over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

People eat too much protein

I was my thickest heaviest and strongest when I was going for 400 plus grams a day. 4-5 two to three scoop shakes with whole milk and only 3 meals a day sometimes 2. I was 20 yrs younger using a few grams a week of pharma gear and heavy Olympic lifting and strongman stuff. Iv also made gains on 150-200 grams a day with hardly any food though and less than a gram a week of gear and lighter high rep training. Not blowing up but going in the right direction and with heavy recomp. Different look. Like my Jekyll and Hyde. I def feel healthier with better digestive function on lower protein. Consuming a lot of it is hard on us.

So many thoughts on this. Does everyone have to eat high protein to get big and lean... of course not. Some do great growing huge taking in 200g protein with lot's of carbs and/or fats. So you 100% don't need to eat high protein to attain your bodybuilding goals. Carbs and fats are protein sparing. However I think most people don't actually eat enough protein (me included) and they would get better results if they did. Not's not to say someone like you felt much better on lower protein and could maintain or even improve your physique that way. It's not one size fits everyone.

There are simply too many variables to this and no right/wrong answer. At least you tried high protein and so you know what it done for you. Although there is much more to a diet than just protein content. You have total calories, food types, food timing, supplementation used and training etc. The thermic effect on certain macros is also an important factor for this subject. Net energy balance is vital but anyone who has followed different diets will know they 100% effect your physique differently even if overall calories are the same. Everyone is different and responds better to certain diets.

So many guys on here pretty much maintain most of the time. Let's say they have a balanced diet and nothing overly stands out. I think adding 100g protein into their diet could massivle effect the way they look. Again too many variables (starting macros and genetics etc) and the same could be said for other macros but for me in a general sense more protein should create a better physique compared to adding the same cals from carbs or fats.

It's very hard to eat loads of protein so very few actually do it. Some may do it by having loads of shakes but they don't respond well to that but then they go oh high protein doesn't work for me. Again just far too any variables with food types being another prime example. At the same time some people may eat too much protein and they have issues digesting it so they would be better lowering it or perhaps even adding in certain digestive enzymes could improve matters.

There is no set way up the mountain and so many different approaches work. It doesn't have to be black or white all the time. However I do believe if many actually consistently ate protein approx 6 times daily they would get better results and high protein often means simply more muscle.

I ate 1 gr/lb. of body weight early on and did well. When I increased it to 1.5 gr.'s there was noticeable improvement. These days I am not growing and eat less then 1 gr/lb and maintain well.

idk i just love red meat!
i dont feel right without a kg o beef ed.
from there it depends on other variables.
if im training hard, that get basically doubled, then salad or veg and a lil potato.
i cant stomach chicken any more. too old to eat things i dont like. lol

I followed Dante like a disciple in the early years and while I never achieved freak status (I was a pussy w drugs and couldn't handle heavy doses) the best I ever looked and the heaviest I got was on 2-2.5g pro per bw. 5'8' high 230's/low 240's... Different strokes for different folks my friend. I tried raising carbs and dropping pro while adjusting fats and just got fat. I was a furnace on high pro and could stay lean. Not so w higher carbs. Back then, I didnt use insulin or gh. Just food, and personally, while it's not 'needed', it does work best for many of us w less than stellar genetics or those that get fat rather easy.

I'm 37 now and just a trt guy but I can tell you once gyms open, I'll be hopping back on the protein wagon (low to mod carbs, healthy fats) and I'll transform in a way I wouldn't w a different macro approach. I can say that w 100% certainty as my food logs over 20 years show as much. Its expensive, its a chore.. but multiple lbs of meat a day have always been my foolproof way to grow and stay lean.

Is 1g sufficient, sure. Even less probably is sufficient... but I remember reading cycle for pennies as a youngin' well before it was mainstream and I'm damn glad I followed the DC stuff. It worked for me far better than anything else over the years.

To each their own...

Ty, if you are the same Ty that I remember from DAT's board, you sure have better than average genetics. I am on the same page though in terms of boat loads of carbs. I do better when they are moderate while fats and proteins are up a bit.

idk i just love red meat!
i dont feel right without a kg o beef ed.
from there it depends on other variables.
if im training hard, that get basically doubled, then salad or veg and a lil potato.
i cant stomach chicken any more. too old to eat things i dont like. lol

Lol, yeah chicken is hard for me to eat anymore man. I still do, just not nearly as much!

Ya...That's Keep Your Shirt On SHIT!
But Again if your like Me...In 2 days of No Pizza I'm Dialed!!!
But I Doubt your Like Me!

Still, rather have Too Much Protein than Anything else in Excess!!!
Buddy, you will look like a little girl standing next to me when I am dialed in and on cycle.. what a goof.
Yeah I've seen your photos in the past, I've been a member since 2007, and if you really think you look good, then you are miserably mistaken. Sorry to burst your bubble grandpa.

Ok,Sure….I Bet you can Look Pretty Good after a Giant Cycle and Months of Dieting to Get ready for that One Day Show!
Just Saying You look Like Shit in That Pic! and that's Your Norm.
Should be a Little Better At your Age...Youngster!
But this New generation Sucks!

I think You May have me Confused with Another Member....Or Your Delusional ???

Ok,Sure….I Bet you can Look Pretty Good after a Giant Cycle and Months of Dieting to Get ready for that One Day Show!

Just fuck of man. Get a life.

If you had the IQ to even look me up here, you would know I had a kidney transplant in 2013. Believe me I am not delusional and I don't have you confused with anyone else.
If you have nothing positive to say keep your shit to yourself and for an old fucker like you to be posting negative comments on forums you seriously either need another hobby or grow the fuck up.
Don't you worry how I look, let me worry about that.

We all know the persona of some of you negative turds have, you always like to put others down to make yourself feel better. This is called being an attention whore.
I really don't want to stoop down to your immaturity level, so if you don't like what you see or what you read, do us all a favor and keep your negative comments to yourself.
Otherwise go post on Meso board, you'll probably feel right at home.

Specific dynamic action = the thermic effect of food.

Anyone here can eat the way they want to eat.....but the fact of the matter is the amount of energy it takes to digest and assimilate

protein vs carbs vs fats is very distinct.

protein =20-35%
fats and carbs = 5-15% and i think thats a gross overstatement with fats more like 5% and carbs more like 7.5%

Whats the easiest food to eat? pretty much carbs and fats...hey i get it. And again people can do what they want to do.

But the thermogenisis of diet particulars is very real...and if you are going to overeat one macro....its a pretty easy choice of the one you can get away with making the least mistakes with=protein.

I hate that we use those two terms synonymously, the thermogenic effect of carbs is highly variable because of its specific dynamics of action. In high intensity activity you're going to find carbs are going to have similar thermo effects to protein due to the "carb flame," but at rest yeah protein is the no brainier.

No one's really discussed gastric motility which is one of the largest variables on how you respond to high protein.

I hate that we use those two terms synonymously, the thermogenic effect of carbs is highly variable because of its specific dynamics of action. In high intensity activity you're going to find carbs are going to have similar thermo effects to protein due to the "carb flame," but at rest yeah protein is the no brainier.

Never heard of the "carb flame" causing protein and carbs to have similar thermo effects. Very interesting, in a way it would make sense. Any material you can link here?

Never heard of the "carb flame" causing protein and carbs to have similar thermo effects. Very interesting, in a way it would make sense. Any material you can link here?

Pretty simple explanation provided in the link.

Lol, yeah chicken is hard for me to eat anymore man. I still do, just not nearly as much!

the other thing with chicken is modern chicken is scary and not real chicken.
go buy a bird with feather n blood that lived and ate more natural and its waaaay better then the crunchy hard EEE breasts on sale.

that said.
i dont remember the last time i ate chicken... 4 months? lol
maybe on a salad? lol

I compete at 215 to 225 and consider 250-300g of protein to be ideal counting all sources. I also consider this to be fairly high.

Remember that the energy required to digest protein is already calculated into its calories, protein has around 5.5 calories per gram before this calculation. There is a further reduction in calories per gram ONLY IF the protein is metabolized into glucose. Unmetabolized protein really has no calories, as it becomes part of the body (energy becomes potential energy).

Gym bros walking around at 220lbs who would compete at 170-180lbs and eat 400g/day are probably massively overdoing it.

I was my thickest heaviest and strongest when I was going for 400 plus grams a day. 4-5 two to three scoop shakes with whole milk and only 3 meals a day sometimes 2. I was 20 yrs younger using a few grams a week of pharma gear and heavy Olympic lifting and strongman stuff. Iv also made gains on 150-200 grams a day with hardly any food though and less than a gram a week of gear and lighter high rep training. Not blowing up but going in the right direction and with heavy recomp. Different look. Like my Jekyll and Hyde. I def feel healthier with better digestive function on lower protein. Consuming a lot of it is hard on us.
u were at yr best when u were on a ton of gear and 20 years younger....nothing to do with protein intake

I compete at 215 to 225 and consider 250-300g of protein to be ideal counting all sources. I also consider this to be fairly high.

Remember that the energy required to digest protein is already calculated into its calories, protein has around 5.5 calories per gram before this calculation. There is a further reduction in calories per gram ONLY IF the protein is metabolized into glucose. Unmetabolized protein really has no calories, as it becomes part of the body (energy becomes potential energy).

Gym bros walking around at 220lbs who would compete at 170-180lbs and eat 400g/day are probably massively overdoing it.

I'm around the same protein intake and would agree that's a good amount (more than enough) for most people who are over 200 pounds and lean. I have periods of 100-200g as well but it's not intentional most of the time and moreso because I can't be bothered. Recently it has varied but 300g on a good day and 200g on a not so good day :eek: I will be more consistent now and over time it will increase but nothing over the top. There are no wrong answers in many ways and no ideal amount but for me if I want to mutate and get to about 260 lean I think moving closer to 400g would only help. I could still get to a very similar look using much less protein but I think pushing pass 300g and getting closer to 400g is optimal for me. For that I have to be firing on all cylinders so my metabolism, digestion and well everything needs to be in place to take full advantage of that intake.

For that I have to be firing on all cylinders so my metabolism, digestion and well everything needs to be in place to take full advantage of that intake.

I just wanted to highlight this as I think it's important. I believe very high protein diets do stress the digestive tract more, and thus will only yield optimal results when everything is in order. Age and other factors will obviously make achieving this state more challenging.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131