advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Last update for a while! Back Fusion bros tell me what to expect.

Whether you are talking about people or machinery. If you use it a lot or under a heavy load it will break or wear out sooner. Pretty much no way around it. If the sense of satisfaction from challenging yourself, being big or strong is worth the downsides then do it if not let it go. Nothing lasts forever. The more you put into something the less you have to give to something else.

I will admit lifting heavy is fun but if it means permanent damage, it’s not worth it to me

I wasn’t aware of this before, I always thought it was a form issue
I’m going to stick to machines, I workout mainly for health reasons now (staying fit and active)

Hope the OP gets better though and figures out what’s wrong. Can’t imagine having to go through that myself.

As the days go by, I’m starting to think more and more bodybuilding isn’t worth it, to me at least

I think the abdominal muscles are innervated by nerves at the thoracic level, but I don't see any issues listed in that post you made. Have you had trouble with your back in the thoracic area?
No. I do have a bad diastasis recti, and I suspect that has something to do with it.

I will admit lifting heavy is fun but if it means permanent damage, it’s not worth it to me

I wasn’t aware of this before, I always thought it was a form issue
I’m going to stick to machines, I workout mainly for health reasons now (staying fit and active)

Hope the OP gets better though and figures out what’s wrong. Can’t imagine having to go through that myself.

As the days go by, I’m starting to think more and more bodybuilding isn’t worth it, to me at least
Heavy loads on a machine can do damage as well. And they lock you into a set plane of motion and can cause repetitive injuries IMO. My first real injury was on a leg press. Bodybuilding and health can go together I think. But not if you are chasing size and strength as your main goal.

I know exactly what your going threw. Back surgery and depression go hand and hand.
Heavy loads on a machine can do damage as well. And they lock you into a set plane of motion and can cause repetitive injuries IMO. My first real injury was on a leg press. Bodybuilding and health can go together I think. But not if you are chasing size and strength as your main goal.
Had back issues long as I can remember but what put me on the operating table was though's seated leg press machines..

Had L2-S1 fused,w hardware. C4-5 as well. Hang in there,it will get better. I thought I'd never be able to train again,just needed plenty of time to heal&re-think my training.

3 surgeries here since 2017 to L5-S1 with the final being a fusion in may 2018. In my case I would have been better off getting the fusion done the first surgery. The recovery has been longer and more difficult each time they've cut me. My guess is the trauma from cutting the same place 3 times, roughing up the nerves in that area 3 times, and repetitive damage is probably why my recovery is taking so long this time. I was told up to 2 years for full recovery after the fusion surgery. I've been working around it the best that I safely can and it has helped with the depression and help strengthen muscles that help to stabilize my lower back. My back hurts less if I keep up with training than it does if I avoid it. I'm still not out of the woods yet but continue to improve. I've had some scary setbacks but have actually come back a little better after each one and learned something new each time. It's a learning process...

My advice is don't give up, allow yourself time to adapt, doing nothing is not an option if you want to get well, walking can be the most effective recovery therapy that you can do if your Dr. says your safe to do so, and ALWAYS keep telling yourself that you are getting better even when you feel it's the opposite. Hope, gratitude, and optimism is powerful medicine so use it often and gratuitously. It ain't over brother. Take care of business and get to recovering. Oh and if you are as fortunate as I am to have someone that loves you helping you while your down, thank them often, and make sure they know how much you appreciate and love them. If not, remind yourself that we are owed nothing and use your survival instincts to take care of you. Stay in touch with us and best wishes to you!

I always recommend Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery if that is an option. I had my L4-5 done with the hardware and laminectomy . Little pain as the incision is very small and they don't have to split you down the back. Back to daily activities in a week. Then progressed form there.

I have spinal stenosis, they want to fuse 2 lower levels. I have held off the past 3 1/2 years now, waiting on better alternatives.
I know people talk about doing stem cell therapy, but has anyone ever done this? Especially on your back. What was your results?

I have spinal stenosis, they want to fuse 2 lower levels. I have held off the past 3 1/2 years now, waiting on better alternatives.
I know people talk about doing stem cell therapy, but has anyone ever done this? Especially on your back. What was your results?

Stem cells won't work with stenosis. Stenosis is the narrowing of the disc spaces and nerve roots and stem cells don't fix that.

3 surgeries here since 2017 to L5-S1 with the final being a fusion in may 2018. In my case I would have been better off getting the fusion done the first surgery. The recovery has been longer and more difficult each time they've cut me. My guess is the trauma from cutting the same place 3 times, roughing up the nerves in that area 3 times, and repetitive damage is probably why my recovery is taking so long this time. I was told up to 2 years for full recovery after the fusion surgery. I've been working around it the best that I safely can and it has helped with the depression and help strengthen muscles that help to stabilize my lower back. My back hurts less if I keep up with training than it does if I avoid it. I'm still not out of the woods yet but continue to improve. I've had some scary setbacks but have actually come back a little better after each one and learned something new each time. It's a learning process...

My advice is don't give up, allow yourself time to adapt, doing nothing is not an option if you want to get well, walking can be the most effective recovery therapy that you can do if your Dr. says your safe to do so, and ALWAYS keep telling yourself that you are getting better even when you feel it's the opposite. Hope, gratitude, and optimism is powerful medicine so use it often and gratuitously. It ain't over brother. Take care of business and get to recovering. Oh and if you are as fortunate as I am to have someone that loves you helping you while your down, thank them often, and make sure they know how much you appreciate and love them. If not, remind yourself that we are owed nothing and use your survival instincts to take care of you. Stay in touch with us and best wishes to you!

Most if not all my pain is at night and in the leg. My right leg all day and night just hurts. It feels as if someone punched me in the leg like a charlie horse all day. Calf is numb all the time and shooting pains in the calf and knee. My lower back aches but most pain is in the right leg. That's the part that depresses me the most. Week before surgery I was leg pressing 800 lbs. Now the right leg is just barely functional and I walk with a cane and limp. It sucks.

Most if not all my pain is at night and in the leg. My right leg all day and night just hurts. It feels as if someone punched me in the leg like a charlie horse all day. Calf is numb all the time and shooting pains in the calf and knee. My lower back aches but most pain is in the right leg. That's the part that depresses me the most. Week before surgery I was leg pressing 800 lbs. Now the right leg is just barely functional and I walk with a cane and limp. It sucks.
I understand but don't give up. I've been so bad that I could only crawl to get to where I needed to go. It can and most likely will get much better with surgery and time. When the nerves are compressed by a herniated disc it can literally cripple you but if the surgery takes away the offending diseased disc it will seem like magic...

The studies show only about half of people are happy with their back surgeries. But it depends on your Dr., what your expectations were along with other things. I have multiple issues with my back but it has not lowered my quality of life yet to decide to have more spine surgery. I find we can be the best PT for our selves quite often. After my spine surgery my Dr. said he wasn't sending me to a PT as he figured I would do what needed to be done.

I, like you was squatting 565 for 14 reps and then immediately did a set with 405 for 20 reps literally the night before one of my episodes with my back... Leg press can put you at a high risk of lumbar disc problems especially if your lower back moves at all away from the pad. Each disc can affect different nerves exactly like you are describing. Hang in there bud.

The studies show only about half of people are happy with their back surgeries. But it depends on your Dr., what your expectations were along with other things. I have multiple issues with my back but it has not lowered my quality of life yet to decide to have more spine surgery. I find we can be the best PT for our selves quite often. After my spine surgery my Dr. said he wasn't sending me to a PT as he figured I would do what needed to be done.

Yea, With both back surgeries went to PT once and hated it for the fact was committed to a schedule twice a week when I can do this at home. I mean therapist would tell you to do a couple reps of this and that and leave to work with another client while lying on the table for 10 minutes waiting....

This surgery was supposed to be my cure now it has become my curse.

Yea, With both back surgeries went to PT once and hated it for the fact was committed to a schedule twice a week when I can do this at home. I mean therapist would tell you to do a couple reps of this and that and leave to work with another client while lying on the table for 10 minutes waiting....
My limited dealing with therapists was probably better. I was the only client. But I would ask questions that they had never been asked before even though they had dealt with Pro athletes. And as there is usually stretching and exercises to do every day. I would just show up to evaluate progress. At most they would tell me to come back every 4-6 weeks for a sheet of new exercises and stretches as I am pretty self motivated. Even though it hurt and sucked a lot.

This surgery was supposed to be my cure now it has become my curse.
Mine too bro but after the third surgery and 1.5 years post op, it is finally improving. I still have some setbacks but overall it is gradually improving more and more. I'm the type of person that if I see a twinkle of hope or opportunity, I can make it through damn near anything.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
mp18201
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131