over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

CYCLING STEROIDS VS TRT DOSING YEAR AROUND

Geardepot

Guaranteed Sponsor
Registered
Sponsors
This is a loaded question and is dependent on many different things.

TRT = Testosterone replacement therapy.

TRT is a general term used to describe taking a low, regular dose (usually weekly) of testosterone to replace your body’s own declining levels. I want to start off by going through some of the variables/questions one should ask themselves to help determine what is best..
How old are you? Once you hit your late 20’s, your natural test levels will start to decline. If you’re 30+ years old its going to be hard to get your natural levels back to ‘normal’ in just a few months.
Are you getting your blood work done regularly? If you’re not able to test your blood to see exactly where your testosterone levels are while on cycle and off cycle, then it will be very hard determine if you’re recovering quickly or if your testosterone levels are low.
Do you have any health issues? If you have high cholesterol, heart issues, etc. then you will want to monitor this carefully if you use steroids. I have seen guys do much better staying on a low dose TRT (200mg/week) throughout the year, rather than cycling steroids at higher doses for 3-months, then going off for a period of time. On the same token, I have seen others with health issues do better cycling on and off.
What are your athletic/fitness/exercise goals? If you’re competing in bodybuilding, powerlifting, or some other sport at an extremely high level, then the low dose TRT may not be for you, as those endeavors require different demands at such a high level. If you’re using steroids to help get into shape, slow down aging, or for general increased performance in your chosen discipline, then you’re probably a better candidate.
The endocrine system is very sensitive; if it gets thrown out of whack it can take some real time to get it back to ‘normal.’ In the bodybuilding scene, we have been taught that we should cycle on steroids then cycle off them back and forth. The reasoning behind this is to give the body’s natural test levels a chance to recover. I have heard guys say that you need to go off at least as long as you were on. Doing this protocol would put you going on cycle for 3-months then off for 3-months, in this yo-yo fashion. In theory this is sound advice, you use exogenous testosterone for a few months, doing this will suppress your natural testosterone so you take the next 3-months to get your natural test levels back up before suppressing them again. I suppose the idea behind this is that if you don’t let your natural test levels get back to normal by cycling on and off, then you will permanently suppress your natural test levels.
If you’re a 30+ year old healthy male who is using steroids to help with performance and recovery in the gym or with any athletic performance, I would seriously consider using a TRT dose and staying on year round. This may sound scary at first, the idea of never coming off steroids can make you feel like an addict or feel like you’re putting your health in jeopardy. Let me make a few arguments about why it may be a good idea to do this. First off, if you’re going to be on all year, you don’t need to be using normal cycle doses. I think most guys doing a 3-month cycle would say 800-1,000mg/week would be considered normal. If you’re staying on year round, then a dose of 200mg/week is the max that would be needed/advised. Doing this lower dose can really mitigate the negative health effects of steroids. I know for myself, if I use 800mg/week my blood pressure raises, my cholesterol will get out of whack (especially if I am using orals), and I tend to have a much higher hematocrit/red blood cell level that can lead to the heart working even harder to pump the thicker blood through the body. Even 200mg/week is multiple times higher than what our bodies are producing naturally, so your definitely going to see benefits at this dose; especially if you’re using year round.
This brings me to my next point: what is the sense in spending all of the time to get your test levels back to ‘normal’ via PCT and being off cycle, just to throw them into suppression again a few months later? This yo-yo effect is what causes the majority of negative side effects that guys experience when cycling their gear. If you go from having 1500+ ng/dL testosterone levels to having 0, you’re going to lose the majority of the muscle you have built while on cycle, as your body does not have the hormones running through it that can sustain that muscle mass. Chances are you will only keep a small % of it in the end. I believe many guys would do much better using the TRT dose year round as its easier to keep your blood work on track on the lower dose; additionally, you will experience far less negative health effects. Yes your gains will be slower but they will be permanent and much easier to sustain. The slower you build the muscle the easier it is to sustain. When your muscles grow quickly over a short period of time the whole body has to ‘grow’ or adapt to support the muscle- meaning tendons, ligaments, your circulatory system, etc etc.. Many guys experience this first hand after they have put on 20lbs in a short time and they try to go out hiking (or even walking, climbing stairs, etc) and they can’t seem to catch their breath. It is because their heart and lungs are trying to pump blood and oxygen to 20% more muscle tissue and simply can’t keep up.
I remember the first time I came off cycle when I was just getting into bodybuilding. I felt like complete garbage, I was young, inexperienced and saw any hard fought muscle gains slipping away and no matter how hard I trained or how much I tried to eat, I lost the majority of what I had gained. Generally, depression can set in from having low or no testosterone, and this just complicates matters more. I found myself counting down the days until my ‘3-months off’ was over and I could start back up again. It felt like 3 steps forward and 2 steps back. I often wonder how I would have done lowering my doses and simply staying on for longer periods of time with the TRT type of dose.
I will conclude with a few last points to keep in mind. Get familiar with your blood work. At a minimum, you should have it tested twice a year. Doing steroids and not getting your blood work done is like trying to navigate using a map without knowing what way is north? You won’t know what direction to go because you don’t know exactly where you’re at. Once you know what your testosterone levels, cholesterol, red blood cell, etc is at, you have the necessary tools to know how long it takes your body to recover from a cycle, deal with any health issues, and make an informed decision if a year round TRT dose is good for you. I don’t believe one way of using steroids is better than the other, so it is best to experiment a little and see how you react. Try doing the TRT dose for 6-9 months and see how you feel, how your blood work looks, and what kind of progress you have made. Compare this to your normal regimen and see what makes more sense to you.
Getting your blood work done is very easy these days. There’s a lot of online testing companies that will have you get blood drawn at a Lab Corp or Quest Diagnostic type of facility and then email you the results for a $100-200. You don’t have to explain anything to your doctor, it is private, and you can see exactly what’s going on in your body.
Thanks for reading. As always, we appreciate any feedback we can get, be it good or bad. Feel free to comment and add any info you think is beneficial to this conversation.

Thanks!
GD

i would say to any men the following: when your natural levels become sub optimal, go on trt.

optimise your hormones and thus your health. feel great and do great in life and hormones are essential to this.

little cycle to top up now and then is groovy and as long as the bloodwork lets you no issues. then back to trt and optimal health and hormone levels

If I could do it over I would have stayed on low TRT dosing instead of PCT. I typically got hurt and regressed drastically while off/clean. Emeric's low, daily dosing would have prevented this and been healthier than fighting low T half the year.

If I could do it over I would have stayed on low TRT dosing instead of PCT. I typically got hurt and regressed drastically while off/clean. Emeric's low, daily dosing would have prevented this and been healthier than fighting low T half the year.

low T is a horrible feeling and situation to be in, isnt it. hellish is the right word

I am in the same situation..but what about those that says give your receptors a break and refresh your receptor?

I am in the same situation..but what about those that says give your receptors a break and refresh your receptor?

Being on TRT levels is the break. Your body high androgen environments increase the number of androgen receptors in your body. The The body fights increased growth rates through other means like increasing myostatin, protein turnover rates, etc.

I know I've mentioned this before...but several years ago I had surgery that required I come off my TRT. Exactly at the 30 day mark of being off 200mg of test weekly, it was like being run over by a freight train! It was ridiculous how bad I felt both physically and mentally. It did show me how much low test levels can effect you, and how a small dose of testosterone can make you feel so much better. TRT for life!
GD

Being on TRT levels is the break. Your body high androgen environments increase the number of androgen receptors in your body. The The body fights increased growth rates through other means like increasing myostatin, protein turnover rates, etc.

great...since I'm almost 40 and been blasting&cruising for 3-4 years without break,planning to go for pct but highly doubt my test levels will recover or will take long time to recover,and I dont want to feel like shit while waiting for test to come back,if ever....

great...since I'm almost 40 and been blasting&cruising for 3-4 years without break,planning to go for pct but highly doubt my test levels will recover or will take long time to recover,and I dont want to feel like shit while waiting for test to come back,if ever....

I wouldn't bother with PCT. I always had poor recovery from PCT. Really, looking back I was trying to blast and cruise and PCT. I bought into the old dogma of having to come completely off and always got injured during the lag. My job is extremely physical and low T made me injury prone.

Drop down to daily dosing ( or close) using 10-20mgs daily w/hCG if you like it. My normal is 20mg T/150iu hCG daily using insulin pins. This keeps me in the low 800s with very high free T levels. I recently started using Humanofort at 300mg daily too and can tell something is going on. I need to recheck my free T levels but I'm pretty sure they're higher on it than off it.

Last edited:
I wouldn't bother with PCT. I always had poor recovery from PCT. Really, looking back I was trying to blast and cruise and PCT. I bought into the old dogma of having to come completely off and always got injured during the lag. My job is extremely physical and low T made me injury prone.

Drop down to daily dosing ( or close) using 10-20mgs daily w/hCG if you like it. My normal is 20mg T/150iu hCG daily using insulin pins. This keeps me in the low 800s with very high free T levels. I recently started using Humanofort at 300mg daily too and can tell something is going on. I need to recheck my free T levels but I'm pretty sure they're higher on it than off it.

I assume the injection is done subq?

I know I've mentioned this before...but several years ago I had surgery that required I come off my TRT. Exactly at the 30 day mark of being off 200mg of test weekly, it was like being run over by a freight train! It was ridiculous how bad I felt both physically and mentally. It did show me how much low test levels can effect you, and how a small dose of testosterone can make you feel so much better. TRT for life!
GD

for sure after the 3-4th week mark test levels are bottomed out, lh/fsh fucked through years of suppression and older age in most guys = no test production and you feel indeed like a plane crash landed on you: depression, anxiety, severe lack of energy, all day sleepy, zero sex drive dick limp noodle etc

100mg of test per week solves all of this and is very healthy. trt should be mandatory for everybody suffering from these symptoms.

I came off years ago in the 90s for 10 years with no PCT after cycling on and off for years. I recovered. Test was in mid 600s but it took over a year. That was before all the TRT marketing so I just suffered through. Not sure by people can't recover or don't persist in their recovery long enough now but I'm not the only one that recovered from AAS users in the 80s and 90s. Maybe because a lot of us cycled rather than staying on something all the time. Also, maybe because a to of us didn't start AAS until later in out mid-late 20s. I started using again in. my late 40s when men usually see a drop of in performance so I don't regret going back to it. Still my T levels were in mid 500s to low 600s.

I came off years ago in the 90s for 10 years with no PCT after cycling on and off for years. I recovered. Test was in mid 600s but it took over a year. That was before all the TRT marketing so I just suffered through. Not sure by people can't recover or don't persist in their recovery long enough now but I'm not the only one that recovered from AAS users in the 80s and 90s. Maybe because a lot of us cycled rather than staying on something all the time. Also, maybe because a to of us didn't start AAS until later in out mid-late 20s. I started using again in. my late 40s when men usually see a drop of in performance so I don't regret going back to it. Still my T levels were in mid 500s to low 600s.

for most people around 40 or up it doesnt pay to suffer and get natural production back up because their natural levels are now sub optimal (even if they never used any juice). sure they can function etc but there is a big difference between normal, functioning and optimal. i go for the latter.

nobody beyond 35 or 40 or ofcourse up is optimised by nature. hormones decline and we have the means to keep them in the healthiest and most optimal ranges. easy fix

Although, I'm on TRT myself (30 year old), I'll play a little devils advocate here for the sake of discussion.
Not all men suffer testosterone decline as they age as fast as it's usually promoted here and other internet forums. It is generally thought, that after 30 years of age, total test drops by 1%/year (some resources say starting from 40y/o).
There was an interesting study done by Australian Endocrine Study I saw, which recruited plenty of older, but physically fit and active males and what they found out was that for most of these older men, their total test levels stayed quite normal despite their aging.

Here is the newsarticle link which is quoting research I talk about - https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/06/110607121129.htm (it is at the bottom of article).

My levels were 60 six months later, not 600, so no PCT for me. If you can recover you should but not always an option. I have TBI too, so that's a factor.

Last edited:
for most people around 40 or up it doesnt pay to suffer and get natural production back up because their natural levels are now sub optimal (even if they never used any juice). sure they can function etc but there is a big difference between normal, functioning and optimal. i go for the latter.

nobody beyond 35 or 40 or ofcourse up is optimised by nature. hormones decline and we have the means to keep them in the healthiest and most optimal ranges. easy fix

Probably true for juicers but not for normal natural guys with good diet and exercise. I don't buy into the marketing by the TRT associations. Fat guys and such yeah but not if you take care of yourself. Test umbers are trending down but there has never been so many unhealthy sedentary younger folks as there are today.

My levels were 60 six months later, not 600, so no PCT for me. If you can recover you should but not always an option. I have TBI too, so that's a factor.

Oh yikes.

Probably true for juicers but not for normal natural guys with good diet and exercise. I don't buy into the marketing by the TRT associations. Fat guys and such yeah but not if you take care of yourself. Test umbers are trending down but there has never been so many unhealthy sedentary younger folks as there are today.

yes correct, good diet, exercise, good sleep etc is always the core of any good and healthy lifestyle. this goes without saying for me. so when this is done and test levels are sub optimal = trt time

usually how long do u guys wait after a cycle before going on pct?provided that you are sure your test wont recover...straight on trt or wait a few weeks before get on it?+

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear