advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Question.....what types of cardio do you all use incorporated with diet.

Biggest Fish

Newbies
I was wondering what forms of cardio ya-all use with diet to get the finished look you desire. I myself use treadmill with brisk walk and inclines in intervals of every 2 minutes. From what I learned in order to actually start to burn fat, heart rate has to be above 135. Second part of question. How long do you stay on the machine? How many times a week? Do you do splits of once in the morning and another at night? Is this done on your light days? Sorry for all the question but I'm 50 6'4" 275#. This is going to be my return to the gym after 2 yrs off for some traumatic events in my life. I am giving it one last go at it and want to have as much knowledge as I can to be successful at my goal. Thank you for all help and advice I have already received. Much respect, BF

I use the bike and do hitt cardio . Burns more than the treadmill but is also a lot less stress on the joints . I'm over 50 as well

I do 20 minutes every day but leg day . No cardio on leg day . On only cardio day I use the ropes and hit the heavy bag for 4 2 minute rounds

My problem as well are my joints. I do a fast walk on treadmill and as I said every 2 minutes I incline for another 2 and then back down. I increase the speed every 4 minutes. I go 25 minutes making sure my heart rate is above 135. Like I said I am going back after being of for 2yrs. This time I have a few different helpers ( clen,t3 and gh) Do you think I need to up the length of time to like 40 minutes? Jazz thank you the input and good to know I'm not the only 50 yr old here.

HIIT on the elyptical on cardio days. Usually get 20-30 minutes

I wouldnt do 40 minutes unless it's in 2 different sessions . I believe if u do true hitt to level u can go 20 minutes is all that's needed . Now as time goes on you will need to increase the intensity just like anything else.

Now if u have time for morning and night session then 20 each time will work out great . I believe u lose to much muscle mass doing 40 minutes at one time. Of course this is all in my opinion

Typically treadmill, starting fairly slow, the gradually increasing then decreasing incline and speed.

I'm going to give HIIT another shot, though. Personally I think it cuts into leg recovery, but I want to give it a fair chance.

I find walking to be a great way to loose fat. Here is a quote that goes along with what I read to be true over the years. "At rest, fat constitutes as much as 85 percent of calories burned. That figure shifts to about 70 percent at an easy walking pace. If you transition to a moderate-effort run, the mix becomes about 50 percent fat and 50 percent carbohydrates, and it moves increasingly toward carbohydrates the faster you go." The faster you go or the steeper you go you burn more calories per minute. So you can burn more fat calories per hour. But mile per mile slower can be better but takes longer to achieve the same thing. But the stress on your muscles and joints can be less. And cortisol levels stay lower. I also use most of the aerobic equipment in the and change it up so I am not just getting the same wear and tear in a localized area. And the body adapts to what you do and figures out how to make it more efficient, which burns fewer calories.

I was wondering what forms of cardio ya-all use with diet to get the finished look you desire. I myself use treadmill with brisk walk and inclines in intervals of every 2 minutes. From what I learned in order to actually start to burn fat, heart rate has to be above 135. Second part of question. How long do you stay on the machine? How many times a week? Do you do splits of once in the morning and another at night? Is this done on your light days? Sorry for all the question but I'm 50 6'4" 275#. This is going to be my return to the gym after 2 yrs off for some traumatic events in my life. I am giving it one last go at it and want to have as much knowledge as I can to be successful at my goal. Thank you for all help and advice I have already received. Much respect, BF
When I start getting in prep mode I always start with 20 min of the stair master 6x a week and add 5 minutes every week to cap out to 50 min - hour

I believe u lose to much muscle mass doing 40 minutes at one time. Of course this is all in my opinion

Damn it, no! If its liss cardio you should not lose muscle.

I havent tried HIIT cardio before. I do hear of rapid fat loss because of it.

I just use the tread mill and walk on an include. I change on the speed and the walk up to a 6 incline. I never hold on like I see so many people doing these days.

I just use the tread mill and walk on an include. I change on the speed and the walk up to a 6 incline. I never hold on like I see so many people doing these days.

My favorite is when fuckers speed the thing all the way up, then jump on it for a few seconds, then put their feet back on the sides again. Wtf?! Or get on there and walk twice as slow as they normally would lol

My favorite is when fuckers speed the thing all the way up, then jump on it for a few seconds, then put their feet back on the sides again. Wtf?! Or get on there and walk twice as slow as they normally would lol

Gotta love the people who walk really slow while playing with their phones when there’s not any available tread mills. I wish they would get the fuck out of there.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear