advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

"anabolic rebound" , hypertrophy or just temporary super compensation??

Gunsmith

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I've heard this term a few times and heard several "coaches" talk about how they can add 20 pounds of lean mass in a couple months post contest stating that it's actual keepable gains. I personally have not see such a thing , I have experienced a big super compensation for a couple weeks after a show when calories are brought back up.
Just wondering if this is actually something that guys have experienced or of it's even a physiological possibility.??
What if a guy ran a cycle of 5-6iu HGH with some insulin during this time of that might make it possible to actually make solid gains , more than normal during the post contest phase?

I think it will depend how advance you are as somebody who train 15 years will have more temporary effect but somebody who has still a lot of gains to get before he will reach his limits. First case temporary and later more fat gain in second case lot of muscle lot of water and a little bit of bodyfat.

I don't know about the 20 lbs number but your body certainly is the most anabolic in the first few weeks/months back on high calories after a period of caloric restriction. It's what the zig zag-diet (I think this is how it's called) is based on.

Once again the secret is INSULIN SENSITIVITY!!!!

I cant remember where i saw it, but someone explained it to me like this.
After months of a deficit, gradually starving and your body fighting to hold onto its life reserves (Bodyfat), it would make zero sense (to the body, from a survival perspective) to add on additional tissue that is metabolic demanding and will increase the bodies demand for calories in the long term.

A simple explanation, and there is more to it, especially when enhanced. But from an initial observation, it makes sense.

However...

B-boy said it best.

Insulin sensitivity.

There is absolutely a Super compensation effect at play, especially in regards to the muscle fullness that is always evident during the rebound phase.

Could you gain some new muscle if you stick to the diet and lowered drugs for 12 weeks post comp? Absolutely. But i believe insulin sensitivity and the benefits of nutrient absorption that comes with this, is the main driver of the "muscle gain" that occurs after a contest season.

Bump.

I was going to start my own thread but this is pretty much the exact same thing.

After a couple free days i'll be going on a structured diet. I'm thinking I'll have 3 high days a week out of my 5 training days. 3 high, 2 medium, 2 low. High days with lantus + log, medium log, low would be no insulin of course. Berberine before bed nightly. 5iu GH.

What do you guys think? I'll start a log to hold myself accountable if anyone is interested but if you guys have got any tips or changes you'd make, i'm all ears.

Last time I rebounded I got up to 227 so I'd like to break that. I was fairly sloppy but I'm thinking adding the GH and strategically adding insulin will help in that regard. Last time I just worked my way up in insulin dose which in hindsight wasn't a good idea. I'll likely compete somewhere around 197-199 to help give some insight on my goal here.

Once again the secret is INSULIN SENSITIVITY!!!!
Bingo. I've been wondering if I should leave gh out of the picture during the rebound, in order to maximize insulin sensitivity for the first month or so.

Bump.

I was going to start my own thread but this is pretty much the exact same thing.

After a couple free days i'll be going on a structured diet. I'm thinking I'll have 3 high days a week out of my 5 training days. 3 high, 2 medium, 2 low. High days with lantus + log, medium log, low would be no insulin of course. Berberine before bed nightly. 5iu GH.

What do you guys think? I'll start a log to hold myself accountable if anyone is interested but if you guys have got any tips or changes you'd make, i'm all ears.

Last time I rebounded I got up to 227 so I'd like to break that. I was fairly sloppy but I'm thinking adding the GH and strategically adding insulin will help in that regard. Last time I just worked my way up in insulin dose which in hindsight wasn't a good idea. I'll likely compete somewhere around 197-199 to help give some insight on my goal here.
I think you have a very good plan, do not overdo it with carbohydrates, i.e. at the beginning I would add a lot of them and then only when it is needed, i.e. when the weight remains constant for a longer time, i.e. for 12-14 days, then add a little - 40-60g per day

I think you have a very good plan, do not overdo it with carbohydrates, i.e. at the beginning I would add a lot of them and then only when it is needed, i.e. when the weight remains constant for a longer time, i.e. for 12-14 days, then add a little - 40-60g per day

You are one of the people I was hoping would chime in here. Appreciate your input. I noticed in your log how your IGF spiked after lantus administration which is a big factor for why I thought to add it in sporadically. In the past I assumed it would need to be in place daily for those types of effects.

I've seen to many ppl make drastic improvements post show (who do things right) to make me second guess.

I've seen a few guys put on 40 pounds in 8 weeks and keep their bodyfat very low. I'll give 75 percent of that intramuscular water retention but it looks phenomenal and the next time they step on stage there up 20 pounds over the previous year so I'm sold

I didn't read this thread yet but the nutrient supercompensation is what can give you the ideal environment for hypertrophy. I also believe that a bit of muscle you staved off is easily regained quite quickly and it can accommodate for even more tissue gains afterwards.

I didn't read this thread yet but the nutrient supercompensation is what can give you the ideal environment for hypertrophy. I also believe that a bit of muscle you staved off is easily regained quite quickly and it can accommodate for even more tissue gains afterwards.
The whole losing muscle thing I'm not sold on. We are on a large amount of anabolics. More and more as we get closer to the show. If you really had to suffer Maybe you'll loose a small amount but I think most cases it's just people arnt as big as they think they are. A lot of people stay Flat for too long and it takes them quiet awhile to actually fill back out again tho

Water more likely. My BP always got nutz in those first few weeks after a comp.

The whole losing muscle thing I'm not sold on. We are on a large amount of anabolics. More and more as we get closer to the show. If you really had to suffer Maybe you'll loose a small amount but I think most cases it's just people arnt as big as they think they are. A lot of people stay Flat for too long and it takes them quiet awhile to actually fill back out again tho
I get what you are saying, but I think that most people who get bone dry and in condition will typically lose a small amount of muscle mass. It's a practically immeasurable scenario unless you are doing hydro or possible dexa testing semi-often in the final month. Note: I am not talking about 10+ lbs, I am more likely looking at the 1-3lbs range.

I happen to have the genetics where I have never noticeably seen muscle loss myself to any degree but I also hold onto muscle really well in every scenario I have ever evaluated. Trt, off completely, diets, rebounds...etc.

I get what you are saying, but I think that most people who get bone dry and in condition will typically lose a small amount of muscle mass. It's a practically immeasurable scenario unless you are doing hydro or possible dexa testing semi-often in the final month. Note: I am not talking about 10+ lbs, I am more likely looking at the 1-3lbs range.

I happen to have the genetics where I have never noticeably seen muscle loss myself to any degree but I also hold onto muscle really well in every scenario I have ever evaluated. Trt, off completely, diets, rebounds...etc.
Oh well yeah for the people who actually get peeled I can see that. I was thinking about all the people who say "I lost so much muscle this prep" na you just weren't as big as you thought lol. I've had it where I really had to push the carbs and calories low. And I could not fill out for the life of me. 2 and 3 day refeeds weren't even doing it until I rebounded then after 2 weeks I filled back out.

Your genetics and cause you do things right lol

I been competing for so long

And super compensation is real, glycogen overload leads to fat gain. insulin won’t help, and you need to gradually lower your anabolics and not stop cold turkey.

I don’t think making progress post show will be any different than anytime of the year if your insulin sensitivity is there

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
knarf447
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131