advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Bodyweight squats; wow..the most unbelievable pumps and your experience with them

And Bag Balm (tm) is great for chaffing. My wife used to use it when she was long distance
cycling, like 200 miles a day.
Wow! 200 a day! I once did a century, took about 6 hours. Thought I was gonna die!

I once had a guide in South America (Venezuela) who, in the summer time, used to
hump huge resupply loads up to cabins along the Appalachian Trail. His legs and
calves were huge. When we climbed to the top of Mt. Roraima (took us 3 days to
get to the base) he did it all, with sandals on, carrying a huge big wall climbing bag.
Guy was an animal.

That's one country I would really like to visit again. Although I didn't visit the Mainland and just stayed on Margarita island. The "carribean" but rugged landscape was amazing. I visted Galacia in Spain last year and it looked very similar in parts. That reminds me I have pics from there I never posted. I will post a thread in the pic forum in a minute as I kept forgetting to do it. I think you may like a few of the pics.

That's one country I would really like to visit again. Although I didn't visit the Mainland and just stayed on Margarita island. The "carribean" but rugged landscape was amazing. I visted Galacia in Spain last year and it looked very similar in parts. That reminds me I have pics from there I never posted. I will post a thread in the pic forum in a minute as I kept forgetting to do it. I think you may like a few of the pics.

I don't think it is possible for an American to get in the country now. It was difficult for
me to get in way back then. The interior of the country is like the wild wild west. Many
things I have done in my life are literally impossible to repeat now :(. I feel bad for
the current generation. Tourism has destroyed so many lovely places.

Enough reminiscing . . . back to talking about exercise . . .

Wow! 200 a day! I once did a century, took about 6 hours. Thought I was gonna die!

M, 6 hours is a good time for 100 miles. Takes me about 7 - 8 :(

My wife used to 200 miles days back to back. At one point in time she was one of the
top 10 long distance bike rides in the USA. I think her best ride was Paris–Brest–Paris,
known as PBP, 750 miles in under 90 hours.

And her legs got bigger the more she rode, as a vegetarian. It got so bad she could
not fit her legs in a pair of shorts or pants. So people who think that ‘endurance
exercise’ and little to normal levels of protein (sometimes a deficit) doesn’t build
muscle, well . . . you have not met my wife.

M, 6 hours is a good time for 100 miles. Takes me about 7 - 8 :(

My wife used to 200 miles days back to back. At one point in time she was one of the
top 10 long distance bike rides in the USA. I think her best ride was Paris–Brest–Paris,
known as PBP, 750 miles in under 90 hours.

And her legs got bigger the more she rode, as a vegetarian. It got so bad she could
not fit her legs in a pair of shorts or pants. So people who think that ‘endurance
exercise’ and little to normal levels of protein (sometimes a deficit) doesn’t build
muscle, well . . . you have not met my wife.
She didnt race professionally ? I have no idea what a competitive 100 mile time would be. To be fair, the 100 miles I did was mostly flat. Good amount of farm country. During one part it got real hard because the wind kicked up and I was riding right into it, with the land so flat and no corn up it was brutal. I got a bad calf cramp!

My time was around 6 hours 15 min .

She didnt race professionally ? I have no idea what a competitive 100 mile time would be. To be fair, the 100 miles I did was mostly flat. Good amount of farm country. During one part it got real hard because the wind kicked up and I was riding right into it, with the land so flat and no corn up it was brutal. I got a bad calf cramp!

My time was around 6 hours 15 min .

Never got her 'pro card'. Don't think there many, if any pro bike racing when she was
riding, or even a pro racer. She was living in Chicago and Milwaukee at the time.
Training in the Mid-West was hell. The heat and humidity, the flat and endless miles of
corn fields, you know. You gotta have a strong brain.

Oh yea . . . for PBP, she was powered by mashed potatoes and Coke (the beverage).
She lost a lot of weight on that ride, muscle and fat.

Frank Zane used to run several miles every when he was living in Palm Springs prepping
for the Olympia. Granted he did not have monster legs like we see today (he would not
have wanted them would be my guess) but they sure looked great in person or on the
stage.

Good interview here, how he prepped for shows, old school style (sorry about the repost):

And Bag Balm (tm) is great for chaffing. My wife used to use it when she was long distance
cycling, like 200 miles a day.

Bag Balm is probably one of my favorite products, period. I use it all over, for chafed lips, a callous softener, everything and yes it's especially good for chafed thighs. Messy, but good.

Never got her 'pro card'. Don't think there many, if any pro bike racing when she was
riding, or even a pro racer. She was living in Chicago and Milwaukee at the time.
Training in the Mid-West was hell. The heat and humidity, the flat and endless miles of
corn fields, you know. You gotta have a strong brain.

Oh yea . . . for PBP, she was powered by mashed potatoes and Coke (the beverage).
She lost a lot of weight on that ride, muscle and fat.
I remember I lost a lot doing just 100. It was fairly hot out. Once i stopped cycling like that was when i started putting on more muscle fast! It did make my legs fairly strong. I remember when I first started lifting at 16 years old I could do 225 lbs for a good 10 reps the first week. I was tall and skinny too, 6 foot and about 140 lbs.

My quads are roasted from doing sissy squats with a heavy resistance band this morning! FUCK
r u guys doing sissy squats without the machine?
I've only done them at a gym with the piece of equipment that secures your feet/calves
-F2S

b-boy, what resistance band did you use?
I have a 5 band set I bought off amazon, I used the red band, the only higher resistance bands in that set are the green and black I think, I will have to look?
Honestly I'm kinda enjoying working out with bands, it's fun trying to push myself with different things.

Just thought about one of my favorite bodyweight moves for quads, Hindu squats! I reckon you'd need to double up the band and/or loop it around your wrist somehow.

r u guys doing sissy squats without the machine?
I've only done them at a gym with the piece of equipment that secures your feet/calves
-F2S

I can attest that doing sissy squats using one of those benches that secures your feet can add significant size to the quads. I was always a free bar squatter and I had pretty lousy legs despite being able to squat 3x bodyweight in a judged meet. I switched over to sissy squats initially and did a ton of constant tension reps to focus on quads, and boom I had quads. Later, I reintroduced resistance squats in the form of hack squats and once again, quads grew. My only issue is I simply cannot get that same tension on the quads doing sissy squats without that squat bench.

Attachments

• sissy squat machine.jpg
    sissy squat machine.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 26
I did some pistol squats, banded bulgarian split squats, and banded leg extensions today with my good leg as part of my leg workout.

Yeah, bodyweight stuff can hurt like hell :)

This looks decent.

I own that exact bench. The problem is, I "donated" it to my gym because I wanted to use it in conjunction with my standard leg day and did not want to drag it in and out of the gym every time I trained legs. That is EXACTLY the bench I used to bring my quads up for hypertrophy purposes. Doing tons of reps on that blew up my quads far more than powerlifting style squats ever did. The problem is, that bench is now locked up in my gym and I don't anticipate any gyms in Cali opening before June 1.

I own that exact bench. The problem is, I "donated" it to my gym because I wanted to use it in conjunction with my standard leg day and did not want to drag it in and out of the gym every time I trained legs. That is EXACTLY the bench I used to bring my quads up for hypertrophy purposes. Doing tons of reps on that blew up my quads far more than powerlifting style squats ever did. The problem is, that bench is now locked up in my gym and I don't anticipate any gyms in Cali opening before June 1.
Looks like it is in stock, I guess you could buy it again? :oops: $370 is a good price.

Looks like it is in stock, I guess you could buy it again? :oops: $370 is a good price.

I am not going to buy it because I still have one in my gym. Which I believe will reopen around June 1. I am pretty sure things will get back to normal again by the start of summer. But, yes...if you have a home gym that is worth it. Valuable piece of equip for quad hypertrophy IMO.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws