YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

So What Will You Keep in Your Routine Post Lockdown?

dj

Registered
Newbies
So with most everyone going gymless during the lockdown are any of you going to keep whatever alternative method you've chosen in your routine longterm? Myself I have used a light band for warm up and prehab type stuff for quite awhile but after watching some videos on band work I added some into my regular workouts as well out and will probably keep them in there in some form or another.

Some have posted on TRX and body weight movements being effective. It just seems like there are multiple benefits to keep doing them, albeit in limited manner, after the gyms open back up.

Hell No!!! This shit is killing my joints!!

Great question OP! I definitely am going to keep my dips, chin ups, pull ups, bodyweight squats and push ups (all high rep bodyweight exercises) and will "cycle" that into my weightlifting gym program where it will look something like..for 4 weeks it will be super heavy weightlifting focus..and then every 5th week or so (Depending on how I feel) I will take off gym based heavy lifting and will go balls to walls on the bodyweight stuff for a week..give the joints a nice break and then come back to gym for weeks 1-4 again of heavy lifting.
I find that I actually look BETTER now with the bodyweight stuff and respond so well to it but then again the way I do it is I go balls to walls on it with super strict form. I want to be STRONG as a BULL with the weights but I also want to master over my bodyweight exercises and ace the endurance and stamina aspects of things all the whilst keeping injury and aching joints at bay as much as I am able to and hope that this scheme will accomplish that!
Oh and, weather permitting, I will also incorporate those nice long one and a half hour power hikes as cardio..beats the machine in 5 million ways.

Never really did bench dips before now. I’ll keep doing them once the gyms open back up. They wreck my triceps. Better than even parallel dips which I’ve always been a fan of.

Will look to keep in the extra unilateral leg work (DB reverse lunges, Bulgarian split squats), hip thrusts, and DB skullcrushers. Also hope to establish a better stretching / movement routine I can do daily.

20lbs in the plate carrier, down & up 32 floors...keeping it!
Same plate carrier, 100 push ups, 100 squats & 100 sit ups (modified mini Murph) minus the 1 mile run pre & post...keeping it:)
10mg Test Prop and 1.5iu GH daily...keeping it.

When I get back to the gym I'm gonna be an uber germaphobe. Someone coughing/sneezing & looks physically ill,
I'm out of there!

walking lunges. never did them before. love the pump. very underrated exercise.

BTN Shoulder Press and some band stuff, I am liking band face pull/pull apart

Reactions: dj
Never really did bench dips before now. I’ll keep doing them once the gyms open back up. They wreck my triceps. Better than even parallel dips which I’ve always been a fan of.

Indeed, I always thought it was a shitty exercise because of how much added weight you can use so I rarely ever did them but since I'm so limited at what I can do at home I started doing them again between a chair and my couch and they really fry my triceps. Definitely going to use them again once the gyms re-open as well.

I'm keeping nothing apart from my walks in the forest which I have been doing for 30 years anyway. If I could have an optimal workout at home I would never have started at the gym. I can't have heavy equipment in the apartment I live in. Can't wait to get lifting again, I'm down 5kg so far.

Pullups, Weighted Dips and Bulgarian SS as heavy loading exercises.

Not a single thing, let me tell you that. Only thing is I'll stick with 10-15h/week with my desk cycle while sitting around, but that's been there since before this whole mess started.

I used to do bench dips a lot and liked them, but took them out for some reason...hmmm, may have to add those back in.

Anal deff Anal..
... still working on this.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear