YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

BEST PRODUCTS FOR DOMS...ANYONE TRIED CBD?

Geardepot

Guaranteed Sponsor
Registered
Sponsors
OK guys...I'm sure you have all experienced joint pain and sore muscles
during your weight training. I know many years ago (yes...I'm an old fart) when I trained competitively, I relied heavily on ibuprofen for a shoulder
issue I was having. I graduated from that to cortisone injections twice yearly, until finally I needed rotator cuff surgery.
For delayed-onset muscle sorness (DOMS), I've tried everything from Ben gay to icy hot, to BIOFREEZE. I know there are a ton of creams and gels marketed nowadays to ease sore muscles and aching joints. I'm really interested to hear what most of you are using to combat the pain. Are there really any OTC products that work effectively?
And what about some of the more progressive thinking methods?
Accupuncture and electro stimulation come to mind. And what (if any), supplements have you used that help with pain management? Obviously there is a ton of info and touted claims out there on the internet, but it would be nice to get some real world feedback. One thing I am very curious about is CBD and its use in this area, to help with the aches and pains of training and the DOMS. Have any of you had success with dosing CBD for this? I found this article on CBD and Muscle Recovery: https://cliniciantoday.com/pros-and-cons-for-cbd-oil-in-muscle-recovery/

I'm curious to see if anyone has success with it and how they are dosing
it? I've read that the CBD/THC combo oil works much better then just CBD
alone? Anyone have personal experience?

Thanks,
GD

Dr. Mike Israetel had a recent post on this that I had to share.

It's basically saying that if you are getting some weakness, fatigue and soreness post workout to next day, yet are still able to train in a day or two—chances are you are hitting the muscle correctly.

But he also chimed in that if you have pretty severe DOMS that lasts days, plural, than something is up. You are pushing it too hard and negatively affecting your training and recovery.

Chances are, that if you are posting on this forum, your training age is pretty high...meaning you aren't some newbie to the game. And with that being said, if you are getting crippling soreness that requires extra supplementation than you need to reevaluate your training, seriously. If you've been in the game for 10+ years and can't walk for 4 days after leg day, you're doing something wrong. I understand if you just came off a deload or added a new movement in or increase your sets significantly, both other than that...figure it out.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-08-28 at 10.49.53 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-08-28 at 10.49.53 AM.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 298
What’s CBD? I heard it’s better than tren! :banghead:

Dr. Mike Israetel had a recent post on this that I had to share.

It's basically saying that if you are getting some weakness, fatigue and soreness post workout to next day, yet are still able to train in a day or two—chances are you are hitting the muscle correctly.

But he also chimed in that if you have pretty severe DOMS that lasts days, plural, than something is up. You are pushing it too hard and negatively affecting your training and recovery.

Chances are, that if you are posting on this forum, your training age is pretty high...meaning you aren't some newbie to the game. And with that being said, if you are getting crippling soreness that requires extra supplementation than you need to reevaluate your training, seriously. If you've been in the game for 10+ years and can't walk for 4 days after leg day, you're doing something wrong. I understand if you just came off a deload or added a new movement in or increase your sets significantly, both other than that...figure it out.
I'm taking 3-5 days to recover.
Now that I'm getting older I need to stop lifting crazy Ass weight every workout.
It is hard for me because I just want to lift hard and intense every time. I had the mentality that if I'm not lifting heavy ass weigh then I'm not progressing
I have to force myself to take it easy. I'm noticing I'm getting weaker also. It's really making me upset.
I think it's time to maybe pull back the reigns a little bit , work out smarter and more efficient.

Thanks for this post

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Question for you Blazed—how does lifting heavy weight get you sore?? Or why?
For instance, if someone goes in and benches 500x2...I don't think they are going to be crushed with DOMS. Im only saying this because I PLed for years and the weights I move NOW in BBing are far less weight...but BBers seem to get far more soreness and DOMS than PLers I know.

Most BBers are training in the 8-12 rep range say 65-85% of 1RM. PLers push that a little higher with 1-6 reps in a 85-100% 1RM.

IMO it has nothing to do with the weight and has more to do with adding too much random stimulus at random times. If you do 10 sets of legs (same exercises) for 5 weeks in a row...you won't be crushed sore after awhile. You're legs are used to whatever movements you're doing and the volume. But if you add a NEW stimulus...whether that me a new Hack Squat machine or an additional 4-5 sets...you're fuckin crushed. Most often are adding sets or intensity technique and it's killing em. Oh you did a strip set on leg press? No wonder you're legs are donnneee...stuff like that. A lot of these thoughts are kinda in the realm of Mike Israetel and his MRV and increasing volume or lowering your RIR ideas.

Sorry if this is a little ranty—I just think when people say "heavy" it's all relative. I don't think heavy is making you sore. And I only call stuff heavy when I can't do 6+ reps of it.

I'm taking 3-5 days to recover.
Now that I'm getting older I need to stop lifting crazy Ass weight every workout.
It is hard for me because I just want to lift hard and intense every time. I had the mentality that if I'm not lifting heavy ass weigh then I'm not progressing
I have to force myself to take it easy. I'm noticing I'm getting weaker also. It's really making me upset.
I think it's time to maybe pull back the reigns a little bit , work out smarter and more efficient.

Thanks for this post

OK guys...I'm sure you have all experienced joint pain and sore muscles
during your weight training. I know many years ago (yes...I'm an old fart) when I trained competitively, I relied heavily on ibuprofen for a shoulder
issue I was having. I graduated from that to cortisone injections twice yearly, until finally I needed rotator cuff surgery.
For delayed-onset muscle sorness (DOMS), I've tried everything from Ben gay to icy hot, to BIOFREEZE. I know there are a ton of creams and gels marketed nowadays to ease sore muscles and aching joints. I'm really interested to hear what most of you are using to combat the pain. Are there really any OTC products that work effectively?
And what about some of the more progressive thinking methods?
Accupuncture and electro stimulation come to mind. And what (if any), supplements have you used that help with pain management? Obviously there is a ton of info and touted claims out there on the internet, but it would be nice to get some real world feedback. One thing I am very curious about is CBD and its use in this area, to help with the aches and pains of training and the DOMS. Have any of you had success with dosing CBD for this? I found this article on CBD and Muscle Recovery: https://cliniciantoday.com/pros-and-cons-for-cbd-oil-in-muscle-recovery/

I'm curious to see if anyone has success with it and how they are dosing
it? I've read that the CBD/THC combo oil works much better then just CBD
alone? Anyone have personal experience?

Thanks,
GD

I haven't found CBD to have an effect on muscle soreness for me.

The biggest things that I've found to diminish DOMS over the course of my training life have been:

-Using a well-designed training program

-Training each bodypart multiple times per week

-Ensuring proper nutrition, particularly protein intake

-Using an intraworkout drink

-Using gear + GH

I think like armada said, it's mostly a consequence of your training (frequency and to a lesser extent volume).

When I train everything only once a week I also get way longer lasting DOMS than when I train everything three times a week, in which case I rarely get DOMS at all.

Either way, I've gotten terrible DOMS sometimes making it hard to walk, lats cramping up when whiping my ass (this one is golden really), ... and never have I felt the need to take anything extra for it. I think we're taking enough stuff as it is no? Just deal with it I'd say.

It comes down to conditioning in my opinion. High volume after a layoff is the main culprit if you've got severe DOMS. Back off the reps & # of sets. Work slowly up to where you left off. Nutrition is key not to mention a + nitrogen balance so we know what that means.

For instance, if someone goes in and benches 500x2...I don't think they are going to be crushed with DOMS. Im only saying this because I PLed for years and the weights I move NOW in BBing are far less weight...but BBers seem to get far more soreness and DOMS than PLers I know.

I tend to agree with this belief, until I did a frequency 1 powerlifting program. The pains are superior to high frequency programs and I am still training 2-5 repetitions. Pains still are inferior to a bodybuilding training, but my point is that the low frequency is an important factor in this regard.

Most BBers are training in the 8-12 rep range say 65-85% of 1RM. PLers push that a little higher with 1-6 reps in a 85-100% 1RM.

IMO it has nothing to do with the weight and has more to do with adding too much random stimulus at random times. If you do 10 sets of legs (same exercises) for 5 weeks in a row...you won't be crushed sore after awhile. You're legs are used to whatever movements you're doing and the volume. But if you add a NEW stimulus...whether that me a new Hack Squat machine or an additional 4-5 sets...you're fuckin crushed. Most often are adding sets or intensity technique and it's killing em. Oh you did a strip set on leg press? No wonder you're legs are donnneee...stuff like that. A lot of these thoughts are kinda in the realm of Mike Israetel and his MRV and increasing volume or lowering your RIR ideas.

Sorry if this is a little ranty—I just think when people say "heavy" it's all relative. I don't think heavy is making you sore. And I only call stuff heavy when I can't do 6+ reps of it.
Now that I think about I don't get sore like I used to. I've been doing powerlifting workouts at 5 rep maxs with the most weight I can do for 5.
I think I've been confusing soreness with aches and pain.
I've noticed way more pain and aches. My shoulders are in pain for 2-3 days after. Hurts to raise arms above head. I also notice my hands tremble as well after heavy lifting days. Maybe I'm taxing my CNS too much?.
I need to change my routine and do higher reps less weight like you mentioned.
Any programs you suggest?

Side note ,I do use CBD and thc products to mask my aches and pain. Helps me sleep more soundly

Thanks for the feedback guys! It seems like the consensus is most of you feel training methods, proper nutrition, and adequate rest are good remedies to avoid DOMS. But what about "chronic" pain? Say that nagging shoulder. Or back pain after heavy day of squats. Anything come to mind that will subside that pain? As I mentioned earlier, I relied for years on Ibuprofen to allow me to train shoulders when I had a torn rotator cuff.
GD

Your explanation below seems dead on. I have a feeling its CNS and just achey joint related. Less muscle fatigue and more nervous system, tendons, joint pain.

Like I said, I PLed for a decent while before getting into BBing and if anything...PL taught me what REAL overtraining and CNS fatigue is. Everything I can compare it to in BB is minuscule. When moving weights under your 5RM, you reallllly have to look at frequency and training volume. If you don't, you will actually get weaker. I did my own training for a decent while and just crushed my CNS...i was fuckin dead. I ended up hiring Josh Bryant (he's a pretty well known former PL competitor and coach. Also the first TEEN to bench 600lbs) and he realllly educated me on the way to handle your intensity and volume when trying to hit peak strength. Literally, PL training is a complete other beast when compared to BBing. Once you are handling triples and shit like that, you can't just "go to failure." Going to failure will ruin you.

Now that I think about I don't get sore like I used to. I've been doing powerlifting workouts at 5 rep maxs with the most weight I can do for 5.
I think I've been confusing soreness with aches and pain.
I've noticed way more pain and aches. My shoulders are in pain for 2-3 days after. Hurts to raise arms above head. I also notice my hands tremble as well after heavy lifting days. Maybe I'm taxing my CNS too much?.
I need to change my routine and do higher reps less weight like you mentioned.
Any programs you suggest?

Side note ,I do use CBD and thc products to mask my aches and pain. Helps me sleep more soundly

Thanks for the feedback guys! It seems like the consensus is most of you feel training methods, proper nutrition, and adequate rest are good remedies to avoid DOMS. But what about "chronic" pain? Say that nagging shoulder. Or back pain after heavy day of squats. Anything come to mind that will subside that pain? As I mentioned earlier, I relied for years on Ibuprofen to allow me to train shoulders when I had a torn rotator cuff.
GD

^^^hey brother ..start looking into BPC-157 and TB500

GD

Tore my labrum in one shoulder when I was a teenager. Never felt the same afterward. Went to a PT for a while. A low dose of GH helped more than anything else I've used.

I do know people who use CBD for chronic pain, and it's amazing. My boss had a terrible pinched nerved and could hardly get around. She starting rubbing in some organic based CBD, and is feeling great. She's not the only one.

I have also seen people benefits from using it for pain. I tried it a few times and for me, it felt very relaxing. Made me sleepy.

CBD is really gaining momentum with everyone including MD's.. It is also a great opportunity to make quite a bit of extra cash while theres still no real government regulations. There are labs in everyones cities and towns. Check out my post on the Sponsor board and my banner above. Anyone with relationships can really make a killing...

Doms is NOT an indication of muscle growth, it is also NOT an indicator of muscle recovery,
CURCUMIN OIL has been a wonderful aid in muscle recovery.
For ME, its effect in what is being discussed , far EXCEEDS that of CBD.
anything curcumin powder based is NOT NEARLY as effective as the extract oil.
Curcumin is a voluminous fiber that cannot be digested in its entirety...
Assuming all the popular additives did help digest it... you would need about 20lbs of the powder to get the effects of the oil.
This is my opinion, based on testing that i have done.(dont go by that)
Thats not to say CBD does not have a role an athletes arsenal, but for the particular purpose being discussed CURCUMIN oil is superior.

Doms is NOT an indication of muscle growth, it is also NOT an indicator of muscle recovery,
CURCUMIN OIL has been a wonderful aid in muscle recovery.
For ME, its effect in what is being discussed , far EXCEEDS that of CBD.
anything curcumin powder based is NOT NEARLY as effective as the extract oil.
Curcumin is a voluminous fiber that cannot be digested in its entirety...
Assuming all the popular additives did help digest it... you would need about 20lbs of the powder to get the effects of the oil.
This is my opinion, based on testing that i have done.(dont go by that)
Thats not to say CBD does not have a role an athletes arsenal, but for the particular purpose being discussed CURCUMIN oil is superior.

Hey brother, can you tell me where you get this?:yeahthat:

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420