YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Is your gym closing due to the shut down?

Adr805

Registered
So i got an email saying the gym i go to is officially closing its doors for good. I loved this gym have been there since 2012. Was a bally’s then a golds, before my gym bought it out. Had all the oldschool iron weights, awesome gym. Super upset that its closing. Have checked out other gyms before the shut down. Seems like everyone takes selfies after every set in pricey work out apparell. Im at the gym to train not look like a model lol. Didnt really fit in to well at those gyms. Just seeing if anyone elses gyms they go to are closing their doors for good as well

So i got an email saying the gym i go to is officially closing its doors for good. I loved this gym have been there since 2012. Was a bally’s then a golds, before my gym bought it out. Had all the oldschool iron weights, awesome gym. Super upset that its closing. Have checked out other gyms before the shut down. Seems like everyone takes selfies after every set in pricey work out apparell. Im at the gym to train not look like a model lol. Didnt really fit in to well at those gyms. Just seeing if anyone elses gyms they go to are closing their doors for good as well

I think a lot of the gyms are going to be hurting big time with many closing down. As long as there is social distancing and capacity limitations, it is going to be tough to survive to begin with. Then add in all the people that are cancelling memberships because either they are scared to go there, don't want to deal with the hassle of the new rules and limitations, or bought their own equipment in the time being and are fine just sticking with that. I really don't see how any of them are going to survive without a big government bailout.

I really don't see how any of them are going to survive without a big government bailout.
Not much chance of that I bet. It would be smart though, since being fit will avoid so many health problems. The industry needs some powerful lobbyists. Maybe Arnold will come in and do something.

This is a shame. I'm seeing a ton of gyms going under. Home gym sales are at an all time high.

Super sad, i gave the idea to my buddy whos a higher up at gym i went to thatd it may be a good idea to rent out weights. Rent a certain amount of weights out for the monthly membership fee so they dont go under. That was before i got the email. Sad to see the only old school gym in my area go under

I think a lot of the gyms are going to be hurting big time with many closing down. As long as there is social distancing and capacity limitations, it is going to be tough to survive to begin with. Then add in all the people that are cancelling memberships because either they are scared to go there, don't want to deal with the hassle of the new rules and limitations, or bought their own equipment in the time being and are fine just sticking with that. I really don't see how any of them are going to survive without a big government bailout.

My thoughts as well probably only larger or franchised gyms la fitness, planet fitness etc...

My home gym has been collecting donations from members to try salvage the loss.

Super sad, i gave the idea to my buddy whos a higher up at gym i went to thatd it may be a good idea to rent out weights. Rent a certain amount of weights out for the monthly membership fee so they dont go under. That was before i got the email. Sad to see the only old school gym in my area go under
One side effect of so many gyms going out, there will then be a lot of nice equipment going up for sale in the open market. If enough go under it might drop the price of equipment at least in your area.

i got a call from the local gym owner today. family owned super old and run down. he told me hes opening back up. he said its his business and hes not losing it to this shit. if i want to come in i walk in and shut the gate behind me. speak easy type deal. i feel like a kid on xmas eve.

I doubt the home gym thing will last for long, most people go to the gym to socialize anyway and be seen. Only a few of us go in and want everyone to leave us the fuck alone. Many will shut down but new ones will open up. Not saying it is acceptable the governments actions and the destruction it has caused, but the gym industry will only hurt in the short run. Good for the guy who is opening up anyway.

Mine never stopped charging me my monthly membership fee despite the government mandated closure. That being the case, I don't see how mine would be impacted. Early on a was a bit aggravated I was still being charged. Now, in hindsight, if it's the difference between them surviving or not I'm ok with having paid despite not being allowed entry.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws