made him put so much more effort into training and eating correctly (whereas he said back in the day he felt he wasnt training correctly to gain muscle mass).....he started training progressively. Pulmonary Embolism is what I believe happened (and now I am seeing various doctors and med students concurring with me on that front) ....until i see something otherwise.

A PE was my guess on this as well...but it was just a guess. I didn't know Matt like many others did. As to what other factors were involved, probably only a few of you would know, if there was anything at all. The autopsy thing is a real factor to consider when it comes to loved ones, as we went through it with my mom when she passed away...ended up not doing it. These autopsies are different depending on what county and state you live in too, and are usually not performed unless really needed.

DC, in your opinion, did his problems stem from a genetic disposition and exasperated by his use (not saying abuse)? Prolonged high blood pressure?

If you can't answer I understand.

Last edited:
My sincerest condolences to his friends and family.

It's unfortunate that there was no autopsy performed. I can understand that his close ones don't want to be confronted with certainties about the cause of death. This way, everyone can tell themselves that it was just a twist of fate and that there was nothing that could have been done.

Given that there is some speculation already, here is my take. The diagnosis of a pulmonary embolism does not really fit the events that lead to his death, and statistically speaking it is rather unlikely. To me the most likely scenario is sudden cardiac death (i.e. a fatal arrhythmia).

Sudden cardiac death is the largest cause of natural death in the United States, causing about 325,000 adult deaths in the United States each year. Sudden cardiac death is responsible for half of all heart disease deaths.
Sudden cardiac death occurs most frequently in adults in their mid-30s to mid-40s, and affects men twice as often as it does women.
https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diseases/17522-sudden-cardiac-death-sudden-cardiac-arrest

As pointed out in the above article, SCD is a frequent cause of death in males in their 30s, whether they are athletes or not. Hence, no one can say whether or not Matt's PED use and bodybuilding lifestyle caused the incident. Had he downsized and had he stuck to true TRT dosages, he may also have died of this cause.

That being said, there are certain risk factors that increase the likelihood of SCD occuring. Matt's history of heart failure, AAS use, high body weight and concentric LVH (due to a combination of exercise, body weight and AAS use), massively increased his risk of suffering from SCD. Matt had control over all of those lifestyle factors (except his history), so it is his choices that lead him to be at an elevated risk of death.

Especially the incident described by his wife about a cold drink throwing him into atrial fibrillation should have been a wake-up call, for both him and his doctors. An ICD could have saved his life. Then again, I don't know what his doctors told him, and the fact that there was no autopsy (and thus no legal case for medical malpractice), I'm inclined to think that some of their suggestions fell on deaf ears.

Another possibility is that of myocarditis, which can lead to sudden cardiac death as well. It sounds like Matt had chronic lung infections, which is a risk factor of course, especially if combined with strenuous exercise.

Whatever the cause in this case, we need to remember that, especially if you have a (family) history of cardiac disease, you need to get frequent examinations by your cardiologist, both ECGs and echos. Blood work alone is not enough. And you need to be willing to pull the plug on the bodybuilding lifestyle and be willing to undergo surgery (ICD implant or ablations) if needed. Otherwise you are rolling the dice. If someone is single and wants to take risks, that's their deal. But as a family man, you have to know better.

Last edited:
My sincerest condolences to his friends and family.

It's unfortunate that there was no autopsy performed. I can understand that his close ones don't want to be confronted with certainties about the cause of death. This way, everyone can tell themselves that it was just a twist of fate and that there was nothing that could have been done.

Given that there is some speculation already, here is my take. The diagnosis of a pulmonary embolism does not really fit the events that lead to his death, and statistically speaking it is rather unlikely. To me the most likely scenario is sudden cardiac death (i.e. a fatal arrhythmia).

https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diseases/17522-sudden-cardiac-death-sudden-cardiac-arrest

As pointed out in the above article, SCD is a frequent cause of death in males in their 30s, whether they are athletes or not. Hence, no one can say whether or not Matt's PED use and bodybuilding lifestyle caused the incident. Had he downsized and had he stuck to true TRT dosages, he may also have died of this cause.

That being said, there are certain risk factors that increase the likelihood of SCD occuring. Matt's history of heart failure, AAS use, high body weight and concentric LVH (due to a combination of exercise, body weight and AAS use), massively increased his risk of suffering from SCD. Matt had control over all of those lifestyle factors (except his history), so it is his choices that lead him to be at an elevated risk of death.

Especially the incident described by his wife about a cold drink throwing him into atrial fibrillation should have been a wake-up call, for both him and his doctors. An ICD could have saved his life. Then again, I don't know what his doctors told him, and the fact that there was no autopsy (and thus no legal case for medical malpractice), I'm inclined to think that some of their suggestions fell on deaf ears.

Another possibility is that of myocarditis, which can lead to sudden cardiac death as well. It sounds like Matt had chronic lung infections, which is a risk factor of course, especially if combined with strenuous exercise.

Whatever the cause in this case, we need to remember that, especially if you have a (family) history of cardiac disease, you need to get frequent examinations by your cardiologist, both ECGs and echos. Blood work alone is not enough. And you need to be willing to pull the plug on the bodybuilding lifestyle and be willing to undergo surgery (ICD implant or ablations) if needed. Otherwise you are rolling the dice. If someone is single and wants to take risks, that's their deal. But as a family man, you have to know better.

Things to note are;

75%+ of cases of SCD had previous heart attacks and heart disease.... No doubt lifestyle choices and genetic factors increase those odds as you stated...

But for people who see 325,000 cases and think “It really could happen to anyone” and “it just happens” etc..

325,000 is less than 0.1% of the US population and a couple hundred thousand of those people had some type of heart disease and others had combinations of things like lifestyle choices and genetics etc...

I would love to know the exact amount of those 325,000 that actually lived a healthy lifestyle with no previous history of any diseases and just had a genetic predisposition to certain risk factors...

ICD

I would have died now a good 6 times or more if it weren't for my ICD, Ive lost count.

It's been crickets man, only update that's been put out is that Matt's Funeral is next Friday June 14th. Apparently it was going to be private but Matt's wife decided to make it public. No updates on the cause of death yet, hopefully those close to him and his family will eventually pass on the information.

They for sure know the cause of death by this point, I doubt they are waiting around for a tox report for a guy who didn't do street drugs to figure it out. I can understand the families perspective of silence though, they just lost their son, father, brother, husband..... What do they really care about keeping us informed. We're all curious and their family member is dead. The way he died won't make any difference to them, and telling people how he died certainly won't bring him back or make their lives any easier.

I was just asking. There was no insinuation that they should* be making statements. Once again, I really liked Matt and had a lot of respect for him.

I just saw this, very very sad news! RIP.

If you really want to get into it, the post his wife wrote said that he had a mass on his lungs, not that his lungs were filled with fluid. This suggests a pulmonary embolism, not pulmonary edema associated with congestive heart failure.

CHF/cardiogenic pulmonary edema presents as a 'lung mass' by chest x-ray.

This blood pooling can quickly lead to a PE or any other catastrophic cardiovascular event.

I mean, Maldorf is a guy with a similar situation, he says so himself that if he would’ve just stayed natural or on low dose LEGIT TRT after his 1st diagnosis of cardiomyopathy, he would’ve had a normal life... And I believe this is confirmed by his doctors as well but he can come and confirm that himself...

Every decision has a consequence and I don’t believe for one second that if he would’ve just stayed natural or legit TRT at a healthy weight etc that he would’ve died anyway at 34...

Edit: Everyone is different, so can’t really compare him and other bodybuilders and what they do, so say a lot of people on this board who give guys shit who post about health and that some guys can have perfect bloodwork on Tren etc... There’s many posts like that in here.. But what I do believe is that he had a warning that his body had enough and he didn’t listen... This wasn’t some freak accident...

Agreed. On the flip side, AAS and HGH could have therapeutic benefit for some patients suffering from dilated cardiomyopathy (heart wall thinning).

To pretend steroids had nothing to do with his death is to simply stick one's head in the sand. Is there a 1% chance they were unrelated? Absolutely. There's also a 1% chance you're asleep right now and Matt didn't actually even die. But despite improbabilities, we all know what happens when someone with heart problems takes steroids. It's no mystery. That being said, his death is unfortunate. Prayers for his family, especially the wife and children.

Here's what bothers me about not having an autopsy. Not only are you left guessing what killed your loved one, you just need to make up an answer and or search for the answer for the rest of your life. I have had close family members of mine die and all of them had an autopsy. The obvious bennifit, I know what a medical professional thinks caused the death, so the closure I need to move on is mine.

The most important thing about having an autopsy done, my family medical history, that I would never had known, because my grandfather and dad did not die of natural causes, so I would not be able to ever tell a doctor, that something does or does not run in my family. Because I opted to have autopsies performed, I am lucky enough to know what my organs and heart will possibly look like down the road. My grandfather died at 80 and my father at 46, and I know every detail of every organ inside of their bodies at two significant points in time. Granted, family history doesn't mean I my self am going to be exactly like they were, but I do now know everything I possibly need to know about my future potential for genetic predisposition to health issues that can be passed down over generations.

It's unfortunate, to not have that information, especially when Matt left a son behind. As for the suggestions of PE, I am skeptical. I took a close friend to the hospital before who ended up getting diagnosed with PE, that hospital visit wasn't a take an x-ray and call you in a week visit, that was hospital admission, and immediate administration of blood thinners. If the doctor who took the scan of Matt's chest concluded that the image was inconclusive of an pneumonia, wouldn't you think that the doctor, knowing his health history would weigh on the side of caution, and run more tests or dig deeper for an answer asides from who knows?

I personally can't wrap my head around the negligence, of this doctor and their nurse's. If someone went into a hospital or doctor's office, with the symptoms he had, than had a chest x-ray taken, which had an image show up in the lungs, conclusive or inconclusive, doesn't matter, the sheer presence of an object in the lungs along with his reason for being there and let's not forget his previous medical history. All of this should have prompted any decent doctor or nurse to admit him and do further testing. And now, that no autopsy was performed, the negligent doctor/doctor's who pushed him away are free to go about doing the same shit to other people.

Who knows the whole story now. It would be nice to know the doctor's that pushed him away though, at least people who live in that area would be able to actively avoid their negligent medical care, especially since they are now free from any repercussions of negligent care to a patient.

Last edited:
... I’m just stunned. I don’t know what to say. I watched his YouTube regularly. Felt like I knew him.

Rachael was always with him. This will be hard on her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It would have been a good thing to do a DNA test on Matt to see if he had any genetic clotting conditions. His children can still be tested though, and that is what is important now. I hope their mother has them tested.

After I had my clot I got tested and then had my whole family tested. One of my daughters inherited my trait. What that means for her now practically is that she should not take traditional birth control pills that contain estrogen. I guess there are some out there that are progesterone only.

If I had a boy it would mean that he shouldn't take any hormones either, so no steroids.

It would have been a good thing to do a DNA test on Matt to see if he had any genetic clotting conditions. His children can still be tested though, and that is what is important now. I hope their mother has them tested.

After I had my clot I got tested and then had my whole family tested. One of my daughters inherited my trait. What that means for her now practically is that she should not take traditional birth control pills that contain estrogen. I guess there are some out there that are progesterone only.

If I had a boy it would mean that he shouldn't take any hormones either, so no steroids.

You mentioned you were taking warfarin, maldorf?

Anavar and warfarin: https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compound/oxandrolone#section=Interactions

Concurrent dosing of oxandrolone and warfarin may result in unexpectedly large increases in the International Normalized Ratio (INR) or PT. When oxandrolone is prescribed to patients being treated with warfarin, doses of warfarin may need to be decreased significantly to maintain a desirable INR level and diminish the risk of potentially serious bleeding.

You mentioned you were taking warfarin, maldorf?

Anavar and warfarin: https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compound/oxandrolone#section=Interactions

That would be a problem for me now if I was taking steroids, but Im only on testosterone injections. Been taking warfarin now for the past 10 years or so, after my heart attack. So I wasn't taking it before my heart attack, I didn't know about my clotting disorder.

Thanks for posting that though. I didn't know about that. Many things interact with warfarin, and I test my INR level once a month to make sure it is between 2 and 3.

CHF/cardiogenic pulmonary edema presents as a 'lung mass' by chest x-ray.

This blood pooling can quickly lead to a PE or any other catastrophic cardiovascular event.

Disagree. Pulmonary congestion is not similar in presentation on cxr to mass.

Disagree. Pulmonary congestion is not similar in presentation on cxr to mass.

Severe pulmonary sputum associated with CHF, could be perceived as a type of lung mass by chest x-ray. This potential ambiguity would therefore necessitate further testing (eg CT scan).

Last edited:

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost