over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Front shin bone muscle development.

Vision

Registered
Front shin bone muscle development.
Unfortunately I do not have the machine in my gym that emphasizes on the tibialis anterior muscle.. therefore I'm limited and all I really do is the lower seated cable row machine I will attach something to my feet and put them on the very edge of the platform and do front curls or pulls with my feet..
Does anybody have any good suggestions on development techniques for this very neglected muscle?

I do have some resistant bands that are Wide, I thought of using those....

Any suggestions will be great..
I do jump rope often but this is not enough for development and anymore I get extreme pumps..

Resistance bands tied off then other end around foot and pulling toes up while seated on floor with legs straight in front of you. Also a good treadmill walk on # 10 incline will get that tibalis anterior burning

I was recently having bad pain along the muscle or tendon, its still there just not as bad. It seemed pointing toes up really aggravated it worse. What the guy above said is great advice.

I'm wondering if the size and development of this muscle is similar to calves, where genetics may play a role.

Resistance bands tied off then other end around foot and pulling toes up while seated on floor with legs straight in front of you. Also a good treadmill walk on # 10 incline will get that tibalis anterior burning
I'm going to try these tomorrow in fact I love doing resistance bands, I incorporate them a lot. I'll let you know how this works out I plan on hitting them at least twice a week with the rest of my wheels.

Do you suggest I bring my rep range 10-12 and bring it up to 20s?

I was recently having bad pain along the muscle or tendon, its still there just not as bad. It seemed pointing toes up really aggravated it worse. What the guy above said is great advice.

I'm wondering if the size and development of this muscle is similar to calves, where genetics may play a role.
I'm going to try this for sure because the only resistance I got is really using the bar on the lower row machine.. believe it or not that can be agonizing what

I'm going to try these tomorrow in fact I love doing resistance bands, I incorporate them a lot. I'll let you know how this works out I plan on hitting them at least twice a week with the rest of my wheels.

Do you suggest I bring my rep range 10-12 and bring it up to 20s?

Resistance bands you can adjust the tension with different bands or just stretching it out more, so you can get higher load, lower reps. Reality is, that tibalis anterior muscle is very much slow twitch muscle, conditioned that way from walking. So because of that I tend to do reps 18-20 range. Bringing up that area can def add size to overall lower leg. Probably one of the most neglected muscles

I use a resistance band ala John meadows. Is upset tib raises with every set of calf raises. It burns so good

If you have a standing leg curl machine you can sit on floor facing it, prop ankle on top of other foot or a pad, and hook toes under the machine roller.

If you have one of those seated military benches with the footrests, you can prop it up on something in front of a low cable pulley and attach a bar to put on top of your foot, works great.

Incline walking works for me. The higher the incline, the better.

If one were to use this method, what would you say in terms of length of time etc? Also would weight help, ie, I have a weighted rucksack. Really trying to bring this area up but I have no idea on how long one would do this to achieve some kind of hypertrophy on a cardio machine that could lead to muscular development.

Lee is a freak in the good sense of the word so I don't know how much value can
attribute to what he says . . .

I think you kinda have it or you don't. Making 'meaningful' changes to it, i.e, muscular
size to it via direct exercise is pretty pointless. Just regular calf exercises is all I would
do and hope for the best :)

If one were to use this method, what would you say in terms of length of time etc? Also would weight help, ie, I have a weighted rucksack. Really trying to bring this area up but I have no idea on how long one would do this to achieve some kind of hypertrophy on a cardio machine that could lead to muscular development.
I always walk an hour daily on a high incline and they are sometimes painfully pumped from that (as in hard to continue walking), especially when I'm on Anadrol. I think a weighted rucksack would be a great addition idd. High incline walking is also great for the calves.

Lee is a freak in the good sense of the word so I don't know how much value can
attribute to what he says . . .

I think you kinda have it or you don't. Making 'meaningful' changes to it, i.e, muscular
size to it via direct exercise is pretty pointless. Just regular calf exercises is all I would
do and hope for the best :)
Agreed for the most part but you can still make them bigger and it kinda looks cool if they're developed well too.

Dante recommends walking on the highest incline your treadmill will go, lean over and rest your arms on the top of the treadmill, and walk on your heels only with toes up for 20-30 minutes

Dante recommends walking on the highest incline your treadmill will go, lean over and rest your arms on the top of the treadmill, and walk on your heels only with toes up for 20-30 minutes

That's what I do. I switch it up between pushing through my heels and pushing through my toes (for calves). I'd say this has done more for my tibialis and calf growth than direct training has done.

Interesting approach. No doubt you will feel it in your tibialis anterior.

The closest I come to working this muscle directly is when I do standing
calf raises using a Smith machine, I do them flat footed, off the floor
(the stretch is very overrated in my opinion) and when flat footed between
reps I make an attempt to raise my toes, the front of my foot. And I do
feel some activation of the tibialis anterior. I don't think I ever made a
conscious decision to work this muscle, it just made 'sense' to do my calf
raises this way. Can't say I have seen any extra development though.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity