over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Help with the biggest injection site knot I have in 20 years

lats79

Newbies
So I've had my fair share of knots in an injection site over the past 20 years but usually they're small and I pay no attention to them. On Mon I did my normal shot, I've been doing this cycle, eod of 2.5cc mast p and test e and everything went fine. Tues I noticed my pec was rather large and swollen so I figured maybe I hit below the muscle by accident so I would just have to deal with it. This morning it seamed a little smaller which was great but when I got home from work about an hour ago and took off my shirt I saw that it was big again but now the knot is very hard and the size of a baseball. Shit maybe even the size of a softball. Normally I think nothing of random knots but because of the size I thought I should ask some advice. The skin in slightly red but it's not anymore painful then a normal knot. So what do you guys think? Just treat it like a normal knot and let it do it's thing? At what point should I be actually worried? Appreciate any helpful advice, thanks.

It could be a big hematoma. Maybe you hit a vessel and it ruptured.

Here is one I saw happen on tv, during a boxing match. How to treat: https://www.wikihow.com/Heal-a-Hematoma-at-Home

boxing-19-2-1024x782.jpg

Is the skin hot to the touch? If you have any sign of a fever then head to the doctor right away because that would indicate a bad abscess.

Is the skin hot to the touch? If you have any sign of a fever then head to the doctor right away because that would indicate a bad abscess.
It's slightly warm to the touch just like any knot I've gotten before but no fever or any other symptoms. I've had a bad abscess before (nothing to do with gear) and this doesn't remind me of that but I'll be vigilantly keeping an eye out for any more issues.

You have a SOFTBALL size knot in your pec after a 2.5ml inj?
That is NOT normal and you need to get it checked out sooner rather than later.

If you have keflex on hand I would start taking it. It couldn't hurt.

I'm going to go to the emergency room today. For some clarification (not that it really makes a difference) it doesn't look like the hematoma on the boxers head. The pec is evenly swollen and just looks like one side of my chest is bigger then the other. When I push on it that's when I find the hard area the size of a baseball. Either way I'm skipping my morning workout and gonna head to the hospital to be on the safe side. Thanks for the feedback and I'll post what they find when I get back.

So just leaving the hospital now and luckily I'm fine. They called it a Mastitis and said just to use a warm compress and give it time. She also gave me a antibiotic to be on the safe side. Was worth the trip for the piece of mind but kinda pissed I missed my morning workout haha. Thanks for the advice and feedback

So just leaving the hospital now and luckily I'm fine. They called it a Mastitis and said just to use a warm compress and give it time. She also gave me a antibiotic to be on the safe side. Was worth the trip for the piece of mind but kinda pissed I missed my morning workout haha. Thanks for the advice and feedback
Weird, I thought that was something only women got especially when they are nursing. That is supposed to get painful if it progresses. Did they do an ultrasound of it or any kind of test?

Weird, I thought that was something only women got especially when they are nursing. That is supposed to get painful if it progresses. Did they do an ultrasound of it or any kind of test?

That what I thought as well. Then again we men can lactate too with enough tren and gh lol. All kidding aside, its sound more like a sterile abscess. Harmless just looks ugly until it finally absorbs.

Glad you got checked out and everything came back ok. Better safe then sorry.

The paperwork she gave me said it's most common in breastfeeding women but can happen in nonbreastfeeding women and men. Other than checking all my vitals, asking a lot of questions (which I answered honestly), and checking all over the area with her hands there wasn't any other testing. We talked about abscess's, cyst's, and such but she was pretty confident in her diagnosis of mastitis. She gave me a script for Doxycycline and Prednisone as well as a list of signs to look out for. I was also told to see my regular Dr. in 48hours or come back there to make sure it's progressing correctly.

The paperwork she gave me said it's most common in breastfeeding women but can happen in nonbreastfeeding women and men. Other than checking all my vitals, asking a lot of questions (which I answered honestly), and checking all over the area with her hands there wasn't any other testing. We talked about abscess's, cyst's, and such but she was pretty confident in her diagnosis of mastitis. She gave me a script for Doxycycline and Prednisone as well as a list of signs to look out for. I was also told to see my regular Dr. in 48hours or come back there to make sure it's progressing correctly.
Good, the prednisone should bring down the swelling and doxycycline just in case there's an infection I guess. Hopefully everything will be ok.

Missed workout today vs dead tissue being cut out your muscle with possible infection. You made the right choice.

Missed workout today vs dead tissue being cut out your muscle with possible infection. You made the right choice.
Yeah the missed workout really should be the least of your concerns now. You're not going to lose gains or make less gains not training for one day. Had they had to cut into you, you surely would have lost gains. Glad it turned out well.

Yeah the missed workout really should be the least of your concerns now. You're not going to lose gains or make less gains not training for one day. Had they had to cut into you, you surely would have lost gains. Glad it turned out well.

Yeah, I was just joking around, my health is definitely number one. It's one of the main reasons I work out, I've been lazy the last few years because I work 12 hours a day 7 days a week running my company but being 40 now I knew I had to make sure I was on top of things. Lost 45lbs before I started this cycle, up at 5:30 am every day to get my work out in before I head off to work.

Mastitis, huh? I'd be interested in knowing exactly where you gave yourself this shot in the pec. Honestly, 2.5ml sounds like a lot. I used to inject in crazy places, too. Now it's strictly VL, VG, DG, or delt. Mastitis is inflammation of the soft tissue of the breast...not the muscle. I assume you went to the ER. ER docs put out fires. They don't think too deeply about things like this. They're more worried about the more common ER type things. A guy comes in with a swollen breast and they'll probably run some labs, do an x-ray and, if the radiologist recommends it, a CT....and tell you to follow up with your PCP in a couple of days. Trust me...

To me, it sounds like a classic "bad shot". Heat is probably going to make it worse. I would go in the other direction. Also, I would explore not giving myself injections in places medical professionals shy away from.

But I could be wrong...I'm not a doctor.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Elisaac062224
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws