over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What do you think

Harry1

Registered
Need some tips ladies/gents

Been training regularly now for about 5 years having issues with fat gains. I have gained a small amount of muscle over the years i only supplemented with synthetine and syntheselen but mainly synthetine as i wanted to get rid of the fat. My damn body refuses to change and I'm mentally frustrated now and need to nail what the cause is so i can work to progress. Im not going in to the full history but i will list the important stuff so you can get a better understanding of my training and diet. I am not a bodybuilder i enjoy it a lot and i just want a decent lean look.

Starting weight
252 pounds (4/5 years ago)
153 pounds (skinny fat)
183 pounds (after bulking late 2018)

TRAINING SPLIT
I was doing the following split for a few years (i usually train fasted)

*20 min fasted cardio before training followed by

Mon - Chest
Tue - back
Wed - legs
Thurs - shoulders
Fri - bi's / tri's
Sat - 40/45 cardio only
Sun - Off

I have since changed this and I am now as of April 2019 following a 5x5 type of workout (ABA following week BAB). I do feel I'm gaining strength and again I train fasted.

*15 min cardio before weight training followed by

Mon - squats, incline chest press, flies, barbell rows

Tue - 40/45 min cardio only

Wed - military press (over head press), standing lateral raise, face pulls, dead lift

Thurs - 40/45 min cardio only

Fri - same as monday

Sat - 40/45 min cardio only

Sun - Off

DIET
(I usually eat after training)

I eat the following 6x a week and i have followed this for a few years only ever adjusting carb intake, Sunday I still eat a good amount of protein however I have a cheat meal and increase carbs. I only drink water.

Post training

Meal 1
4 whole eggs 2 egg whites with 1 toast at times white or brown bread no butter. Cup of tea with a dash of milk and teaspoon of honey.

Meal 2
200g skinless grilled chicken breast with some light seasoning, 120g brown rice

Meal 3
200g skinless grilled chicken breast with some light seasoning, 120g brown rice

(Sometimes i replace meal 3 with a can of tuna and a whole meal wrap or grilled fish and veg)

Meal 4
30g protein shake in water (20g protein 5g carbs)

WATER - 2.4/3 liters daily

SUPPLEMENTS
Taurine
L-Tyrosine
Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera)

I admit I lack in eating good fats but when I do it's usually Almonds, peanut butter, flax seeds, hazel nuts.

I want to get rid of my belly to a point where my abs are visible or lower my overall body fat.

Is training fasted not for me?

Should I up the carbs or replace with healthy fats and lower carbs?

Change my training split if so what is a good program to follow?

Im literally mentally frustrated, i can diet and loose weight but i still look like crap. I did try a bulk and gained some good size but the belly and love handles also grew, i ate clean and trained well and included cardio as mentioned above. I was considering running a cycle but never went ahead as i wanted to go as far as i could naturally

Would be grateful for input

Hello friend! Badass progress btw sir!! Seriously, your doing great things and being attentive to your health is an excellent approach. You've definitely got routine going and that's an huge step. Now, I'm not licensed expert but I will try and help in anyway I can...so, as for fats- i do know having good fats is definitely essential for health and can aid in a better/faster metabolism..i would suggest maybe adding some Mct oil in small amounts to your diet, aswell as maybe some "Black Cumin Seed Oil" which i had actually just mentioned in another post but its high in omegas as well as theobromine if my spelling is correct - many benefits please research an checkout👌 now, do you feel burnt out as far as your training goes...like mentally..Physically.?

Hello friend! Badass progress btw sir!! Seriously, your doing great things and being attentive to your health is an excellent approach. You've definitely got routine going and that's an huge step. Now, I'm not licensed expert but I will try and help in anyway I can...so, as for fats- i do know having good fats is definitely essential for health and can aid in a better/faster metabolism..i would suggest maybe adding some Mct oil in small amounts to your diet, aswell as maybe some "Black Cumin Seed Oil" which i had actually just mentioned in another post but its high in omegas as well as theobromine if my spelling is correct - many benefits please research an checkout👌 now, do you feel burnt out as far as your training goes...like mentally..Physically.?

Im mentally frustrated I guess as my stomach fat seems to not budge, in regards to the training i feel more exhausted and im contemplating if i should workout 5 days instead of 6. Im enjoying the training program and im seeing some changes muscle wise. As for the fat around the stomach and love handles its the same. I am a bit more stressed lately due to other issues so its possible its causing a bit of fatigue later on.

Whats your opinion on training on a empty stomach ?

Im open to using supplements however im prone to anxiety therefore stimulants trigger this of which is a shame as i used to enjoy a good cup of coffee pre workout.

I will definitely include some healthy fats and will research on the ones you have mentioned above

Thank you for your input it's greatly appreciated

Maybe consider a solid 7 days straight of rest out of the gym...maybe do some morning or evening walks or light cardio in a couple of those days, especially some fasted a.m. walks...but maybe a SOLID REST would do you well...as for fasted training, lol I'm a hard gainer from the beginning so I've learned that using pre/post Nutrition to my advantage and focusing on it has helped me grow alot so unless I'm real close to my show, I normally FUEL UP preworkout with quick carbs an such to keep ahead of depletion....and it sounds like your cortisol could be high possible brother... hmm...I wonder is some good ol "ERASE" ( a supplement) might do your program good.?... ill have to search and get the exact profile name but it's like ANDROST- 3,5....Something...but its in the natural realm or maybe a DHEA Metabolite I cant quit remember ATM, HOWEVER- I know that it will help lower your cortisol (stress hormone) as well as act as a mild anti estrogen in its mechanisms...also wanna recall that it can help with free test/shbg but now I'm gunna have to dig back into the research and studies to refresh my brain lol

Harry1- search "ARIMISTANE " ...Possible good addition to your program..?..

Harry1- search "ARIMISTANE " ...Possible good addition to your program..?..

I am using ashwagandha which lowers cortisol aswel and has many other health benefits. I will check out the product you mentioned. I feel i easily hold water or gain fat. At one point i could see my top abs but i was wasting away so I decided to up the cals, even though they are from good clean sources and the carbs are still below 150g a day i start to blow up like watery/fat. This is what is p*****g me off and i start to restrict calories again. But now im thinking if i gain as much mass/muscle as possible and then maybe cut ? A recomp is what im after and I understand you cant bulk and cut at the same time but surely there is something going on thats causing this fat to be so stubborn.

Is it possible that due to me restricting carbs I've become sensitive? If thats a thing

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear