YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How many of us are really paying close attention to lab results?

Love_to_Bodybuild

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I know I could do more. I was getting it once every three months for years . Insurance had some challenges. Now its up to me to get after it.

my ast and alt liver enzymes have been slightly high like 50-70's even before I used gear. My Doctor got onto me about that and I used Tudca and milk thistle and that brought it back into range.

some other markers may be low, and or high, slightly usually and generally go back into range and my doctor taught me as long as theyre not high continually or low and go back into range its okay. example my thryoid tsh (had t3 reverse, t3 off top of my head) its been lower than id like, its been normal, higher a bit higher normal which I like.

Another is creatinine /bun, seems to be high sometimes.

I like to practice what i preach its been ten months since last had labs . Guess I try to get them soon again to make sure everything's good

I used to do 2-3 bloodwork per year but that was when I blasted it twice a year. Always the same marker that were out of range. Hematocrit/hemo/ LDL/HDL and ast (even tho no orals). None were extremely out of range.

Haven’t blasted in over a year aaaaaand neither did bloodwork in over a year😅

I do bloodwork once or twice a year I really don't see the need to do it more than that.

I’ve done it twice in past 4 months and already paid for 2 more that I will get done within the next 3/4 months.

I typically did it 1 time a year which turned into 2. That turned into me now in therapy for Illness Anxiety Disorder because 1-2 times turned into 3-10 times a MONTH (that’s not a typo).

Now taking a step back my advice to anyone would be you shouldn’t be doing so many drugs you need bloodwork multiple times a year. Hell, at 20-40 years old your not getting bloodwork that much unless you have a catastrophic illness. People with early to mid stage kidney failure generally do once a year. My step sister with cancer did/does twice a year and now only once.

I digress, my answer is I paid so much attention that I’d have a panic attack if my creatinine was barely elevated, that I looked for black market chemo drugs if my wbc was low-normal because I was convinced I had cancer. My c reactive protein was slightly elevated and I tried to bribe a cardiologist $50,000 to help me get on a
transplant list (that’s not a joke...at all).

i know two others on this site that convinced me to get therapy as both did the same for illness anxiety.

I am NOT remotely suggesting ped users should forego medical care/evaluation because they could get illness anxiety. I’m saying find a good gp that you trust and work with them exclusively on a plan to make sure you are healthy and stay healthy and for the love of God if you are in a situation you are taking so many drugs you need bloods that often to make sure your not dying...stop. Again, just think a “normal adult” recommendation for a physical and bloods for 22-64 year olds is every 1-3 years...that’s it. If you are generally healthy cholesterol checks every 5 years. Places like Cleveland clinic recommend a 5 year rule until you are 45 ie a physical bloods at 30, 35, 40, 45, and then every 1-3 years at your docs discretion.

im getting way off topic far out of the scope of your initial question lol. Sorry!

also when I used the word “you” I don’t mean you (as in OP) I’m talking in generalities about the bbing community.

I typically did it 1 time a year which turned into 2. That turned into me now in therapy for Illness Anxiety Disorder because 1-2 times turned into 3-10 times a MONTH (that’s not a typo).

Now taking a step back my advice to anyone would be you shouldn’t be doing so many drugs you need bloodwork multiple times a year. Hell, at 20-40 years old your not getting bloodwork that much unless you have a catastrophic illness. People with early to mid stage kidney failure generally do once a year. My step sister with cancer did/does twice a year and now only once.

I digress, my answer is I paid so much attention that I’d have a panic attack if my creatinine was barely elevated, that I looked for black market chemo drugs if my wbc was low-normal because I was convinced I had cancer. My c reactive protein was slightly elevated and I tried to bribe a cardiologist $50,000 to help me get on a
transplant list (that’s not a joke...at all).

i know two others on this site that convinced me to get therapy as both did the same for illness anxiety.

I am NOT remotely suggesting ped users should forego medical care/evaluation because they could get illness anxiety. I’m saying find a good gp that you trust and work with them exclusively on a plan to make sure you are healthy and stay healthy and for the love of God if you are in a situation you are taking so many drugs you need bloods that often to make sure your not dying...stop. Again, just think a “normal adult” recommendation for a physical and bloods for 22-64 year olds is every 1-3 years...that’s it. If you are generally healthy cholesterol checks every 5 years. Places like Cleveland clinic recommend a 5 year rule until you are 45 ie a physical bloods at 30, 35, 40, 45, and then every 1-3 years at your docs discretion.

im getting way off topic far out of the scope of your initial question lol. Sorry!

also when I used the word “you” I don’t mean you (as in OP) I’m talking in generalities about the bbing community.

Oh man sorry to hear you have the same condition I do - I suffer from extreme hypochondria but still nothing like you - I’d get BW twice a month and take every single Med known to man to help with whatever issue I have / had
Never nothing major - but as you know we worry ourselves to death
I have since calmed down a lot - but still worry...I just try not to think about it as much
I actually haven’t had BW since October

Oh man sorry to hear you have the same condition I do - I suffer from extreme hypochondria but still nothing like you - I’d get BW twice a month and take every single Med known to man to help with whatever issue I have / had
Never nothing major - but as you know we worry ourselves to death
I have since calmed down a lot - but still worry...I just try not to think about it as much
I actually haven’t had BW since October

same here! I got bloods in aug and then October and that’s when my GP say me down for a talk...

All my bloods were perfect in aug and October and I’m in therapy now. For me it’s not so much about “feelings” I’m getting behavioral therapy because my ocd tendencies kick in and I’ll straight up order and get bloods done 5 days in a row or spend 100 hours researching online (that’s the worst for people like us!).

the new plans are I see my doc twice a year. Once for bloods and the other time for a general “check in”. Honestly just reading your post makes me feel better so I appreciate you sharing that. The anxiety was really impacting my life.

I recently found a doctor who tested for all my nutrients. I found my RBC folate was very low, zinc and copper also slightly on the lower side of normal, etc. things like that can make a big difference in how you feel but you can go your whole life without knowing about it because they’re not routinely tested.

I do blood work once a year as it's mandatory here in Japan. I always test when I am on so I see real numbers. I have followed a lot of Dante's advice and have numbers never seen in my life this far.

Once a year + physical even tho I’m on nothing but protein powder.

I have a wellness checkup once a year. So blood work for that. I usually have blood work done on my own a few months before that to see if things are out of whack to give me time to correct them, But I'm 61 and would like to last a few more years.

I think its great staying on top of labs to prevent potential blood clots, kidney issues etc but it's only half the battle.

What gets a lot of bbers is cardiomyopathy and cardiomegaly. And it's no surprise when we think about how hard we push for size. For those of you that can get an echocardiogram I advise you to so, it's a great non invasive way to reveal any changes in ejection fraction, heart shape changes and heart value issues. The only other way to diagnose is getting a heart cath. Unfortunately the way most of us have to learn we have cardiac issues is having a heart attack, cardiac arrest or manifestation of congestive heart failure.

I would continue to get routine lab work because it's important but also suggest checking your heart function checked every couple of years as well as long as your "on".

I recently found a doctor who tested for all my nutrients. I found my RBC folate was very low, zinc and copper also slightly on the lower side of normal, etc. things like that can make a big difference in how you feel but you can go your whole life without knowing about it because they’re not routinely tested.

Yea its so hard to notice or "feel" any defencies of minerals and vitamins because they deplete over time instead if instantly (unless its something like scurvy where it's pretty obvious). I recently got my D levels checked and sure enough they were low. I've had repeat labs after doing several weeks at 2000 iu D3 and they came back good. I don't notice or feel any better but it's nice having that peice of mind not having to worry about osteoporosis or any other condition with lack of D in the future.

The nutrient test you did I think would be especially important for those following a very restrictive diet like in contest prep eating same old 3 or 4 foods days in and day out, a keto diet (where your eliminating a whole macro nutrient), etc

I do blood work once a year as it's mandatory here in Japan. I always test when I am on so I see real numbers. I have followed a lot of Dante's advice and have numbers never seen in my life this far.
Mandatory in what sense? Every inhabitant has to get bloodwork once a year or is from work?

I have Kaiser and they are on the top of blood work. Once a year BW and physical.

Mandatory in what sense? Every inhabitant has to get bloodwork once a year or is from work?

It's for work. The Japanese government requires all companies provide full-time employees with a comprehensive annual checkup. If we don't go, or they fail to provide they get reprimanded by the Ministry of Labor. Bloodwork, EKG, Ultrasound scans, Xray, etc...

It's for work. The Japanese government requires all companies provide full-time employees with a comprehensive annual checkup. If we don't go, or they fail to provide they get reprimanded by the Ministry of Labor. Bloodwork, EKG, Ultrasound scans, Xray, etc...
Wow that’s pretty nice tbh! Although taking gear could lead to playing with fire no? If bloodwork/other tests are bad, they will further investigate or even fire you?

Wow that’s pretty nice tbh! Although taking gear could lead to playing with fire no? If bloodwork/other tests are bad, they will further investigate or even fire you?

Nope not a chance of that. Gear is legal to use here. My post man brings it two days after my order with a big smile.

I do get notices in corporate mail however that my bmi is too high and would I be interested in healthy living assistance - lol.

I end up getting BW done around 3x a year for thyroid, HRT and job stuff. It gives some good info on regard to what is actually liver toxic and what screws with hdl, raises BP, etc. For example I saw a few guys on YouTube saying DHB is liver toxic, so I ran a bunch for a few months before a test. It really is not ( at least for me). Also I learned that any tren screws my hdl, while MENT does not. Also the BW caught the fact that I was using too much exemestane and leaching calcium out of my bones. I Iet allot of people might be accidentally doing this. Also dosing HGH AM only keeps my blood sugar normal, while multiple dosing jumps it up (would have guessed the opposite)

With BW we can make informed decisions instead of going off just bro-science.

In regard to some of the liver and kidney values, DO NOT train the day before the test, as this will elevate some things even if you are perfectly healthy.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear