over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Torn Bicep

STUMPY

Registered
While waiting to have my left side shoulder replacement surgery next week,I decided to do some yard work since I'll be laid up recovering for a bit. Went to move some wood and heard/felt a familiar POP in my right bicep where it inserts by the pec/delt. Noticed a golf ball lump by my armpit so I knew I tore it
almost positive it's the long head.

Had MRI to see if anything else is torn,seeing my ortho today to review MRI and schedule bicep surgery. Shoulder replacement is now on hold. Walking around like an idiot with to arms w limited function lol,I can't catch a fucking break guys :banghead:

Attachments

• IMG_2877 (1).jpg
    IMG_2877 (1).jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 138
My boy..... faaakkkkkkkk....I feel for you brother.....

Why not get both done at once?

Why not get both done at once?

If I get my left shoulder replaced,and my right bicep fixed at the same time I won't be able to use either of my arms for awhile. Basically be helpless and that's not gonna work for me. More importantly,since my wife refuses to wipe my ass after a dump,I'd be screwed big time :D

STUMPY Nooooooo! :(

Not even working out! Best of luck man. I have a tear of my left distal tendon. I've been waiting for it go. I know it'll happen under circumstances like yours...not working out, just picking something up or reaching for something. Keep us posted!!

STUMPY Nooooooo! :(

Not even working out! Best of luck man. I have a tear of my left distal tendon. I've been waiting for it go. I know it'll happen under circumstances like yours...not working out, just picking something up or reaching for something. Keep us posted!!

Thanks brother. Hopefully yours doesn't let go,what did your Ortho say?

I had a distal rupture on this arm by the elbow in '07;work injury. I had a distal rupture on my left bicep August of '08;preacher curls. Both of those surgeries weren't too bad. But w a distal rupture my entire arm was black&blue and looks nasty. I'll post up a pic of that when I get back from my Ortho in a bit

Sorry man. Jay Cutler had a proximal biceps tear too. They repair them if you are young and active. If you are elderly they let it go.

Silver lining, you may increase your biceps peak with this injury.

Speedy healing man.

ah, super sorry to hear that stumpy.

hang in there bro

Good luck. I had a distal rupture back in 2012. It took two surgeries and over a year to feel somewhat normal again. I can't imagine going through surgeries for both arms at the same time.

Sorry to hear that dude ... hopefully you heal fast and don’t miss a beat ... good luck 👍

After seeing my doc earlier and viewing the MRI,my worst fears were confirmed: I also tore my right rotator cuff,or at least what was left of it after a prior "salvage operation" due to a serious work-related injury in '07/09. It can't be fixed conventionally,so I need a shoulder replacement on the right side now,as well as the left. Just like Palumbo.
When he does the right shoulder he'll also repair the bicep. Once I heal up and get thru some PT I guess I'll have the left shoulder replaced.

Looks like I'm outta the game permanently fellas,I'm totally bummed out about this y'all have no idea :(

Thanks for all the well wishes and kind words,it's much appreciated. Only you guys can understand how lifting seriously and getting in the gym to throw around some weight makes us feel and to think that I'm not gonna be able to do that after training since '89,it's like I just lost my best friend. If that makes any sense?

Last edited:
I know it sounds bad, but I doubt you'll have to quit lifting forever. You could get back in the gym with a new workout strategy once both shoulders are recovered. It just sucks going through that process.

I gave up heavy lifting for good after my distal biceps tendon rupture. Who cares about a deadlift max if it means having a paralyzed hand for a few months. The nerve damage from the second surgery healed, thankfully. I don't lift heavy anymore, but I look and feel great now at 44 with high volume / light weight workouts 5 days a week. I'd have to be a quadriplegic to give up lifting forever.

Damn dude that sucks. I've had 5 shoulder surgeries over the years, but not to your degree
I'm pretty sure you will eventually get back to the gym just go lighter weights and higher reps.
Good luck.

Thanks brother. Hopefully yours doesn't let go,what did your Ortho say?

I had a distal rupture on this arm by the elbow in '07;work injury. I had a distal rupture on my left bicep August of '08;preacher curls. Both of those surgeries weren't too bad. But w a distal rupture my entire arm was black&blue and looks nasty. I'll post up a pic of that when I get back from my Ortho in a bit

Damn, you've been through the ringer!

I had an MRI done early 2018. The doc said it was a small tear. Then he said, "There's nothing we can do right now. Here's what's going to happen...one day the tendon is going to tear off and then we'll fix it." I laughed because I already knew the answer. It is what it is. I'll deal with it, like everything else, when the time comes!

After seeing my doc earlier and viewing the MRI,my worst fears were confirmed: I also tore my right rotator cuff,or at least what was left of it after a prior "salvage operation" due to a serious work-related injury in '07/09. It can't be fixed conventionally,so I need a shoulder replacement on the right side now,as well as the left. Just like Palumbo.
When he does the right shoulder he'll also repair the bicep. Once I heal up and get thru some PT I guess I'll have the left shoulder replaced.

Looks like I'm outta the game permanently fellas,I'm totally bummed out about this y'all have no idea :(

Thanks for all the well wishes and kind words,it's much appreciated. Only you guys can understand how lifting seriously and getting in the gym to throw around some weight makes us feel and to think that I'm not gonna be able to do that after training since '89,it's like I just lost my best friend. If that makes any sense?

Once again, sadly in the same post...you've been through the ringer!!

I don't know anything about shoulder replacements. I have a friend at the gym who's 68 and he needs two as well. Can you work out light after a recovery period or is it too dangerous? I hope there's something you can do! I'm sure you've done your research but maybe check around some of the top Hospitals and sports doctors to make sure you get the most up to date surgical techniques and replacement hardware.

damn man that sucks, im dealing with somethings myself and yes it blows, but it is what it is, keep your head up and move forward, best of luck to ya!

How old are you if you don't mind my asking?
When I turned 50 everything started to fall apart. 51 now, both shoulders/biceps tenodesis surgeries completed. PT finally over and back in the gym. There is a light at the end of the tunnel Stumpy. One day at a time brother!

I know it sounds bad, but I doubt you'll have to quit lifting forever. You could get back in the gym with a new workout strategy once both shoulders are recovered. It just sucks going through that process.

I gave up heavy lifting for good after my distal biceps tendon rupture. Who cares about a deadlift max if it means having a paralyzed hand for a few months. The nerve damage from the second surgery healed, thankfully. I don't lift heavy anymore, but I look and feel great now at 44 with high volume / light weight workouts 5 days a week. I'd have to be a quadriplegic to give up lifting forever.

Thanks man. It's true,thinking about starting all over at square 1 after all the great progress I made after my 2 major back surgeries,andone neck fusion followed by my biceps rupture a month later in '18 makes it that more depressing. But it's possible I suppose.

Damn dude that sucks. I've had 5 shoulder surgeries over the years, but not to your degree
I'm pretty sure you will eventually get back to the gym just go lighter weights and higher reps.
Good luck.
Thank you. I'm sure I would be able to use light weights along w machines instead of free weights.

Damn, you've been through the ringer!

I had an MRI done early 2018. The doc said it was a small tear. Then he said, "There's nothing we can do right now. Here's what's going to happen...one day the tendon is going to tear off and then we'll fix it." I laughed because I already knew the answer. It is what it is. I'll deal with it, like everything else, when the time comes!

Once again, sadly in the same post...you've been through the ringer!!

I don't know anything about shoulder replacements. I have a friend at the gym who's 68 and he needs two as well. Can you work out light after a recovery period or is it too dangerous? I hope there's something you can do! I'm sure you've done your research but maybe check around some of the top Hospitals and sports doctors to make sure you get the most up to date surgical techniques and replacement hardware.

Yes Sir. Sounds like you and I both have had more surgeries over the years then most people could ever imagine possible. Thanks for the encouragement. Yes,I have done a lot of research;the doctor I feel most comfortable with came highly recommended by many of his peers and is one of the leading docs when it comes to reverse shoulder replacement. He did warn me yesterday that the heavier I lift,the quicker the parts will wear out on the hardware installed. Will also leave me with a large incision scar down the side of each delt. But hey,scars are cool and add character lol.

damn man that sucks, im dealing with somethings myself and yes it blows, but it is what it is, keep your head up and move forward, best of luck to ya!
Sorry to hear about that brother. I'll try and stay positive as best I can,you do the same ;)

Ugh, sorry to hear that man. Injuries are the worst! Heal up quickly :)
Thanks man,much appreciated

How old are you if you don't mind my asking?
When I turned 50 everything started to fall apart. 51 now, both shoulders/biceps tenodesis surgeries completed. PT finally over and back in the gym. There is a light at the end of the tunnel Stumpy. One day at a time brother!

I'll be 50 next wknd :banghead:
I started falling apart about 5yrs ago so I got ya beat lol.
Thanks for the motivation,I'm gonna try my best to move forward.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws