over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

More Bloodwork for my Kidney Paranoia

I think a Large part of the bb'ing community suffers from Some form of hypochondria, myself included. No one wants to die early from gear use, yet we still use gear at doses that are going to be detrimental in the long run.

It's the paradox of bodybuilding.

It is. That part interests me...where the tipping point is for most. I think it’s why note guys have gone the trt (give or take) route but those are often guys in my shoes ie 35+, don’t compete etc etc

I’d be mind f*cked if I was still trying to compete.

We all handle stress differently... Talking to a professional may help clear the air, give yourself some credit for recognizing you have an issue and taking steps to improve yourself.

do you eat a lot of red meat ?

A good bit but my creatinine has always been elevated more so from my ACEi the past 9 years.

It’s why we rely on the ACR test and Cystatin C with me. That said with the impact thyroid dysfunction has on CystC and hgh we also have to take that into consideration.

We all handle stress differently... Talking to a professional may help clear the air, give yourself some credit for recognizing you have an issue and taking steps to improve yourself.

Touché. I may have many faults but I try to be self reflective and recognize them. Thanks sir.

Many years ago, like 15 or 20, I was afraid to sleep and have a cardiac arrest. It was stupid like shit, meaningless, but I guess it was some anxiety.

This type of threads makes this a great board to be.:headbang:

I have that fear, but it is real, or at least it would be if it weren't for my defibrillator.

Guy, I would love to have your kidney numbers. My creatinine just went down from 1.94 to 1.74 and eGFR went up from 39 to 44, I was happy as shit. I am leaking protein at 2+. My nephrologist is not even concerned much.
People have mentioned professional help, I think that is good advice.

Guy, I would love to have your kidney numbers. My creatinine just went down from 1.94 to 1.74 and eGFR went up from 39 to 44, I was happy as shit. I am leaking protein at 2+. My nephrologist is not even concerned much.
People have mentioned professional help, I think that is good advice.

Right on. All this fuss is what made my nephrologist tell me he won’t see me again. He is a good dude we are friends but he essentially said I need a therapist not kidney tests.

The morale of the story is that creatinine tests and the estimation of GFR using creatinine-based formulae are inaccurate measures of kidney function in bodybuilders. Quite an important message really, I've seen a few people freak out needlessly when creatinine levels come back slightly elevated.

https://www.ucsf.edu/news/2010/12/98220/new-test-can-predict-complications-kidney-disease

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2390952/

Definitely true. Hell if you go to bodybuilding .com there are literally hundreds of threads of 16-24 year old natural guys saying “creatinine at 1.4 doc says I’m in stage 3 kidney failure please help!?!?”

Back when I first starting getting bloodwork 15 years ago I remember going there thinking either 75% of anyone in fitness is dying of ESRD or something is off here.

The morale of the story is that creatinine tests and the estimation of GFR using creatinine-based formulae are inaccurate measures of kidney function in bodybuilders. Quite an important message really, I've seen a few people freak out needlessly when creatinine levels come back slightly elevated.

https://www.ucsf.edu/news/2010/12/98220/new-test-can-predict-complications-kidney-disease

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2390952/

The only thing I’d say to watch for with CystC in the enhanced community is two of the things outside of GFR that impact it the most are thyroid dysfunction/thyroid medication and hgh.

For me personally I take 150mcg of levothyroxine a day...a good amount which is prescribed due to thyroid dysfunction. While my thyroid numbers are stable my nephrologist did tell me being on that amount will make it run 5-10% high.

Then...add to it I’m on 20mgs of lisinopril and that drives my creatinine up around 15% (at first it was about 25% from lisinopril then came down).

I think this is why kidney stuff is stressful...many of the main tests are ambiguous and depend or can be altered by factors other than GFR.

One other friendly tip my nephrologist said is when he has seen bodybuilder types have issues they had f*cked lipid profiles and uric acid through the roof. Obviously those are not primary kidney markers but he just likes to look at the whole picture. Basically he said they all around had jacked bloodwork. The exception being one strongman he saw with IGA nephropathy. I don’t know anything about it my doc just said it’s all about genes and hereditary and it’s an auto immune disease you can’t prevent if you are going to get it.

All that said he likes to pull morning and random ACR tests as the first line with basic bloods.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws