over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Antipsychotic meds and weight gain

rgrmedic

Registered
I’ve talked in the past about my issue with mental health. Over the years I’ve been prescribed antipsychotics and it always resulted in serious weight gain .. like 40lbs in 45 days serious. I was hoping if I followed a strict keto diet that I could combat the weight gain.. I was wrong. I tried to taper off the drugs but the withdrawal I terrible and I become incredibly irritated. I’ve heard using metformin while on these drugs can help.
Do any of you out there have experience with this sort of issue?

I have worked in a addiction centre where these meds are often prescribed. I’ve seen 40lbs in 3 weeks. Some of those meds just boost appetite like crazy. I doubt metformin is going to do a whole lot. Talk to your doctor about this. Some anti psychotics don’t have this side effect, or at least not as extreme.

If you don't mind me asking, what drugs are you taking? That's a lot of weight gain so fast. Have you been killing the food or no?

I’ve talked in the past about my issue with mental health. Over the years I’ve been prescribed antipsychotics and it always resulted in serious weight gain .. like 40lbs in 45 days serious. I was hoping if I followed a strict keto diet that I could combat the weight gain.. I was wrong. I tried to taper off the drugs but the withdrawal I terrible and I become incredibly irritated. I’ve heard using metformin while on these drugs can help.
Do any of you out there have experience with this sort of issue?
I would not get off the meds. You may want to see if there are either alternate meds or adding another med that cuts appetite. Can you eat clean and bulk? Metformin does help with killing appetite.

Several different antipsychotics will negatively affect the PK/PD (pharmacokinetics/ pharmacodynamics) of Metformin.

Without knowing the specific antipsychotic you're taking, I'd shy away from mixing the two.

I would not get off the meds. You may want to see if there are either alternate meds or adding another med that cuts appetite. Can you eat clean and bulk? Metformin does help with killing appetite.

I wish Metformin would kill my hunger some times. I've never found that to be the case.

I wish Metformin would kill my hunger some times. I've never found that to be the case.
Try superdrol. Your liver will be upset with you, but you won't feel like eating nearly as much.

If you don't mind me asking, what drugs are you taking? That's a lot of weight gain so fast. Have you been killing the food or no?
Total meds ambien, propanalol , trazadone, olanzapine, prazosin, hydroxazine, amlodipine. Didn’t change how much I ate until last week. I come up to New York to spend the holidays with my kids .. so I eat like shit for the time I’m here. As I went up with the dose (under doctors orders) I didn’t notice anything until a few days after Halloween. So I got more strict (logging my macros “) three weeks later people were noticing how much weight I had gained. I started lowering the dose .. but I can’t get under 40 miligrams or my SX gets WAY worse

Def don't try to stop taking meds with the help of your doctor. I obviously recommend you talk to your doc about weight gain from these drugs. Not telling you what to do, but just be smart about it.

I remember when I used Paxil back in 1998, I gained so much weight it was sickening. I'm someone who doesn't get fat easily.

Try superdrol. Your liver will be upset with you, but you won't feel like eating nearly as much.

I have posted on injecting SD previously, SD doesn't affect me like that. I actually feel great on it. It's the one drug that places me in the zone. It's never given me any bad sides besides putting my cholesterol in the tank.

I have posted on injecting SD previously, SD doesn't affect me like that. I actually feel great on it. It's the one drug that places me in the zone. It's never given me any bad sides besides putting my cholesterol in the tank.
How about oral superdrol? That seems to effect many people's appetite.

I take depakote for my epilepsy and it is classified as anti-psychotic and anti convulsant. I experienced weight gain initially when I began taking it several years ago. Did your weight gain start at a similar time to when you might have upped your dosages or changed meds? I spoke with my epileptologist about this and we reduced depakote dose to help with weight gain. It was a moderate reduction in dose so maybe talk to your doc and see if dosage reduction is even possible without negative side effects. best of luck to you brother!

I see you are on a lot of different meds. Do you know if any of them are worse than others for weight gain? Maybe you and your doctors can work out a different dosing schedule, perhaps taking a bit more of the ones that don't cause as much trouble and less or none of the ones that do? Your doctors should agree that it is worth looking into since your overall health is of the most importance. Weight gain like you have experienced is certainly not great for health and wellbeing.

Should be a way to realistically reduce the weight gain to say 20lbs rather than 40.

the meds used in traditional medicine to me are more poisen the medicine, i had them pushed on me for years when younger but never was willing to accept the limitations that go along with them. one can accomplish the same or better without them but it is considerable work, sacrifice money and ostracization. delt with this my entire life at 40 + im better physically and mentally then at any other point, i generally will not take any main stream meds. to the point of being more judicious with tylenol then any of our traditionally banned substances.

taking more drugs is prob not the best route.

Several different antipsychotics will negatively affect the PK/PD (pharmacokinetics/ pharmacodynamics) of Metformin.

Without knowing the specific antipsychotic you're taking, I'd shy away from mixing the two.

Perhaps now is the time to say something but a clue I am without. Ergo, I defer to Stewie...I think.;P

Perhaps now is the time to say something but a clue I am without. Ergo, I defer to Stewie...I think.;P
Zyprexa is most likely the med. that is causing your weight gain. There are just so many factors to consider here for anyone to make a responsible recomendation, unless it was their own personal experience on these same medications. Typically a medication can work for u very well but have the opposite result on another. I would speak to ur psych and ask him what other choices do u have for an antipsychotic. At the same time I would highly recomend seeing a therapist to assist you with resolving some of the core issues related to your anxiety, trauma, sleep disturbance and any issues related to chemical dependency. The struggle is real brother, i know.

Don't feel bad.......Stewie is ProM's version of Obi-Wan Kenobi. He got pulled over for speeding once, and when the cop asked for license and registraion...Stewie waved his hand in front of his face and said "These aren't the droids you're looking for....." Then the cop said " Have a nice day ", and left.

I guess you're just being a douchebag looking for a laugh, suggesting somebody on anti-psychotic meds takes superdrol?

I guess you're just being a douchebag looking for a laugh, suggesting somebody on anti-psychotic meds takes superdrol?
I didn't mean for him to take it seriously. If you want to insult people go to another board. I saw one of your other posts recently where you insulted somebody else without being provoked. I hope you get banned soon. ProM doesn't need people like you here.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Peterwilliam
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131