Over thinking

b-boy

IFBB Pro / Quadruple Featured Member/ Verified Cus
IFBB PROS
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
Man some of you guys really shock the hell out of me with your intense over thinking when it comes to building muscle, this game is actually quite simple! Now if you are a pro bodybuilder and trying to eek out every new muscle fiber you can then OK I can understand wanting to be precise with EVERYTHING you do, but for your average gym rat wanting to be the biggest motherfucker that his genetics will allow without being compulsive obsessed with everything then just keep some simple things in mind and RELAX!

1. don't get crazy with your diet. Just eat whole foods and you can't go wrong, find out what digest well for you and doesn't give you gas and bloating. Track what you eat, this is as anal as you should get, you need to have an idea of how much you are eating so you can adjust according to your goal (gain or loose weight) keep protein constant and the amount of carbs or fats you eat is YOUR personal preference. There is no magic with any one diet (keto, vegan, bla bla bla) a calorie deficit will accomplish any thing that these types of diets will.

Training - fuck me, just go in everyday and train hard and intense! Try and beat your last session in the gym, some days you will feel best up and worn down, these day take your foot off the gas pedal SLIGHTLY and carry on! Choose as many compound exercises as possible and move your body through a plane as much as possible ie...squats over leg press, pull ups or rack chins over pulldowns, dips over pec deck (you get the idea.)

Rest- you grow outside the gym, if you are truly training hard and intense then training seven days a week is you telling yourself a lie :) ....Make getting as much sleep a night as much as a priority as training and eating.

Gear: use the least amount possible to get the job done, if your having nothing more than a cycle full of side effect what the duck is the purpose. Gear like training is all about progression, if you start out at the top of the mountain where do you go from there, find ways to make smaller amount of gear more effective (HGH, proviron, L-carnitine..ect) ;-)

Now I know everyone is reading this and is like "b-boy what the fuck, this is professional muscle, this is an advanced board we know this shit" but yet daily I still see advanced guys making threads about what exercise to improve their bicep peak and which food to eat first carbs or protein and a slew of other crazy over thinking nonsense threads, I'm sorry if this insults some of you as that was not the intent of this thread, it was to have a lot of you guys calm your minds and stop obsessing over small unimportant shit. Just work and grind daily and allow YOUR genetic potential to do the best it can do, no matter what you do some of you are not going to have a back like Doran Yates, or legs like Tom Platz, or a waist line like Frank Zane.

OK end of rant.

Man some of you guys really shock the hell out of me with your intense over thinking when it comes to building muscle, this game is actually quite simple! Now if you are a pro bodybuilder and trying to eek out every new muscle fiber you can then OK I can understand wanting to be precise with EVERYTHING you do, but for your average gym rat wanting to be the biggest motherfucker that his genetics will allow without being compulsive obsessed with everything then just keep some simple things in mind and RELAX!

1. don't get crazy with your diet. Just eat whole foods and you can't go wrong, find out what digest well for you and doesn't give you gas and bloating. Track what you eat, this is as anal as you should get, you need to have an idea of how much you are eating so you can adjust according to your goal (gain or loose weight) keep protein constant and the amount of carbs or fats you eat is YOUR personal preference. There is no magic with any one diet (keto, vegan, bla bla bla) a calorie deficit will accomplish any thing that these types of diets will.

Training - fuck me, just go in everyday and train hard and intense! Try and beat your last session in the gym, some days you will feel best up and worn down, these day take your foot off the gas pedal SLIGHTLY and carry on! Choose as many compound exercises as possible and move your body through a plane as much as possible ie...squats over leg press, pull ups or rack chins over pulldowns, dips over pec deck (you get the idea.)

Rest- you grow outside the gym, if you are truly training hard and intense then training seven days a week is you telling yourself a lie :) ....Make getting as much sleep a night as much as a priority as training and eating.

Gear: use the least amount possible to get the job done, if your having nothing more than a cycle full of side effect what the duck is the purpose. Gear like training is all about progression, if you start out at the top of the mountain where do you go from there, find ways to make smaller amount of gear more effective (HGH, proviron, L-carnitine..ect) ;-)

Now I know everyone is reading this and is like "b-boy what the fuck, this is professional muscle, this is an advanced board we know this shit" but yet daily I still see advanced guys making threads about what exercise to improve their bicep peak and which food to eat first carbs or protein and a slew of other crazy over thinking nonsense threads, I'm sorry if this insults some of you as that was not the intent of this thread, it was to have a lot of you guys calm your minds and stop obsessing over small unimportant shit. Just work and grind daily and allow YOUR genetic potential to do the best it can do, no matter what you do some of you are not going to have a back like Doran Yates, or legs like Tom Platz, or a waist line like Frank Zane.

OK end of rant.
Thanks for saying all this. I think many eople need to hear this as often as possible otherwise they get trapped in the minutia and never make progress; they then tend to either abuse PED's or just plain give up, a shame either way.

OK end of rant.

Now THAT, is some true wisdom.

OK end of rant.

everyone over here trying to do so many specifics blah blah to get to 200lbs 10-15%

eat clean food train hard not that hard spot on !

Anybody else feel this might be related or the bubbling over point from his response to the “eat cprotein before carbs” post 😂

But regardless, yes it’s just weeks upon months over years of consistency and WELL SAID b-boy 👍

Their fanatical about the smallest aspects, this sport breeds OCD. "Don't leave dollars on the floor trying to pick up Penny's."

Their fanatical about the smallest aspects, this sport breeds OCD. "Don't leave dollars on the floor trying to pick up Penny's."
Ha ha ha.... couldn't have said it better myself!!!!!

Anybody else feel this might be related or the bubbling over point from his response to the “eat cprotein before carbs” post 😂

But regardless, yes it’s just weeks upon months over years of consistency and WELL SAID b-boy 👍

There was some context to that thread though, like if I were trying to eat x amount of calories and I just couldn't eat all that food, I would choose to at least get all my protein in and in order to do that one might have to eat the protein on their plate first. But the smartest thing would be to increase fat intake in my diet thus adding more calories per volume to meals. BUT hey that's just ME ;-)

Let’s not mention how many diff types of anabolic they try thinking it’s gonna be a huge difference.

test Deca tren all works etc

you shouldn’t even be touching things like mast and contest anabolicsthinking it’s gonna magically shred you downpeople just do the most nowadays

I agree with b-boy there is a lot of overthinking these days. All the social media platforms is advertisement and it’s like who has or who’s doing the latest and greatest.
K.I.S.S Keep It Simple Stupid.

I’ve wasted so much money and increased the health risks involved with steroid use so high in the past with irresponsible doses that I thought were needed to achieve what I was after. Only to later in life accomplish the same goals with 25-30% the amount of gear.

Micro managing the body and believing that it is going to happen just the way you want it to....well good luck. Well educated and experienced people don't always get the results they want. Macro managing is about as as good as it gets for most people, I think.

Wish I had grasped this concept when I was younger..

Spent soooooo much money on "gurus" thinking they'd all give me the secret gear/diet combination.. maybe if you're competing then I can see a need but for an average gym rat with very average genetics like myself it was such a waste of money..

I remember reading where Tom Prince used Deca pre contest!

Fukk yea, great post, bboy! This post x 1,000,000,000,000

OK end of rant.

Amazing post, great post that needs to be read. I sometimes roll my eyes on forums at all these threads bout BCAA, intra-workout shakes, pre-workout stems, protein flavors, and "health stack"

None of these supplements are actually doing anything for health and building muscle, its all OCD. Diet and cardio for health, gear, sleep, diet, AAS for looks. No supplements needed.

The big guys didn't get big off supplements and being OCD, they got big by keeping it simple then got OCD.

Incredible Post B-BOY! I love it when a professional IFBB competitive bodybuilder like yourself gives advice because I know thats its real deal advice and no BS.
Being in the gym scene for so long..I see so many guys come and go..they go on this huge cycle..take all of this shit in huge doses like idiots..they blow up..get huge..strong..hold it like that for a few months..and then BAAM..they disappear and I don't see them in gym anymore..and if I see them..they lost every gain and you wouldn't think in a million years they juiced..this is all from the cycling concept they follow..and they got to do it ALL over again and start from scratch..
And then I see these HRT/TRT/Cruise crowd (In my gym..its a lot of the old timers who are the TRT/Cruise types). They look incredible year round..they never come off test..they stay on..and they made gradual but extremely solid strength and physique gains..and they KEEP IT...and day after day..they train with the same BRUTAL intensity..day after day..month after month..year after year...
so the slower and more gradual the gains..the BETTER for you! You get to keep it..your health..your gains..your strength..and still beat 99% of the juice heads out there.

Great post b-boy!

There's no magic!! Like LATS always says regarding the physiques of top bodybuilders, "You can take what they take, eat what they eat and train the way they train and most still won't look like them." Aside from training, diet, consistency, and drugs, it's genetics but people don't like that answer. There's no control there. They want there to be that magic cycle, drug, workout, that can get them to Ronnie status. The love of training and being consistent is the foundation for bodybuilding, powerlifting, etc.

It’s easy to overthink once the hormones are on a rollercoaster
Makes me go insane with anxiety

lmao. I made a comment pertaining to this on another post and was told to start my own post and no one was asking for advice. fucking keyboard bodybuilders. I've gone from 160 to 261 at my heaviest and competed on a national stage and been here probably around on and off over 15 years under different aliases. KISS. truer words could not be spoken B-boy. it really is pretty simple, genetics dictate all else. it does provide entertainment though.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member