over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Jordan Peters & Mike Israetel - Reps In Reserve

Perhaps a guru like hany would pay a jay cutler or Phil Heath to be mentioned as their coach versus the other way around...

I do know layne Norton says doing dead on leg day. But not to do deads and squats, one or the other.

his programming has
squats 3x a week
deads 2x
bench 3x
squats and deads on same day only once.

:star-wars
his programming has
squats 3x a week
deads 2x
bench 3x
squats and deads on same day only once.

Which routine is this? I do his phat routine, legs are 2x a week.

I don't know much about mike israetel, but he sounds like he knows what he is talking about. He verbally describes progressive overload (through increasing weekly volume) which is exactly what the old school Big Beyond Belief prescribed.

Does anyone have a quick like to any of Mike's sample workouts (bodypart split, days per week, rep range etc). I did a quick google search and nothing jumped out at me as being a basic blue print.

I see many of you like PPL, but are you hitting each muscle more than 1x per week? I hope not just training each body part 1x per week. Sure this could work over time as anything can, but I think its very sub optimal. All the reading I have done lately says the science definitely says that it is more optimal to train a muscle 2-3x per week.

I see many of you like PPL, but are you hitting each muscle more than 1x per week? I hope not just training each body part 1x per week. Sure this could work over time as anything can, but I think its very sub optimal. All the reading I have done lately says the science definitely says that it is more optimal to train a muscle 2-3x per week.

It works in a rotation.
So like:

Push
Pull
Off
Legs
Off
Repeat

So you're hitting everything twice every 5-6 days. At least thats how i run it. You can program it to hit your weakpoints too. Kinda like how John Jewett does. If you dont follow him and his training you definitely should.

been following on your site forever and the load and back off is quite simple to comprehend on when to add weights, obviously when you reach the top ends of those set rep ranges. However, what is your plan with this? You mention same weight across 4 sets. When will you increase the weight? if you can hit all 10 reps each of the 4 sets like in this example?

LOL , I have had one ebook for sale , since 2015 . Just one ... I took any of mine off in 2014 when I realised what others were doing and going ebook crazy. Rir is something I would NEVER sell, advise, or pass opinion on, as I have no idea it’s capabilities. Your post is so strange, it’s like you have legit made up a scenario in your head that doesn’t exist, i have trained the same way since forever. Anyways back to the topic.

So I defo can’t get any stronger to any real extent , 1.25s here and there just aren’t going to illicit any real change now, but mentally I’m defo not done yet trying to grow more. So with an rir approach , let’s use 4 sets as an example , I would use the same weight I currently lift for that given rep range but my goal is to say get as many reps as I can across 4 sets , if you absolutely bury yourself in set 1 , you can’t even really work the same rep range well again set 2 - this is where I started doing load and back off sets a long while ago.
On smaller moves it would be 3 sets as would load, then go heavier then back off. But let’s stick on the same weight across all 4 sets , if set 1 was 4 or 3 rir , set 2 was 3/2 rir , set 3 2/1 rir set 4 1/0 rir, you could probably nail the same reps each set , so let’s say 100 x 10/10/10/10 , 40 x 100 - total work is 40,000. You can’t accumulate that work if go 0 rir , it would be : 14/11/7/5 something like that so 37 , BUT with a shit load more fatigue which makes that approach unsustainable. So I will still do heavy work, still do work at 0/1rir , but just see how much work I can accumulate and see if that can grow more. Maybe it can , maybe I need those effective 0 rir reps always and there is something about them which has brought about the muscle.

Some do very well training most bodyparts once per week especially when trying to grow. I do agree with you though and a higher frequency is optimal in most circumstances.

It works in a rotation.
So like:

Push
Pull
Off
Legs
Off
Repeat

So you're hitting everything twice every 5-6 days. At least thats how i run it. You can program it to hit your weakpoints too. Kinda like how John Jewett does. If you dont follow him and his training you definitely should.

Exactly. When I follow a plan I still never have set days and just take a day off when I want/need. Although I will have a rough idea how many days I will train per week so it's not like I will do 3 days per week and will usually have a minimum amount of days in my head and will always adhere to that. Now if I am feeling good I may train 5 days in a row so nothing is set in stone. Right now I am not going crazy when I train so I could follow a high frequency and recover just fine. Although I will be turning up the intensity very soon so as a result I will make sure to have approx 2 rest days per week.

Perhaps a guru like hany would pay a jay cutler or Phil Heath to be mentioned as their coach versus the other way around...

It's well known that some have offered good drug supplies for big names to join them. Most will get free training and they help promote each other. Any "guru" who would pay an athlete for them to train must be desperate. Although it could make excellent financial sense as some athletes can literally double a coaches client applications and that's why many will message pro's who are out of contract or perhaps didn't do well at their last show. Some coaches are well known for trying to "steal" athletes. Some athletes have also literally created a coaches reputation to the point many pro's (and ordinary competitors) want to be trained by them just because they trained x pro.

Last edited:
He means 2 ALL OUT INTENSE sets. Not just..2 regular old sets.
Some people just don't like the uncomfortable feeling of pushing everything to the absolute max and know that this lift is treated like life or death. For those people, 3-4 sets of 85% probably work better and are suited for them.

Isn't it supposed that most of us who go to the gym are looking for failure in the last series of some exercise? if we count the exercises of a typical routine, one muscle per day, suppose with 5 exercises, there we already have at least 5 sets to failure.

Anyway I understand what you say, I tried to follow the same routine of JP 2015 (I still don't lift weights like most people here) but I ended up getting tired at week 9, but in those 9 weeks I progressed 5-15 kg by exercise in my 6-20m

As you guys know, Dr Scott is my go to. I have said many times that Scott is the one, when it comes to merging the science with the practicality , and we spoke a bit in brief last night ( Scott messaging me to make sure I don’t fuck up
And go full 3 rir for life haha) , and he liked the idea of potentially using a 4-3-2-1 or 3-2-1-0 approach to accumulate volume.
It’s been a while since we did a podcast so that would be fun to do, to discuss some stuff and get Scott’s insight into what maybe someone can do when they have reached terminal strength.

I totally agree that many guys will reach a level on any programme , but I don’t think I’m one of them, I have had to use a fair whack of gear, insulin, food, train like a lunatic , so I’m always looking for ways to optimise things , because I feel I have to. If I stopped training I would go from like 280
To 200 pounds basically overnight lol. So this type of discussion is fascinating . The people that think this type of discussion is re inventing the wheel, I pity your narrow mindedness

Excuse me for diverting the idea of ​​the post, but do you use or recommend download weeks? or simply remove one exercise for another?

Isn't it supposed that most of us who go to the gym are looking for failure in the last series of some exercise? if we count the exercises of a typical routine, one muscle per day, suppose with 5 exercises, there we already have at least 5 sets to failure.

Anyway I understand what you say, I tried to follow the same routine of JP 2015 (I still don't lift weights like most people here) but I ended up getting tired at week 9, but in those 9 weeks I progressed 5-15 kg by exercise in my 6-20m

dude I know JP doesn't set a planned ahead deload at say week whatever but even he would tell you that you should probably have done a deload by week 9, just saying. There's your problem.

Yes, 1-2 WORKING SETS per exercise. We are saying the same thing. Back days could be 4 exercises and 8 total hard working sets.

And about your JP training, you should've taken a reload. JP was just saying he and Corinne view training as, "fucked" and "proper fucked." hahah

When they are "proper fucked," you need a rest (probably due to CNS fatigue) and a light week. So many ways to handle that.

For about a year now, I've done MWF full body training with compound lifts. 15 total sets per workout. Never taking any sets to failure. Always 10-15 reps for everything, even deadlifts.

for example, 3 sets each of

flat DB press
squats
hex bar deadlifts
pull ups
military press

Other days I do cardio. either 6 minute mile, 10 minutes at 8.0 treadmill, or HIIT intervals. Always short

I don't look like Jordan Peters but I feel like I'm in the best shape I've ever been in

Last edited:
The more I think about this, the more I think rir should only be used by advanced people like jordan. How many people are going to go out and do all this fancy programming, worry about rir, when their form is subpar, they dont train intense enough, they are cheating on form etc? Most are better off focusing on good form still imo, even over progression. And focusing on actually working out and not socializing and checking their phone between sets.

Considering I know too much about both guys, and know one on a personal level...

Mike would be best for beginner to intermediate level physiques.

Jordan is better for intermediate to advanced.

I’m not willing to say anything more on here, but people above have made some very truthful comments. Take that for what it’s worth.

Yes, 1-2 WORKING SETS per exercise. We are saying the same thing. Back days could be 4 exercises and 8 total hard working sets.

And about your JP training, you should've taken a reload. JP was just saying he and Corinne view training as, "fucked" and "proper fucked." hahah

When they are "proper fucked," you need a rest (probably due to CNS fatigue) and a light week. So many ways to handle that.

Of course, what I do not understand is because before you said that one does not recover from these training (jp training) when I have seen people doing more than 10 series to the failure per session and progress (perhaps not in the most optimal way for sure!) you say by frequency maybe? (in jp training you play twice in the week while in the classical divisions you don't train the same until next week). It's not a criticism I had not understood the simple point, thanks for the info about deload

Considering I know too much about both guys, and know one on a personal level...

Mike would be best for beginner to intermediate level physiques.

Jordan is better for intermediate to advanced.

I’m not willing to say anything more on here, but people above have made some very truthful comments. Take that for what it’s worth.

with that being said what training style do you prefer or spent most of your career doing?

Of course, what I do not understand is because before you said that one does not recover from these training (jp training) when I have seen people doing more than 10 series to the failure per session and progress (perhaps not in the most optimal way for sure!) you say by frequency maybe? (in jp training you play twice in the week while in the classical divisions you don't train the same until next week). It's not a criticism I had not understood the simple point, thanks for the info about deload

I never said that a person can't recover from that. I even said that I made GREAT gains from JPs program this past offseason.

You have to listen to the Mike and JP podcast again and really listen to what they are saying. Mike's possible argument is that there IS A CHANCE that pushing to all out intensity and failure MIGHT be tougher to recover from (and maybe cause some CNS stress) than Mike's method. And once again, everyone's recovery abilities are completely individual.

I recently listened to Food Abiad's podcast interview with Justin Compton and JC said that at his prime, he was hitting 20-35 sets per workout AND recovering fine.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131