over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Labdoor legit?

qbkilla

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Anyone know any company or site that tests protein bars, and is unbiased? A quick google search brings up labdoor which claims quest is the best bar, but are they legit?

Overall not a fan of supplements but with gym, work, and school I'm going to need to scarf down a bar every now and then to get in my protein.

Outright bar by Lobliner. 2 scoops whey iso?

2 parts:

1. WHY would anyone want to test protein bars?
I understand the thought of testing protein powders, they are big part of BBer diets in terms of getting in large amounts of protein...but bars?

2. If you are THAT interested in the testing of the real nutritional info of bars....i would get a legit diet and NOT EAT protein bars.

2 parts:

1. WHY would anyone want to test protein bars?
I understand the thought of testing protein powders, they are big part of BBer diets in terms of getting in large amounts of protein...but bars?

2. If you are THAT interested in the testing of the real nutritional info of bars....i would get a legit diet and NOT EAT protein bars.

I enjoy eating,,the last thing I want is to drink my calories, and protein bars actually can taste good while whey tasted horrible.

Even when bulking, hell I want to enjoy my food and eat it,,not drink whey, yuck. Also when on the go or in class you can pull out a bar and eat it, no one wants to carry around a shaker bottle and a couple bags of whey you scooped out and put in ziplock baggies.

I enjoy eating,,the last thing I want is to drink my calories, and protein bars actually can taste good while whey tasted horrible.

Even when bulking, hell I want to enjoy my food and eat it,,not drink whey, yuck. Also when on the go or in class you can pull out a bar and eat it, no one wants to carry around a shaker bottle and a couple bags of whey you scooped out and put in ziplock baggies.

I really hope this doesnt come off sounding dickish dude, but from ALLL your posts and threads here, you need to do some serious research and reevaluate your diet, drug usage and goals.

Your diet needs help, your on far too much stuff for your BW and you're generally just confused on the small shit that means nothing. Get to basics.

Going back to your actually question—eat real effing food. I also dont drink whey as a meal replacement. But if you bitch about shakes, you bitch about meal prep because you "fast so much"...figure it out dude. Eat some real damn food. These threads and questions are getting a bit much.

I really hope this doesnt come off sounding dickish dude, but from ALLL your posts and threads here, you need to do some serious research and reevaluate your diet, drug usage and goals.

Your diet needs help, your on far too much stuff for your BW and you're generally just confused on the small shit that means nothing. Get to basics.

Going back to your actually question—eat real effing food. I also dont drink whey as a meal replacement. But if you bitch about shakes, you bitch about meal prep because you "fast so much"...figure it out dude. Eat some real damn food. These threads and questions are getting a bit much.

To each his own. If you enjoy spending money on supplements and mixtures and carrying food around all day your free to. Bodyweight isn't the end all be all, I put more importance on bodyfat and health. My 2g stack of aas may seem high to you, but I myself question when I see guys running gh, dnp, t3, clen yet their mid section looks like they've never stepped on a tredmill or counted a calorie. Again to each his own, I'm making great progress using if, aas, diet and cardio and not lugging around Tupperware or buying pre workout mixtures. Again to each his own not trying to argue.

How old are you? Is it really bad carrying around a shaker with powder inside (whey and oats for example) or some meals in tupperware? Are you that bothered what people think by seeing you do that? I don't do that but if I lived a life I was out all the time I would do that to make sure I have some good meals through the day. If you are serious about your physique can't you just take out some food in containers?

Now for bars I loved 5%'s keto bars. They tasted amazing for me. The other 5% bars are nowhere as nice and very dry but I developed a taste for them. Ronnie Coleman King whey were incredible as well. Oh Yeah do some amazing ones as well but not the best macros. Quest bars taste like crap and are like eating rubber but the macros aren't too bad.

There are some bars out there that are pretty decent, but whole nutrient dense food will always reign king.

With that said, I have heard mixed reviews on Labdoor. Some claim it's legit and others run their mouth saying that they take bribes from companies to give said companies better ratings. Honestly, I don't put too much stock into it. I use Myprotein sometimes and haven't had any issues.

To each his own. If you enjoy spending money on supplements and mixtures and carrying food around all day your free to. Bodyweight isn't the end all be all, I put more importance on bodyfat and health. My 2g stack of aas may seem high to you, but I myself question when I see guys running gh, dnp, t3, clen yet their mid section looks like they've never stepped on a tredmill or counted a calorie. Again to each his own, I'm making great progress using if, aas, diet and cardio and not lugging around Tupperware or buying pre workout mixtures. Again to each his own not trying to argue.

im not sure what what your argument about your dosage is...???
You see guys running fat burners who look shitty...so YOU, at 175, blast 2g+?
I mean i have no problem with that dosage, I run that...but I also sit between 260-280lbs and can still see abs year round.

I just got lost on whatever counter you were trying to make.

Also, you're priority is bodyfat and health, then you probably should stay away from bars and go to real food. Your arguments are all over the place my man.

How old are you? Is it really bad carrying around a shaker with powder inside (whey and oats for example) or some meals in tupperware? Are you that bothered what people think by seeing you do that? I don't do that but if I lived a life I was out all the time I would do that to make sure I have some good meals through the day. If you are serious about your physique can't you just take out some food in containers?

Now for bars I loved 5%'s keto bars. They tasted amazing for me. The other 5% bars are nowhere as nice and very dry but I developed a taste for them. Ronnie Coleman King whey were incredible as well. Oh Yeah do some amazing ones as well but not the best macros. Quest bars taste like crap and are like eating rubber but the macros aren't too bad.

Definitely has nothing to do with carying what anyone think, ive carried around my meals for years. It's more so the combination of carrying a change of clothes (gym in the am before work), in combination with carrying meals around for 8 + hours of work then 3 hours of classes, it just gets to the point where you say "I'm tired of packing clothes and meals, and a syringe full of TNE (lol), there has to be a way to eliminate some of this from the routine."

But as for specifically bars vs whey, thats a different issue. I actually enjoy protein bars where I hate drinking whey. That was the reason I started the thread about bars. Now if I was consuming 5k calories daily (which im not) I may chose whey as I would be stuffed and not want any more food volume.

im not sure what what your argument about your dosage is...???
You see guys running fat burners who look shitty...so YOU, at 175, blast 2g+?
I mean i have no problem with that dosage, I run that...but I also sit between 260-280lbs and can still see abs year round.

I just got lost on whatever counter you were trying to make.

Also, you're priority is bodyfat and health, then you probably should stay away from bars and go to real food. Your arguments are all over the place my man.

I wrote a long post then said "whats the point". We can agree to disagree I guess, don't think we will see eye to eye.

As for the last part, I am 100% in favor of real food and currently it makes 100% of my diet. The bar is 1 meal per day for convenience so I don't have to have 4 oz of chicken breast sitting in my car in 90 degree heat while im in the gym 5 days a week. I could take the 4 oz of chicken breast and put it in my gym bag that is already full with a change of clothes, logbook, body wash etc, but at some point you say "fuck it im just going to buy some quest bars"

Again no hard feelings but I don't think were going to ever be on the same page so no point in debating about 4-5 different things :)

Protein bars are glorified candy bars, that's all.... The protein used is probably the shittiest crap out there.... think about it... how good can a fucking bar be at about $2.50 a bar?? People (not saying you) get so enamored with the numbers... "wow... im getting 30g of protein in my delicious bar" seriously, how can one compare?? 30g of garbage whey compared to 30g of lets say chicken or fish?? I USED to do that...and looked like shit.. But WHY WHY WHY??Im eating 200+g of protein?? Once I stopped bars and shakes and ate REAL FOOD my body just took off..... and you KNOW there are mutha fuckers out there knocking down 4 or 5 bars or shakes a day THINKING they're getting their quality protein daily intaker.. LOL!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

I have Quest bars too.... as part of my cheat meal.

Greg Doucette has a recipe for skor protein bars on YouTube that are really good. The only other bars I know that aren't garbage are Outright bars.

I agree ^^^ most protein bars are shitty quality. You can look up law suits for half the bars you see in the store.

Most have been sued for not having as Much protein as the label suggests.

Sent from my S2 using Tapatalk

I agree ^^^ most protein bars are shitty quality. You can look up law suits for half the bars you see in the store.

Most have been sued for not having as Much protein as the label suggests.

Sent from my S2 using Tapatalk

These companies are out to make money...PERIOD... they will use the shittiest crap available to take my,your,everybody's money.... When John Meadows was tied to the Best Bar Ever bar , they were putting out a solid product.... but it came to like $4-$5 a bar... but that made more sense as it was "real food" but the they, like everyone else, decided to appease the masses and put out an inferior product to guess what......make more money.... IMO bars and shakes have their place....albeit a very very very small place...

As posted there can be a time and place for everything but I wouldn't recommend anyone use protein bars through the day as a main source of protein. Most of them are full of crap and I look at them as treats. Although 1 per day isn't too bad as long as you are eating nutrient dense whole foods everyday. They can be quite useful especially when out for long periods or travelling. I have tried quite a few bars over the years but very rarely eat them (I think it's been months since I ate one).

As with anything some are much better than others so that is a big factor. I am not super strict so I tend to not order bars as if I do I go through them really fast. Although I do think high quality powders (97-90% whey isolate for example) can be different and extremely useful (for some people) even when taken in multiple times per day. But all this stuff should supplement a solid whole food.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131