over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Where have all the OG's gone?

IronLion2

Banned
So I read this site literally daily if you cant tell, I love this site, especially when I read posts from years back. I literally cant tell you how much info you can find by just indexing site=professionalmuscle on google (my one complaint about this forum is the search function is very poor.)

What bothers me is the difference in quality posts from then to now.... SO MANY BRILLIANT MINDS BACK WHEN, and now its the same garbage over and over.... I understand many have came and gone, few have passed on, and few have changed live styles. How do we make PM great again? To me it's like half the posts are just people trying to hear themselves speak, no primary objective, just blabber (You know who you are.)

I know BigA and the mods do a great job and they arent the ones to blame, i'm not sure any one or group of people is to blame. But I cant help but wonder how much more we can all learn if more of us shut up and let the OG's start talking again.

So this is my plea to the many brilliant minds that visit this site PLEASE SPEAK UP, PLEASE STATE YOUR EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE, SHARE THE WEALTH I BEG YOU MY MEASLY QUADRICEPS ARE VERY SMALL AND I NEED HELP.

And thank you to the many who have either stayed through out the years or have continued to come back. We all are very indebted to you and the info you continue to provide!

Last edited:
From my experience it sounds like youre having estrogenic sides. Nothing a bubble bath and some chamomile cannot resolve.

im here fren

Again I state, slice is not the hero we deserve, but the hero we need

From my experience it sounds like youre having estrogenic sides. Nothing a bubble bath and some chamomile cannot resolve.

You dont even know, today I failed to hit the target weight on OHP so I throw the bar and spit everywhere in disgust.

Last edited:
Quality of posts has definitely nose dived over the past 2-3 years, specifically. Really good discussions have been replaced by..."what's the best steroid for growth"?

New guys join all the time but the trend I'm seeing is something else entirely. Perhaps it's motivated by the Instagram/YouTube generation. Don't know for sure.

For many vets life gets in the way/takes over

i been here for over 12 years and its def changed. i think there is alot of reasons and none of them Big A's or and mod's faults.

perhaps its bc there is sooooo much information available and sooooo many questions have been answered whats left? ya kno... i remember after many many years of training and being a guru for competitors i just kinda stopped researching. i felt i knew everything about what WORKS. the things that work really havent changed much in 20+ years. i know cuz i started in all this 20 years ago.
the knowledge has been shared and shared and any post with a question could easily be answered with: use the search function.
internet, social media, google searches have changed the way and mount of information shared.
compare it to dan duchaines writings that were so precious to get a hold of now information like that is simply copy and pasted and anyone can find it with a google search. no need to ask questions, interact etc. "use search function brah"
i digress....
-F2S

For many vets life gets in the way/takes over

This I understand and accept, many who were once students are now coaches IE John Meadows and would be unwise to give away their wealth of knowledge. But still, where's the next wave of educated members? Whoring away on Instagram I suppose.

i been here for over 12 years and its def changed. i think there is alot of reasons and none of them Big A's or and mod's faults.

perhaps its bc there is sooooo much information available and sooooo many questions have been answered whats left? ya kno... i remember after many many years of training and being a guru for competitors i just kinda stopped researching. i felt i knew everything about what WORKS. the things that work really havent changed much in 20+ years. i know cuz i started in all this 20 years ago.
the knowledge has been shared and shared and any post with a question could easily be answered with: use the search function.
internet, social media, google searches have changed the way and mount of information shared.
compare it to dan duchaines writings that were so precious to get a hold of now information like that is simply copy and pasted and anyone can find it with a google search. no need to ask questions, interact etc. "use search function brah"
i digress....
-F2S

This is also something I've come to grips with, "Whats left to talk about." But we cant honestly believe every stone has been overturned and there's clearly no BS being spewed still? While the internet over the past 5 years has yielded much more quality content than prior, it's still a cesspool which is why I mainly stick to this forum. As social media grows IMO guys have became smaller, dumber, weaker, and more desperate.

I guess if anything i'm curious as to why there's only a few legit competitors on here as compared to several years back?

This I understand and accept, many who were once students are now coaches IE John Meadows and would be unwise to give away their wealth of knowledge. But still, where's the next wave of educated members? Whoring away on Instagram I suppose.

Agreed, 15yrs ago there wasn't the million different"experts"running gear podcasts, tons of websites/research guinea pigs like there is today

Finding someone who actually did a 2gram+ cycle or knew how to safely use insulin for example, you needed a(coach/pro etc.)...nowadays there's self made experts in their early 20s doing so in every gym LOL

Many vets now have careers, families...bodybuilding is no longer a priority

This is also something I've come to grips with, "Whats left to talk about." But we cant honestly believe every stone has been overturned and there's clearly no BS being spewed still? While the internet over the past 5 years has yielded much more quality content than prior, it's still a cesspool which is why I mainly stick to this forum. As social media grows IMO guys have became smaller, dumber, weaker, and more desperate.

I guess if anything i'm curious as to why there's only a few legit competitors on here as compared to several years back?

good question.... some of em have died.... BigBapper, Chris250, Big KIWI, Matt Porter... some have gone weird Phil Hernon:D
But yeah ya dont hear much from SHELBY or LENNY or even Mountain Dog much anymore.... prob cuz speaking to social media they reach a far broader audience than speaking to a bbing website community. i dont do instagram i dont follow any bb'ers facebook pages etc so the only interaction i would have with those top guys is on here. so i do miss it.

prob only time i ever found myself on instagram was to look at some hot as fuck fitness chick with an ass for days:love::D:headbang:
-F2S

Social media has to do with this. Social media is a perfect example of the current society mind set - instant gratification with no attention span.
All those people that "like" a different bodybuilder's photo every half a second on Instagram - do you think they would have the attention span to come to a forum such as this and read posts, threads and absorb the information?

I have over 100k followers on my IG. All I do is post photos of my cars. No useful or technical info. And even those followers, sometimes ask me if I own a certain car and I am thinking "WTF - just scroll down through my feed and you'll find tons of photos of that particular car! Surely, you can't be THAT lazy!".

This basically just summarises today's society in general. Look how strong the leftard movement is because it caters to this.

Social media has to do with this. Social media is a perfect example of the current society mind set - instant gratification with no attention span.
All those people that "like" a different bodybuilder's photo every half a second on Instagram - do you think they would have the attention span to come to a forum such as this and read posts, threads and absorb the information?

I have over 100k followers on my IG. All I do is post photos of my cars. No useful or technical info. And even those followers, sometimes ask me if I own a certain car and I am thinking "WTF - just scroll down through my feed and you'll find tons of photos of that particular car! Surely, you can't be THAT lazy!".

This basically just summarises today's society in general. Look how strong the leftard movement is because it caters to this.

100% Agree Big A

Nobody wants to start at the bottom and work to the top they want to start at the top.

Big A nailed it. I've been on these forums since 95/96, and once social media came out, it slowly attracted people toward it...more than I would have expected, but that is 100% the reality.

I love this place, I'm not going anywhere :love:

There are still tonnes of great members. However it's obvious to see the difference over the last few years. As posted above it's due to social media and specifically IG. Then comes life and some of the guys getting older and their priorities changing. Every generation states the youth of today is this and that but it really is more true now. Social media has made such a big impact on the behaviour of people today. Instant gratification and not wanting to work but earn a lot of money... taking the easy route.

Some member don't post much on here as they simply can make more money and reach more people on IG etc. These days if you want a big name for yourself in this industry you need to be on social media. Loads of bb's don't even copmpete but are huge names in the industry simple for promoting themselves on IG. Many also have no loyalty and some ex members from this site act like it never existed probably due to fear of people looking up their past drug posts.

It's a strange world we live in and even away from BB it's littered with thousands of people with online fame who otherwise would have done nothing in life. There are still many great posters you just have to go through the many nonsense ones first.

Many guys still lurk though as do many others but don't post to avoid the 101 drug questions and constant pm's from guys wanting every last detail but never even end up executing the basics.

True

It's definitely not the same as it was in my first stint here in 2003. I think BigA is spot on with his assessment. But it's still the best bodybuilding forum there is so I'm not complaining :)

Many also have no loyalty and some ex members from this site act like it never existed
This is what pisses me off the most. SO many asked for help and favours when they were nobody's and afterwards, when they asked, even something as simple ss a plug or aknowlegement, they turn their backs.

Used to post more... IMO quality of the members has definitely nosedived.... I also find that even though i'm the only Mens Physique IFBB Pro on here I find it best to just keep my mouth shut...this is a BODYBUILDING site and no matter what i've achieved i'll always be somewhat looked down on... so I just zip it and read.....But I'll never leave...I've learned TONS on here..

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131