advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Does gh shut down growth hormone the way aas do?

Love_to_Bodybuild

Kilo Klub Member
Registered

A study posted showed those who take gh while taking it, their gh isnt working as well while sleeping. It goes onto say htpa is effected like steroids

So like aas, because I had to go on trt , will one end up with low levels of growth hormone if they use?

It's not comparable. The suppressive effect of exogenous GH on endogenous production is much more short lived. Roughly 24h after your last GH shot, your endogenous production is starting to recover. So short term use of GH will not lead to problems with GH secretion years later. As for continuous use of GH for years on end, we don't know for certain. There are no studies looking at what happens when healthy individuals abuse high doses of GH for years and then come off. I suspect that your natural production will kick back in even after a long time of using exogenous GH. Worst case, you have to take GH replacement therapy in your old age, not the end of the world. You'll probably want to do that anyway since GH secretion decreases rapidly with age.

I agree with the guy in the video about the importance of injecting at least part of your GH dose prior to bed. He's wrong about one detail though. IGF-1 is not the primary mechanism through which exogenous GH suppresses endogenous production. Indeed, endogenous production is already suppressed long before IGF-1 levels increase. Further reading:

We have demonstrated the time course of the suppressive effect induced by exogenous 20K-hGH on endogenous 22K-hGH secretion in humans. The reduction of serum 22K-hGH level after 20K-hGH administration required a period of ca. 4 h, and the level tended to recover by 24 h. However, the delay in suppression of endogenous 22K-hGH by exogenous 20K-hGH is difficult to define precisely because of the intermittent nature of hGH secretion. Additional studies are required to clarify the time lag between 20K-hGH exposure and suppression of endogenous 22K-hGH. In previous studies (31, 32), single intramuscularly or sc administration of hGH (with monitoring of the resulting plasma profiles) showed a delayed and prolonged suppressive effect on rat GH secretion. The time course of endogenous GH suppression in rats was similar to but faster than that in humans reported here. The fast time course in rats was probably due to the rapid absorption of hGH in this species (14, 33). Willoughby et al. (31) suggested that suppression is achieved through metabolic or other intermediary processes, rather than acutely by a direct membrane effect of the hGH molecule.

The marked suppression of endogenous 22K-hGH secretion occurred in parallel with the FFA elevation; serum FFA levels increased with maximum levels at 4–8 h and recovered by 24 h after 20K-hGH administration. In contrast, serum IGF-I levels increased after 8 h and were prolonged up to 24 h or more, and no increase in circulating glucose levels was observed for 24 h. Our data are consistent with those of Rosenthal et al. (34), who found that 6-h methionyl 22K-hGH infusion raised plasma FFA levels but not IGF-I or glucose levels and blunted GHRH-induced GH secretion in normal men. Of the main hGH-dependent substances, elevation of FFA rather than IGF-I levels may play a leading role at least in the marked 22K-hGH suppression at AUC6–12 h after a single sc administration of 20K-hGH. Administration of FFA markedly reduced the basal GH secretion and blocked GH secretion induced by pharmacological and physiological stimuli in humans (23, 35). Recently, Briard et al. (36) reported that FFA acts both at the hypothalamic level, through increased somatostatin secretion, and at the pituitary level in sheep.

The suppression of 22K-hGH secretion was observed even at the lowest dose of 20K-hGH administered (0.01 mg/kg), with a Cmax of 8.1 ± 4.1 ng/mL. Rosenthal et al. (34) reported that the GHRH-induced GH response in humans was significantly inhibited during 6-h methionyl 22K-hGH infusion, whereas the plasma GH level remained constant (9–13 ng/mL). Therefore, the effect of 20K-hGH on negative feedback may be as potent as that of 22K-hGH.

Previous studies from this laboratory and by others in rats, monkeys, and humans support the concept that growth hormone (GH) can regulate its own secretion through an autofeedback mechanism. With the availability of human growth hormone-releasing factor (GRF), the possible existence of such a mechanism was reexplored by examining the effect of exogenous GH on the GH response induced by GRF-44-NH2 in six normal men (mean age, 32.4 yr). In all subjects the plasma GH response evoked by GRF-44-NH2 (1 microgram/kg i.v. bolus) was studied before and after 5 d of placebo (1 ml normal saline i.m. every 12 h), and then before and 12 h after 5 d of biosynthetic methionyl human GH (5 U i.m. every 12 h). The GH response to GRF (maximal increment over time 0 value) was significantly inhibited after GH treatment (0-1.3 vs. 2.3-11.2 ng/ml before treatment, P = 0.05), but was not significantly affected by placebo. This impaired pituitary response to GRF persisted for at least 24 h following exogenous GH treatment in two subjects who underwent further study. Serum somatomedin-C concentrations were significantly increased after 5 d of GH treatment (2.66-5.00 vs. 0.92-1.91 U/ml before treatment, P = less than 0.01). The impaired pituitary response to GRF may be mediated indirectly through somatomedin, somatostatin, by a direct effect of GH on the pituitary somatotropes, or by all of these mechanisms. These data suggest that after GH treatment, the blunted GH response to synthetic GRF is not solely a consequence of the inhibition of hypothalamic GRF secretion.

Ive been running off the assumption prebed gh dosing was a bad idea. So at the moment im taking 4iu a day. 2iu when i wake up and 2iu in the afternoon.

Would it be better to take the afternoon dose prior to bed?

It's not comparable. The suppressive effect of exogenous GH on endogenous production is much more short lived. Roughly 24h after your last GH shot, your endogenous production is starting to recover. So short term use of GH will not lead to problems with GH secretion years later. As for continuous use of GH for years on end, we don't know for certain. There are no studies looking at what happens when healthy individuals abuse high doses of GH for years and then come off. I suspect that your natural production will kick back in even after a long time of using exogenous GH. Worst case, you have to take GH replacement therapy in your old age, not the end of the world. You'll probably want to do that anyway since GH secretion decreases rapidly with age.

I agree with the guy in the video about the importance of injecting at least part of your GH dose prior to bed. He's wrong about one detail though. IGF-1 is not the primary mechanism through which exogenous GH suppresses endogenous production. Indeed, endogenous production is already suppressed long before IGF-1 levels increase. Further reading:

It depends on the dose obviously as well how much your body produces, as it states in the video

pre- intra and post make sense. Post makes the most sense to me as you just trained, tore muscle, taking in protein, nutrients, carbs , creatine, beta alanine , glutamine, as these are the best time to take them in.

would gh at this time be the best time to optimally have gh levels to repair the damage?

A study posted showed those who take gh while taking it, their gh isnt working as well while sleeping. It goes onto say htpa is effected like steroids

So like aas, because I had to go on trt , will one end up with low levels of growth hormone if they use?

I assume they're talking about people who don't have GH problems and have normal production? Otherwise, if you're on it for medical reasons, it's because your GH already isn't working, and you're replacing the production you don't have. I'm on 0.2mg (works out to be roughly 0.5iu) of omnitrope 5 days/week before bed as prescribed to me.

I assume they're talking about people who don't have GH problems and have normal production? Otherwise, if you're on it for medical reasons, it's because your GH already isn't working, and you're replacing the production you don't have. I'm on 0.2mg (works out to be roughly 0.5iu) of omnitrope 5 days/week before bed as prescribed to me.
Does 0.5 iu's keeps your gh in normal- optimal levels?

No this would be pre competition only

I have run GH for years on/off from 2iu to 9iu and we are talkin pharma shit not fake crap, so lang story short i got my ass in jail for some time and had 0 gh for about 1,5 year after i got released i went to my Doc and had some diff blood tests to see where everything was and GH production was actually sligthly above normal value, thyroid was fine etc

I have run GH for years on/off from 2iu to 9iu and we are talkin pharma shit not fake crap, so lang story short i got my ass in jail for some time and had 0 gh for about 1,5 year after i got released i went to my Doc and had some diff blood tests to see where everything was and GH production was actually sligthly above normal value, thyroid was fine etc
everyone may not bounce back from it like you did; however im glad your gh tested high and thyroid good after not using gh for one and a half years

Its cliche, I know, and so over looked, bloodwork is important

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner